Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 10:39 PM   #16  
A princess in the making!

Talking There must be something in the AIR!!

Hello Everyone!

Tonight on the way home this lady I know. Made a comment to me. Oh I have to start doing WW, I can't let you get skinnier than me. NOW WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!! Now I think I am smaller, not that it matters. But let's shoot someone who is working so hard for the past 9 days!!!

I have been OP for 9 days. And I can not wait to pass to the double digets. Since when have we wanted to say that one.

BethAnne: Don't even worry your pretty head about those women. They are so lacking self-esteem, it is pouring out of them. They just want to be noticed. And to come in a group.....you know they were up to something.

Tomorrow I am off in the afternoon. I am going to the ball game with my mom. So I have some banked points. But you know I may just stop at Subway and take that in with me. I am not in a beer and brat mood.

Okay I have a date Friday night. SCARY!!! and a blind one at that. EVEN MORE SCARY!!!

I am looking forward to Weigh in again. I just want to see the first 10 go and then I will feel better.

What sucks was I tried on shorts I could wear last summer. And I cannot even get those Darn things shut. I am hoping to by July 1.

Jen- Don't let that woman get to you. Stand your ground. You will be okay!!

Okay ladies---This should shock you!
I do not like Choclate ice cream, fudge or hot fudge!

Good things for the day!!
[list=a][*]I stayed OP day 9[*]I drank water[*]I had what I wanted for lunch-Cousins[*]Walked to the store[*]Did not mindlessly eat[*]THREW AWAY A BROWNIE~ that was left on my desk. 5 POINTS FOR the Brownie---- I THINK NOT![/list=a]

Have a great Wed.

P

Old 04-17-2002, 09:23 AM   #17  

Happy Hump Day everyone. It's gonna hit about 95 here in NY today, record breaker. And am already miserable. I am not alone in it..almost every Nw Yorker I know dreads these NY summer days, and it's only April. The humidity is disgusting, there is no air. Why we live here is beyond me. lol

But on a good note, I've walked 10 miles so far this week and it's only Wednesday. Because of the weather and my lack of wanting a heart attack, I will be walking indoors at work today and I may not walk tonight, all depending on the air. But I feel good and determined, I hope all this exercise makes a difference. I need a loss..even if it's just a small one. lol

THANK YOU to everyone who complimented me on my picture. You all made me blush..lol I want to update the picture as soon as I can. It's not current current, but the same weight I think. And thank you to JacobsMommy for helping me with the pic.

I am staying far far far away from DQ. I am an addict of chocolate, and I just can't have 1. As soon as I have something, I will crave it for a long time. At least for now, am not indulging in it. I have to find something that is low cal, low fat, low carb but tastes like ice cream for this summer..lol THink it's possible?

Hope everyone is doing well and smiling...can you believe that it's already the 17th of April???
Old 04-17-2002, 09:52 AM   #18  
Losin It For GOOD!

Good Things List:
1. I LOST 6.2 LBS!!! I got my 5 lb gold star!!! HOORAYYYYY!!!
2. I ate OP all day yesterday, AND Got a gallon of water down.
3. Novacaine
4. Percocet (you'll understand these two when you read below!)
5. Supportive friends/husband
6. I got an email from my sister in Italy!!!

Well its a GORGEOUS day here in NE Supposed to be up to 90. I don't mind the heat, except for the fact that I haven't gotten the hard top off the Jeep yet... I'm wishing I had the soft top on so I could be cruisin with the top down!!! Oh well, it'll be off in a little more than a week.

I'll start with the bad news... I had to have "surgery" on my toes for ingrown toenails.. man did that ever hurt!!! And they are very sensitive right now, so I couldn't go to the gym today (he also didn't want me showering there to avoid infection.) Hopefully they won't hurt as much tomorrow so I can go back to the gym and walk. Its amazing how much you need your toes in daily life... especially the big toes!! I had to wear flip flops to work today because everything else was too tight and hurt too much. But hopefully this will solve my problem. We'll see.

And for the good news... I lost 6.2 lbs this week!!! I just about had a heart attack last night, I couldn't believe it! I knew I'd lost, but never ever expected that much. So, that was some MUCH needed encouragement that has just motivated me even more!! yay!

We're going out to lunch today, but I'm determined to just have a salad, and take my bag with me so I have my salad dressing. I CAN DO THIS.

I also took all my measurements last night too, and man was I psyched!! I have lost inches EVERYWHERE except my thighs and calves.

Hope you guys are all having a fabulous day!!!

Last edited by BA99TJ; 04-17-2002 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-17-2002, 11:45 AM   #19  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Yowch Beth Anne, hope those toes get to feeling better soon :-) Not much to tell on my end, haven't been keeping up too well with this thread, dunno why, just been spacing it off...lol, luckily, I have been keeping up with my workouts and such... not good on water though, fixing up on that today :-) well, my knee is sore again, but not bad this time, need to get some mineral ice on it and wrap it so I can be ok working out tonight
Old 04-17-2002, 03:32 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 320/210/180

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

hello all,

I lost another 1.5 pounds this week. I feel great except for the cold and cough I have. I can't take anything for it because of breast feeding. The doctor gave me a few things to try and they don't seem to be helping. Oh well this to shall pass.
And of course my little one has her first cold also. Not much more to report. I don't know what else is going on but everything seems to be going good. Talk to you later I have to go baby is crying.
Old 04-17-2002, 06:17 PM   #21  

Beth Anne when I read what you wrote about those 3 women at WW I felt like I should tell you about my "friend". I work on an assembly line. A girl who works 3 stations ahead of me is a size 3. She pulls her shirt tail up constantly, rubs her stomach (must be the flea thing) and talks about how fat she is. She takes OTC diet pills with ephederine in them about 3 times a day at work. She works the rest of us to death because the pills make her very hyper. I told her that the only thing wrong with her was that she needed her head examined. People like this just kill me.
On the bright side she does do my station the 25 times a day I have to go to the bathroom.

Good things today:
128 oz of water so far
passed up angel food cake and sweetened strawberries
my daughter called me from North Carolina
my tatoo is looking good and healing well
I stayed on plan

It's hot here too. Got up to 89 yesterday which was a record. It's supposed to rain for the next few days. April showers bring May flowers so rains OK.

Carol
Old 04-17-2002, 11:11 PM   #22  

Default Just a quick one

I am OP for day 10. I do owe the bank 5 but I can make that up in the next 2 days!
Old 04-18-2002, 11:30 AM   #23  
Losin It For GOOD!

Ya know, I really don't think I would make it if it weren't for these boards and you guys. Sometimes I just feel like giving up, or pigging out.. and I just think about the things you've taught me... and some how I get past it and move on. Thanks for your encouragement, support, and collective shoulders to lean on, you have NO idea how much you all mean to me, I would love to be able to meet each and every one of you someday... Hopefully that can become a reality sometime!!!!! Maybe we can all hook up for a group vacation somewhere or something. That way if we don't like each other we could escape if need be

So, I'm going on my 4th day OP (I was doing REALLY good until sunday!!!) And planning to try to drink more water today. I just squeaked in yesterday by the skin of my teeth as far as points go. I'm really glad because I bought the Journal Diary from W.W. and its really nice to have everything collected in one place, plus whenever I need a big proud smile, I can look at the weight graphs and measurements charts in the front. Also not doing so great on the exercise front, although I'm pretty sure my feet will be up for the gym tomorrow. I was planning to go today but DH turned off the alarm, and never woke back up, so we slept until 7. Whoops!! Oh well, I guess we needed the rest. I was up for about 45 minutes last night at 2am because we had a heck of a rain/thunderstorm. So thankfully, its cooler today.

I'm playing/singing in our church talent show on Saturday and I'm starting to get nervous. My in-laws might be coming, so we'll see how that goes. I'm bummed because I really wanted my brother to come, but his band is playing that night too. oh well.

Hope you girlies all have a great day!
Old 04-18-2002, 01:18 PM   #24  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Well today will be my 4th day OP. That's quite the record for me, but I am determined to get that 10% keychain!!!! I have been staying within my points, chugging the water and moving my butt!!! Last night I had Baskin Robbins...only 4 points for a scoop. Sooooo good!!! That's what I like so much about WW is that I can really have what I want as long as point it out. It makes me really feel like I could do this for life. I am really getting a handle on portion sizes, we were having spaghetti the other night and it's 9 points for 1 cup of spaghetti and 1/2 cup of sauce. That didn't seem like it would ever be enough. I was just going to have however much I wanted and not worry about it. But then I decided that I HAVE to do this thing, and I ate that and some Garlic bread and I was fine. Turns out it was more than enough. I am getting used to eating less and sweating more!!

BethAnne - So sorry to hear about your Tootsies...I had something similiar done, but just one toe. It REALLY hurt. Hope you are back on your feet soon. I know I said this in my other post, but I am really proud of you!!! 6.2 lbs!! That just shows how hard you are working!!! Keep it up!!

Pryia - 10 days OP - wow - you are doing soooo awesome!! Keep it up!!! Are you getting excited about your date??? How fun!!! And no, I CANNOT believe that you do not like chocolate. For me there is just nothing better!! Well maybe there is one thing!!

Carol - I'm so glad that you found a plan that is working for you. Like me & WW, it's a fit. Sounds like Low carb is awesome for you. There are great low carb chocolate bars are Walgreens. Can't think of the name, but I can find out for you if you want. They really taste like real chocolate!!

Tamara - CONGRATS on the 1.5 lb loss. Keep it up girlfriend!! Sorry to hear you are sick...feel better soon.

PNG - You are doing so great with your workouts!! It makes such a difference in how you feel. For me I feel so much better mentally when I workout hard.

Jennifer - I am so proud of how much you have been walking...and in that heat!!! WAY TO GO!!! Keep it up girlfriend!!!

Sherry - I know what you mean about the pictures, I usually don't like the ones taken of me very much. DH says his mom has a nice one of me on her digital camera, so I am going to see if I can get a copy of that.

Jen - How is WW going??

Sue - Checked out FlyLady after we talked on Friday...very interesting. Do you actually do the shoe thing?

Well that's my book!!!
Hope everyone is having a great day!!
Old 04-18-2002, 01:37 PM   #25  

Short and Sweet reply (my jobs stinks today)

You all are awseome. Had a rough night last night, but feel much better today, already walked 2.5 miles, already drank my minimum amount of water and am chowing down on my completely OP lunch. So, it's a good day.

Have a great one..

oh yeah, Pryia gave me a good idea..

If you have Yahoo Instant Messenger, my id is ny_diva_chick. I'd love to chat..

Last edited by Jenniffer; 04-18-2002 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-18-2002, 03:49 PM   #26  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

hi all, very quick post, baby starting to fuss.

ww is going well, i'm certain i have lost a couple of pounds already according to my scale which is 10 lbs lighter than the ww scale but i'm sure should be able to at least tell me that i have lost.

according to my ww leader dairy queen does make a low fat something er other. i don't go to dq very often but there is something you can get that is low fat, only 1 or 2 ww points. it is one of the ice creams on a stick. i will remember to ask next time. i hope it is not something that is only available in canada or you guys will shoot me

take care.
Old 04-18-2002, 04:52 PM   #27  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

no, it's the fudgebar. Only 1 point and pretty well sized. Yummy!!!

Can't wait to see how you do week 1!!
Old 04-18-2002, 04:58 PM   #28  

DQ orange bar is one point too. Like a dreamscile.
Old 04-18-2002, 07:00 PM   #29  

Hello everybody,

Things here are going well. I had that giant b-day week (and a half!). But, I'm back on my plan. I'm not in WW, but, I count calories and fat grams, journal on fitday, drink the water (not quite enough yet), and I, too, allow myself to eat anything I want within my limits. I think that is one of my greatest 'tricks'.

Today, I had 1pc dry whole wheat toast and coffee for b-fast, just a cup of vanilla soy milk for lunch (still trying to make up for last week), and for dinner, a large salad w/ 2 tbs regular Italian dressing, and eggplant parm. Yummy. I'll have oranges for snack tonight...maybe popcorn for a treat...

Everyone sounds like you're doing a great job. I get so much encouragement and good feelings from reading all your posts. I really love this place--100 lb Club. Thanks for welcoming me in.

I have one of those 'you're fatter than me' stories. I had friends visiting my apt one evening. They both have quite a few lbs to lose, also. Well, I told her I really liked her outfit. She said I could borrow it as soon as it fits...well, her husband said, "What does she have to do?...gain some weight?" I'll love him forever for that. She used to be skinny when they met. She wears AT LEAST a 3X now and doesn't carry it too well. I've tried to get her motivated, but, like most of us, she has lost 30 then gained 40 etc., over and over. But, that little remark was just uncalled for!

BA, what instrument do you play, piano? Do you accompany yourself? Wow, a talented member of our club! And what kind of band does your bro play in? Congratulations on over 6 lbs in a week...wahoo...YGG!!

I don't have time to address everyone individually, but I want you to know that I'm keeping up and pulling for everyone, and celebrating all our successes.

good list:
1. stayed on plan for4 days
2. took a lady from my senior center shopping.
3. made supper last night for my mom and me
4. have faithfully updated fitday since Jan. 1

See you soon,

Love, Gayle

PS. Thanks for the ideas from DQ. I'll know what to order when I treat myself.

Last edited by velvet; 04-18-2002 at 07:04 PM.
Old 04-18-2002, 10:39 PM   #30  
Losin It For GOOD!

Well you opened a can of worms velvet
I can currently sing
Play Piano
Play Guitar
Play saxophone
Play shaker egg

I am on the worship team at our church (singing and playing guitar) and also write music too.
Closed Thread