Old 04-18-2009, 12:14 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Have fun! I've been a bridesmaid at two weddings and I loved it!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:23 PM   #17  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Jessica, we don't hear nearlyenough from you! Quit your lurking and come hang with us.

BTW, the dress is amazing. I'm sure you will look amazing in it.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:50 PM   #18  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

Hey Jess - good to see ya around! (k so I'm not around so much too.. but I am today)

wasnt a bridesmaid. but made it a mini goal last summer - to get to a BFF's wedding after losing 100 lbs and to feel amazingly proud of myself.

It's so much about attitude. I went. I wore a jacket two sizes too big.. and I didnt enjoy myself because I felt icky (was also sick) but seriously.

Bring the confidence you have and you'll rock it -getting the dress altered is awesome - it's gorgous.
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:53 PM   #19  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hey Jessica, Goddess of Hotness! You will look GREAT in that dress no matter what!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:33 PM   #20  
getting healthier!

S/C/G: 267/266/140's

Height: 5'7''

you're so lucky to have that beautiful dress to wear! Im going to be a bridesmaid in my best friend's wedding(although it's not until fall 2010)..but the bridesmaids dresses that she has picked out are this periwinkle awful light blue/purple color... who the heck looks good in that color?! .. anyways.. I'm determined to look the best that I can(regardless of the color) by then
nik1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:27 PM   #21  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Great dress! I agree with everyone who says get it in the size you wear now. It's a lot easier to take something in than it is to let something out.

I've only been a bridesmaid once, in my sister's wedding. The dress I had to wear was fairly hideous. :P I was much, much smaller than I am now, though - probably in the 170's. (And, of course, I thought I was a )

Last edited by Jennelle; 04-19-2009 at 02:28 PM.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:52 PM   #22  
No description available.

Jessica, you are going to look smashing in that dress!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:07 PM   #23  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

That dress is hot hot hot! You will look fabulous in it!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:20 PM   #24  
Keep on Walkin'

S/C/G: 320/*Ticker*/130

Height: 5'6"

I too have to be a bridesmaid. Its on august 15th. Im trying to wait as long as possible to buy the dress, one so I can buy the smallest size possible and then have to alter it less and also, cause Im broke! lol. Its a pretty dress I have to get, but its nothing I could ever wear again. Not even if I shortened it. Yours is beautiful. You can for sure make a cute cocktail dress afterwards by having it shortened. Anyone have any idea about how much alterations cost? cause im gonig to go broke buying the dress, but im not going to hinder my weight loss efforts to make sure im going to fit in the same size dress in 4 months. but she is my good friend so I want to do this for her.
NiftyTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Welcome Back Jessica! It's so good to have you back...that dress is very pretty!!

I have been one twice. My brothers wedding in 2005, and my sisters wedding in 2008. For my brothers wedding I was much heavier than I was at my sisters wedding. As for the not sopose to lose weight after ordering the dress, I've never heard that before. In fact, for my sisters wedding, I had to order the largest size it came in, and have the lady tell me they might have to add material!! When it came time to pick up the dress I had to have it taken in, twice! I was more than thrilled to have it altered to make it smaller than having to add more material ( which is what the lady at the bridal shop orig said...but of course, there was like 5 months in between ordering the dress and finally picking it up ) I'll post a photo from each wedding....both bridesmaid dresses were beautiful IMO.....first photo is from my brothers wedding, I'm on the right. 2nd photo is from my sisters wedding,

Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:55 AM   #26  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

I bridesmaided in a purple (really, really purple) cocktail dress last year, and I had a blast.

Make sure you buy good underwear, it can really make the dress. And if you are wearing shoes that are higher than you are used to, wear them in the evening for a month leading up to the wedding to get used to them. Also, take some flats with you to change into.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:47 PM   #27  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Good foundations are important. A corset or something in the Lycra family will do nicely.

If you're wearing a contraption with garters, put your panties on LAST!!! You MUST remember this!!!!!

I was a bridesmaid a few years ago at size 24. We found a great dress @ Marshalls (us girls were all in black dresses of our choosing), but it had a Hawaiian pattern like white & black flowered. It also has a satiny liner, so we flipped it inside out, got a big swath of black lace & basted it onto the bottom to hide the white satin hem.

I hate hate hate my arms, so we found a wide black table runner @ Pier One & I used that a shawl. Looked great!

The cut of the dress was very flattering to me, so I kept it & wore it to 2 other weddings, right side out, with a pair of CUUUUTE kitten heels.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:11 AM   #28  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

What a pretty dress! I was Maid-of-Honor in my friend's wedding this past October. I picked out a similar chiffon flowy material for myself and the bridesmaids dresses. (The bride let me pick them.) It's an awesome material. We all looked great... even me who was a whopping 268lbs at the time.
As for alterations, I wouldn't worry about losing weight. You won't be getting it altered right now anyways. We had ours done a couple weeks before the wedding.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote