Old 04-10-2009, 01:33 PM   #46  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I went for my usual walk during my lunch break and it dawned on me that my hips were not hurting. For a long time, my hips hurt every time I walked and I did not think it would ever stop. It did!!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:23 PM   #47  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Down in my basement of "small" clothes (14s and 16s) I had two very, very nice suits ~ "interview" suits. They have names. One is "Small" and the other is "Tiny." Both are gray. Small is charcoal and Tiny is a really nice metallic pewter (the description may sound scary but trust me it is a gorgeous suit).

I remember buying both of them. I bought Tiny for an interview with the John Kerry Presidential Campaign back in 2003 (didn't get the job, and that's quite OK LOL). I bought Small to go to a movie premiere spotlighting the nonprofit my husband (at the time) worked for.

So in my head, I was quite sure Small was a 16 and Tiny was a 14. Well, Tiny is a 14W, way too small. But Small is a 20! And, by gum, IT FITS!!!! I tried it on today and it totally, completely, utterly fits!!!! It looks FANTASTIC!!!!! I brought it upstairs and put it in my truck so I can take it to the dry cleaner tomorrow...and then I will HAVE A SUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I got laid off, divorced, depressed, drunk and gained all this weight, I wore sweatpants (virtually) every day, to work when I could, then at home and on weekends when I got a job that required dress clothes...for FIVE YEARS. Five years of crap-nasty, ugly, worn out, depressing SWEATPANTS. This nice Armani suit lived in my basement that entire time but I couldn't even conceive of being able to get one fat leg into it.

OMG I DON'T BELIEVE MY SMALL SUIT FITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that, my friends, is today's Non-Scale Victory! I am fixing to go spend $15 to get this suit cleaned and it will be money Very Well Spent!!!!!

DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #48  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

^^^^ What a fabulous NSV! Congratulations!
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:56 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 381/262/199

Height: 5'2"

That is awesome! Congrats on the NSV! :-)
RoxieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:14 PM   #50  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

DCH - that is great and your joy is infections!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:57 PM   #51  
nirvikalpa samadhi

Wow RoxieK, I got your very first post. Thank you!! Welcome to 3FC!! It is an awesome board.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:53 PM   #52  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Instead of having the airlines & the airport dictate my meals last week, I took the bull by its horns:

I packed a 16 oz freezer bag with frozen fruit from Aldi's. You should have seen the jealous stares.

I also made my own trail mix & packed some cereal. WAY better than depending on them to have something healthy for me there & WAY cheaper!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:23 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I bought a couple of pairs of pants, size 18, a few months ago, because they were a ridiculously good price! They didn't fit at the time, and I tried them on a few weeks ago and they still weren't making it around the 'ol hips. This morning, they slipped on and zipped up! I did a happy dance around the house, my son thought I had gone crazy and was laughing with me!! haha
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:50 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

There is a guy that works in a shop next to mine who is very shy. He came over last week to bring me my mail. Before he left he paused and very seriously said "I just want to tell you that you look fabulous!" It was really sweet. I could tell it was very hard for him to say something so personal. A couple of months ago he looked me up and down with a shocked look on his face and then was embarrassed. I got such a kick out of it and hubby did too when I told him.
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:59 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

That's so sweet H8cake!!

My NSV is that I've committed to a YEAR of personal training! OMG! It boggles my mind to think of where I could be a year from now...hopefully though, I'll be looking toned and fabulous!

I'm majorly scared of weights and trainers, so this is a big step. I had my consultation session today and I'm sore, but it's going to be great!! My mom is doing it with me, so it should be some good bonding time too!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:21 PM   #56  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Went to lunch with a friend.
I wanted coffee with hot milk but drank it black, which was also good.

I wanted 'Greek cheese pie' - layers of cheese and filo pastry, it said - but had a baked potato with a little chili con carne and salad, which was very tasty also.

My Companion had a big piece of apple pie after, and kept urging me to the cake trolley.
Not only did I happily say no, I genuinely couldn't see why I'd eat something when I was no longer hungry.

NSV #1 - ate wisely, and discovered I had plenty calories left for a good meal tonight when I got home.
NSV #2 - it feels like some sensible eating thought patterns have become established!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:51 PM   #57  
In the Home Stretch!

S/C/G: See Tracker

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxxy511 View Post
That's so sweet H8cake!!

My NSV is that I've committed to a YEAR of personal training! OMG! It boggles my mind to think of where I could be a year from now...hopefully though, I'll be looking toned and fabulous!

I'm majorly scared of weights and trainers, so this is a big step. I had my consultation session today and I'm sore, but it's going to be great!! My mom is doing it with me, so it should be some good bonding time too!
Emily this is great news!!! Do not be scared of weights you are going to be blown away by the results. I've had a trainer since Feb 1st, it's the best thing I've done for myself in years. Which leads me into my NSV...

I went to TJ Maxx to try on pants today and I fit into a size 10 from The Limited...OMG are you kidding me how is this possible being 177?!?! I so think it's the weigh training. My bodyfat is 19% lower then when I was in the army and I was 165 (give or take 5 lbs) in a size 12/14. Once step away from single digit sizes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm freaking out (in a good way)
daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:58 PM   #58  
nirvikalpa samadhi

I love this thread.

I had another one on Sunday ~ another NSV. I had to bathe my 2 dogs. When I was 370ish lbs, it killed my knees to kneel down on the tile in the bathroom to do that. It almost broke my back in half to lean over the tub to scrub them. It was excruciating. It also took an act of Congress to get me on and off the floor. I'm really strong but I was not strong enough to lift myself up holding onto the bathtub with the floor all slippery from washing dogs that like to shake dry. So, when I was over 300 lbs, dogs only got bathed when it was absolutely necessary, like, they'd rolled in dead stinky things.

Well! Sunday I decided the girls needed baths. So, into the tub they went. I kneeled down. I scrubbed and scrubbed. I LOVED it!! There was no pain! My knees didn't hurt! My back didn't hurt! It was easy to get down to the floor and get back up again! I could have bathed 10 dogs if I'd needed to!

It was AWESOME!!!!
Old 04-15-2009, 05:57 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 220/176.2/150

Height: 5'3"

I went for a walk for the first time in over a month yesterday (after being inspired by coming here and watching part of BL) and I pulled a jacket out of my closet. When I bought it in January, I had to suck in to zip it, and it was a bit tight. Last night, I zipped it easily, and it was a bit baggy!
anmitche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:17 PM   #60  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

I resisted coworkers offering Chickfila And Grandy's at work! It was so much easier when I thought about all of the greasy food and massive amounts of calories
butterflygurl is offline   Reply With Quote