Old 02-05-2009, 08:42 AM   #16  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

My main reason is vanity....I want to look good! I'm in love with the mirror now so I can only imagine how I'll be once I hit goal

My other reasons:
~I wanted to play with my kids & not feel like about to die when we are running around the yard
~I want to live a healthy and hopefully long life....I've had great physicals but didn't want to keep tossing the coin with my weight.
~To feel like myself again. I'm normally one of those bubbly annoyingly positive people that can talk to anyone with no problem lol....at my highest weight I got so depressed and I just felt like my world was getting so much smaller. Almost like I was stuck in a box
~last but not least....to make my DH drool again! He's very lucky to be married to me
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:50 AM   #17  
One pound at a time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
I lost the first 30 pounds because I promised my Mom on her deathbed that I wouldn't repeat her mistake by living my life full of fat regrets.
I love this quote! For me, it was for health but there is definately vanity as well. I was beginning not to recoginze myself, and I was becoming a person that I despised. I was afraid to go to public functions because of how I looked, I was afraid to do any kind of activities because of how I looked.

Now, I am starting to love my body and enjoy life. Clothes shopping is fun (addictive as well) and I love being physically active and not constrained by my size.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:38 AM   #18  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

I have been thin and I have been fat. But this time loosing weight is merely a byproduct to my actual goal:

I want to be fit!!! Athletic, toned.. I want to be buff!
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:48 AM   #19  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I want to be an active, healthy person who has a long active life.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:55 AM   #20  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

I want to be free from the fat that imprisons me.
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #21  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

My number one reason this time is for me. My daughter is RIGHT behind that reason. I have to do this for me so I maintain it, my daughter is just another piece of the commitment puzzle. I want to have a happy active summer THIS year, and I want a happy active life for the rest of my life.

I deserve more from me, everyone I love also deserves more.

Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:00 AM   #22  

Height: 5'9"

I want to LOOK better, yes I'm that vain
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:14 AM   #23  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

Origionally it was because I was extremely uncomfortable at my high weight and didn't want it to get worse so I decided the fat had to go. Then I got comfortable at about 170 so I maintained for a while even though I wasn't quite at goal. About 2 months ago I figured if I feel good now how will I feel/AND LOOK at goal! So now I guess I would say my motivation is driven by more vain reasons but it's a challenge I can't pass up!
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #24  
~FaBulOuS~

S/C/G: 195/159/155

Height: 5'8

to look hot in a bikini!
meldogml84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:26 AM   #25  
In the Home Stretch!

S/C/G: See Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToFly View Post
I was sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Short and sweet but it speaks volumes!

I am losing weight because I was sick of saying I want to do X, Y, & Z. I LOVE feeling strong, successful, happy, energetic, etc. All this hard work is SO much better then sitting on the couch feeling sorry for myself wishing I could do something about it. I'm looking forward to reaching my goal but I am also enjoying every step the journey to get there!
daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:39 AM   #26  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I was severely depressed for years and just didn't care. Finally, finally I'm over the depression and, since I finally feel good, I want to look good too. I deserve to look as good as I feel!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:46 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Number one: I'm scared of diabetes. Mom and dad have it, two sisters had gestational diabetes.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:02 AM   #28  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

My real dad lost both his legs and went blind before hid kidneys gave out and he died last year.

I never knew him, but this was a serious warning to me and a major moivator. I too had the racing heart issue that another poster mentioned. I hated it, I feel better already.

Then of course, I want to fit into my litte red shirt
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:11 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

To not be crippled and in a wheelchair. No joke. At 37 years old I could not even walk across the street to get the mail. My ortho surgeon told me I would be unable to walk at all in very short order because I had severe knee problems and needed total knee replacements. He said I could put that off by losing weight. He was right. I can walk now. I still have to get more pounds off or I'd say I will still be completely crippled within 4-5 years. Not gonna work with 5 children, so off the weight must come.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:13 AM   #30  
forgetting the past

Height: 5'3

Oh my goodness, I have so many.

I think my number one would be, just to feel good about myself and look good.
My whole life I was always overweight, so I never knew what it was like to wear a bikini and have a good time at the beach.

My second reason would be my health, both of my parents have diabeties and I dont want to be like that. I always loved sports, but I was never able to function playing them because of my weight.
xchampagnedream is offline   Reply With Quote