Old 11-13-2008, 12:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 287.8/????/180

Height: 5' 7.5"

Angry ------> Insert Foot Here <------

OK, I am an epic FAIL... I started back on LA Weightloss last December w/o a center to go to and I did pretty well for the 1st 2 months on my own and with support from 3fc, then my diet when down the toilet. I don't know if anyone else gets this way, but this is what happens to me: I do so well at my diet and I start to feel really good, so I think "well, I can eat a little of this amazing triple chocolate devils food lava cake/extra cheese pizza/[insert food vice here]... and then every day gets worse, but I still feel good so I think it's no big deal. After a few weeks I start to feel slightly guilty for eating what I'm eating, but not enough to get back on track. Then a few weeks more of eating badly and I care, but I don't... kinda like, well, I've blown it a little, why not just let down all my barriers and go for what I REALLY want to eat. Well, yeah, that's what happened AGAIN. I'm pretty sure I've gained 15 lbs at least, and I've used the excuse that my digital scale is out of batteries to not weigh myself. Blargh!!!! So yeah, I need a swift kick in the butt, and to get whipped back on plan and into shape again. I'm going to go buy a scale today... one without batteries so I will never have an excuse again... and I'm gonna start walking again, or exercising, or something.. I don't know. *Sigh* EPIC FAIL. Any advice?

McKinzie
marauderpig25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

You can get through this!!
Maybe find rewards that aren't food related?
Or, if you are, don't deprive yourself from those "treats." Just eat them in moderation.

On a side note... you're buying a whole new scale instead of batteries?!?!

Last edited by raw23; 11-13-2008 at 12:26 PM.
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I am sure many members can relate to your experience, I sure can.I have started and restarted many times. You can start over, you know you can do it. Forget the past and get back on track, you can do it!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:27 PM   #4  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Good for you... take the first step... get back on the scale. Then you can deal with the damage control.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Oh yeah, and you're NOT a fail. Just human.
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

It sounds like you might be picking a diet plan that you can't stick to long term, which is going to cause you to fail over and over again.

Maybe look into some other ways to eat - ways that are more about lifestyle changes than a diet plan?

It'll just take finding the right thing for you ... which can be the worst part of the process. But eventually you will!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Nope, not a fail, just like everyone else here..human

Its a journey, not a 5k. Its about a lifetime of choices. Time to make some better ones and restart. It's not falling down that matters, it's getting back up and continue to truck on
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:45 PM   #8  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hang in there. I know I have done the same as you many many times. You have to find a plan that works for you. I joined LA weightloss a few years back and I just couldn't stick with it. I found it just too strict to stick to for the rest of my life. I've also tried weight watchers, it works but I found the pointing too much of a bother. Now I know both these plans have thousands of people who have had success with them. Why couldn't I? Who knows. All I know is I have found exercising and watching my portions/food choices is working the best out of anything I have ever tried. I still splurge once and awhile but I find that eating healthy nutritious food 75-80% of the time gives me a few calories to "slip" up with. Exercise is also the key.
I guess my point is that you should keep trying until you find something that works for you. Don't give up!
We all deserve a long healthy positive life. We can do it!!
And P.S. - YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE!
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 248/240/167

Height: 5'6

Been there, done that! Lots of times.

Just start over again. Don't give up, but make sure that this is a diet that is going to work for you. What I did give up on was diets altogether. I just could not count calories, etc. I read the Intuitive Eating and The Good mood Diet books. I have messed up by binging, but I am feeling better about changing my eating habits, my body, and emotions. These books have changed the way I look at dieting. Some people can go on Weight Watchers etc. and be highly successful. I have tried everything except surgery and no success. Through this site and the 3FC blogs, I learned about intuitive eating.
aliciag57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:09 PM   #10  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Been there!!!!

I agree with what Photochick and Gum said about needing to find a plan that works for you. Also I find the ticker and dailyplate weight tracker to be motivating tools so far. Another big motivator for me was taking a before picture - the side view really "inspires" me to keep going.

I'm only about a month in to my new eating plan and a week into joining 3chicks but so far those things help.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

You described my pattern precisely. The only part missing is that on these strict diets, once I become successful I try to get even stricter...talk about setting myself up!

This time I'm doing it differently...much slower (also by plan) and with no forbidden foods. That eliminates the feeling that I need to cheat. There's no cheating.

Get back on the horse. Most of us have to try and try and try until we find what works. The hardest thing is committing...you are here...you can do it.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:44 AM   #12  
Living4him

McKenzie, You are making a good start by coming here and asking for help. Get that scale just so you can be in control again.

Huggers
Peggy
Old 11-14-2008, 09:04 AM   #13  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

pfff! i refuse to categorize someone as a failure because of food choices! i hate that word!! failures in life, to me, are those who treat others poorly, people who abandon/hurt children, etc. EATING is no reason for bad feelings, I've never understood the correlation between the two to be honest - people who think they're 'bad' because they're bad -- i've made BAD choice sure, but there's no way we're bad or losers or failures

**ranting complete***

so that being said, you've MADE the first step - admitted it all to us. I love coming on here, bending over slighting, and asking for the butt kicking to commence! it helps tremendously!!!

I agree with some posts already, that maybe L.A. just isn't the thing for you. We'll kiss a lot of 'frog' plans before we find the prince Just don't give up. Every meal, every snack, every walk, is a chance to start again
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Good for you to admit it. What you take responsibility for can't haunt you. Thank goodness it's just 15! Last time I realized this it had been twenty!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trazey34 View Post
pfff! i refuse to categorize someone as a failure because of food choices! i hate that word!! failures in life, to me, are those who treat others poorly, people who abandon/hurt children, etc. EATING is no reason for bad feelings, I've never understood the correlation between the two to be honest - people who think they're 'bad' because they're bad -- i've made BAD choice sure, but there's no way we're bad or losers or failures

**ranting complete***

so that being said, you've MADE the first step - admitted it all to us. I love coming on here, bending over slighting, and asking for the butt kicking to commence! it helps tremendously!!!

I agree with some posts already, that maybe L.A. just isn't the thing for you. We'll kiss a lot of 'frog' plans before we find the prince Just don't give up. Every meal, every snack, every walk, is a chance to start again

I have many-uh-prince. Water, my food journal, my scale, and daily exercise are what I have found that works for me. If I see something divine, I have a small bit of it but then move on. I am far too immature to deny myself categories of food. It just makes me want them all the more. Before this I had done Atkins, a liquid diet, not eating, you name it.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote