Old 02-25-2009, 04:00 PM   #16  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

I got my first "you're losing weight, arent you?" compliment today, Yippie!!!!! And I hadn't even told that person i was dieting, so I feel great about that!

Breakfast
egg & cheese on toast sandwich

Snack
part of a grapefruit

Lunch
Smart Ones spaghetti & zuchini type meal
yogurt

Snack
10 almonds
maybe part of a grapefruit later

Supper
Dont know, I am in a rut for ideas...I hate that!

Snack
sf jello
maybe 2 yogurts, yum

I was gonna buy some soy protein powder to make low carb biscuits, but it was almost $13 so I'll have to wait. Bummer!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:42 AM   #17  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Nicole: Thanks for the information on Pancake Day --- I have heard it called Maundy Tuesday, etc. but that particular tradition by-passed me, I guess. Very cool on combining a walking workout with grocery shopping --- very green Earth. And great job on leaving all that crappy food at the store! I hear those darn potato chips calling out to me when I shop…..
Beverly: You are staying the course and that is quite a lot to say right now. Kudos to both you and your husband for getting in your exercise today. I bet you are really looking forward to having your son’s family visit --- and I admire the way you can still be positive about the good things in life when various other parts are temporarily heading south.
MJ5: Hope you had a productive and OP day --- you certainly sounded full of energy when you posted! (Either that or you are hiding a massive hangover from Fat Tuesday --- nah! )
Lottie! Good to see you up and around again! It sounds like you did a great job at lunch and that this healthier, improved eating is becoming a habit --- a GOOD habit. Good job!
RedFlame: What the heck happened to your knee? Youch! Post when you can --- it sounds pretty hectic at your end of the Internet (how are you doing on stress levels?) I am not sure what you mean by enough syndrome: “I either feel I am never enough in some areas and then WAY too much in other areas.” I am assuming you mean intellectually/emotionally/personality and not physically? I am intrigued, so if you get the time to post about it, I would be very interested in hearing more.
Mug: YESSSSSSSS! The results of your hard work are being noticed by the people around you and that is a very sweet thing to have happen. Mark this episode on the wall or blog it or whatever you young-ins do to help you remember, so can remind yourself that you ARE getting healthier and stronger and fitter on those days when the scales abuse you (like they are currently abusing RedFlame). Congrats!

So, today was a weird day. Evidently, the last 2 days when I have been sweating like Niagra on the treadmill, I have also been chafing the be-jingles out of my...um...nether regions. I have WELTS! It looks like my hubby and I either really like each other in a moderately kinky way OR he is a nasty piece of work. And you know what? Welts hurt like crazy if you happen to have any hair on them, say, and that hair gets tugged by your undergarments.

WHAT NEXT? LOCUSTS??

B: a drumstick, V8 and 1/2 grapefruit
S: nada
L: a salad with 2 WW toast with laughing cow
S: yogurt with 12 almonds
D: a diet wild cherry pepsi and a SF jello

Keep on keeping on, ladies --- we are flexing our big girl muscles with every good decision we make and those muscles are going to get us out of a lot of tough places, not just being overweight. We may be large, but we are IN CHARGE!

Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:48 AM   #18  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hi everybody!

Yay for Friday tomorrow. This really seems to have been the longest week - there's been lots of dramas at work, and I'm really over it all. I've applied to have Friday of next week off just to have a me day - I think I need it.

Anyway, made it to the gym and had a goodish workout. It's the last session with old trainer tomorrow, so I'm a little bit sad about that. We've got on really well and I hope things go as well with the new trainer.

I got a compliment of sorts today. We were talking about things and one of the girls said to me that she thought I'd done a lot in my life. I was curious and asked how old she thought I was. She told me she thought I was about 28. I'm actually 35, so she's my new best friend!

Beverly, how did DH go with the Job Fair. The medical insurance thing sounds so strange to me - we do things very differently here.

MJ, looking forward to seeing the photos of the new hairstyle!

Lottie, go you with the meal out. That's awesome stuff!

Red, yep completely relate. My self esteem isn't fantastic and it doesn't take much for me to feel that I'm never quite good enough.

Mug, compliments are awesome! Go you!

The menu was:

B - toast with vegemite

S - 2 plums

L - salad roll, muesli bar

S - yoghurt

D - beef stir fry.

Enjoy yourselves!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:43 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks - I've got two jobs today. DH is helping me and we'll use the wheelchair to get in and out. His job fair went well. There was anything that pertained to his skills. He got some ideas for doing his resume. He's very positive about it all. I am hanging in fairly well, considering I am a professional worrier.

Today my family is coming from out of town. It will be wonderful!!!!

Thanks for all your kind thoughts and wishes. It means alot.

I've done my stretches, stregthening exercises, heat and ice. I'll ice and heat one more time before I go. I've done one meditation and will try to get another one in.

My goal is to eat mindfully and slowly and to make good choices. NO standing up and eating. Put the fork down between bites. Leave a small portion on the plate.

Nicolen - sounds like the gym is the perfect way to combat a crazy day at work. Love the compliments.

Numina = I use Gold Bond power is I get a rash from moisture, etc. Don't forget to rehydrate if your sweating alot.

Mug - SO happy to hear about your compliment.

Redflame - darn that scale. Five pounds over night sounds like water. Hang in there.

Lottie - good for you and eating well when out!!

Hi Mj - hope you're have a great day.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 02-26-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:49 AM   #20  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! Just popping in super quick. It is going to be one of those really busy days at work, but checking in here helps me stay 'grounded'!

I need to come up w/ a new reward to be working towards....hmm...better start thinking!

Have a great OP day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:02 AM   #21  
yay! summertime!

Nicole: Everyone should absolutely get "me" days once in a while, or save my sanity days. I hope you come up with something appropriately decadent to do! It is sad that you are losing your current trainer, but the new one will put some novelty back into the workout and give it a zing for a while. And they might be every bit as good as your current trainer!
Beverly: I'm glad that the job fair went well for your husband. I guess it is a (minor) silver lining that he can help you with the wheel chair at the moment. Good for you for sticking to your more relaxed and mindful eating habits through all of this. I hope Friday is good to you.
MJ5: We help you stay grounded? Cool! And I have to agree. I find myself thinking "I'll have to post that I ate that (piece of cake, bag of chips, whatever) tonight" and that helps me decide to not have the offending food. I guess we really are in this together!

I had a very quiet day, no walking but food and water where they should be.
B: 2 WW toast w/laughing cow, a yogurt
L: I ate about double the salad I normally do (which isn't small!) and then had an apple and then some more veggies --- it was like I was binging, but on good food instead of crap
D: the boys ordered pizza and I hid until it was gone --- I had some chicken broth and then some popcorn instead. It wasn't like I was hungry because I had a big lunch, but just that pizza smell made me want more food.

Hey! We made it to Friday again! Another week successfully navigated. Does anyone have any cool plans for the weekend?

Have a great day today!
Old 02-27-2009, 12:46 AM   #22  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hey everyone!

Yay Friday night. I'm really craving a glass of wine at the moment, but I've got none open and I really don't want to open a bottle just for one glass. Who am I kidding - it'd be one glass and then another and so on. So I'm going to make do with a can of diet coke instead. Not quite the same, but probably better for me calorie wise.

I have to tell you all about this wonderful customer I had today. She's 95 next week and still in her own home. Lovely lovely lady and as sharp as a tack. That's what I want to be when I'm 95!

My trainer worked me hard today and I'm going to feel it tomorrow. I can see definite improvements nearly every workout - they're not big improvements, but they're improvements. I'm waiting for the new trainer to get hold of me - old trainer has given him my numbers, but unfortunately the sim card in my mobile has gone strange and I'm getting no calls through. My trainer's going to make sure he's got my home and work numbers though.

Beverly, I love the "professional worrier" bit! I do exactly the same thing as well.

MJ, reward ideas, hmm. I've got on my list a massage, some new perfume and theatre tickets.

Numina, go you for avoiding the pizza!

Everyone else, sending lots of happy thoughts!

The menu today was:

B - toast with vegemite

S - 2 plums

L - leftovers - stirfry from last night

S - yoghurt

D - leftovers - stirfry from last night.

I cooked far too much last night - still, it made cooking tonight easy!

Enjoy yourselves, ladies!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:04 AM   #23  
mj5

Good Morning! Another busy day, but at least it is Friday!!! No big plans for the weekend, but that's ok, I need a break for the super hectic-ness of the week!

Numina--Absolutely!!!! When I start to think 'oh, I don't want to go to the gym....' I remember that I will have to come here and be accountable--it almost always helps turn me around! Great job avoiding the pizza!!!

nicolen--Wow, great job not opening that bottle of wine! Very cool about your customer. Any word from the new trainer yet? I know you will continue to see improvements!

Hi to everyone else!!! Pop in and let us know how you are doing!

Last night I bought some different flavors of gum, just so I would have some variety at work. It really does help when I get that "I want something sweet" kind of feeling.

Ok, I need to get going. Have a great OP day everyone!!!!
Old 02-27-2009, 02:05 PM   #24  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

I didnt make it to the gym at 5 am like I had hoped, but I DID DO 10 MUNITES OF WALKING AT LUNCHTIME. That is good for me cause I never exercise.

Breakfast
egg & cheese sandwigh
yogurt

Snack
10 almonds

Lunch
Subway 6" veggie delight

Snack
10 almonds

Supper
Leftover vegetarian chile
yogurts
sf jello
dont know what else, I probaly will need more calories!!!!

I think im gonna try adding some brown rice to my breakfast scrambled eggs. That way it will give me more calories and since eggs are low carb anyway, I can have the rice. Just an idea......

Have a good weekend Ladies, and be sure to stay on plan, as I hope to do the same!!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:54 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 331 highest 308/see ticker/185

Mug, complex carbs paired with protien is a great idea! that helps burn fat and gives you energy and a more balanced nutrition for your meal
Redflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:32 AM   #26  
yay! summertime!

Hey, Ladies --- this is in the nature of a driveby posting since we are going in about 76 different directions this morning. I was completely back on plan yesterday, getting back up to 60 minutes on the treadmill. Food and water were also on track.

I am doing a little mini-challenge this weekend with NickiRose (and maybe others, who knows?) to simply stay OnProgram over the weekend, since we both have some trouble with that.

So, I will check back tonight and let you know how day 1 went. In the meantime, everyone have a great Saturday! I for one am going to do SOMETHING outside (the weather is pretty decent) and FUN! How about you?

Old 02-28-2009, 10:48 AM   #27  
mj5

Hi everyone! I am getting ready to leave for my main/pedi...I cannot wait to just sit and relax w/ no one bothering me for a change!!!! I am turning my phone off (dh knows where I am, if he absolutely needs to reach me for an emergency) and just relaxing....something I do not do very often! The best part is, I have a gift cert., so I don't even have to pay to be pampered!!!! Next week is my hair appt....so I will be a whole new woman!!! LOL!

Have a great op day!!!!
Old 02-28-2009, 11:08 AM   #28  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Just letting you all know I'm still around. the weather is getting nicer, so I"ve been working on my book, I prefer to write in nice weather, dunno why. anyhow, I've just been really busy with that, working about 8 hours a day on it. whew. hehe.

I went up to 1600 cals cuz I was losing 4 lbs a week on 1500 and now I haven't lost a single lb. so I'm g oing back down. it's frustrating.

also, I'm going skating today.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:18 AM   #29  
mj5

Good morning everyone! Just popping in to say hi! I have been doing ok this weekend, not great, but not terrible either. I have had way, way too much sodium and I am feeling it today, so I want to make sure I get extra water in today. Other than that, no big plans.

Have a great OP day!
Old 03-01-2009, 04:59 PM   #30  
yay! summertime!

Happy Sunday, everyone! I hope you are all having good weekends. I am actually staying on plan thanks to knowing that Meredith and NickiRose will kick my butt in a little mini-challenge thing if I don't. ---- isn't it amazing how we can find ways to make this fun?

Keep it going!