Old 10-02-2008, 12:51 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 248/240/167

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateRN View Post
i love that they were so realistic with their weight loss across the board this time!!! they went a while without trainers, went to the gym a couple times and on some walks, didnt eat *great* but certainly not hardcore like they would at the ranch and they all lost weight, but they lost how much i would have lost.

i *love* the yellow girl, i think she is going to be great!! i'm not a big fan of the orange team's husband. i think he has a bad attitude!!
I agree with you on the realistic weight loss. Their losses were normal.
The orange team hubby bugs me, too. I am rooting for the yellow girl. I felt so bad for her dad. I think he gained weight because of the edema in his legs.
aliciag57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 02:49 PM   #47  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Alicia you read my mind. The dad had severe pitting edema in his legs. I am positive that's what the gain was from.
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:19 PM   #48  
dude! sweet!!

S/C/G: 237/237/125

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
I love the show, but HATE all the commercials! Definitely a show to Tivo/Record.

Too bad we are all watching our weight, this would be a GREAT show for a drinking game - Jillian making someone cry, obvious product placement, etc.
OMG - Glory, you noticed those things too? My husband thinks I'm nuts cuz I point out the obvious marketing strategies and the "set ups" with Jillian.

But I love the show and I DVR'd Tuesday but haven't watched it yet so I won't be looking around the last few pages of this thread. I don't want to spoil it.

Last season was the first full season that I watched. I just didn't feel attached to the other people in previous years. Hopefully this year we'll get that "character development" and get to know all the players.
acrimony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:31 PM   #49  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

AHHH I haven't seen it yet! PLEASE post a spoiler warning in your post if you're revealing juicy tidbits from the show.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:49 PM   #50  

Quick question -- the yellow team woman talked about the last chance workouts, that she couldn't even explain what the process, the experience was like. So I'm curious -- what is it like? How long does it last? Do they just go from treadmill to those full body workouts back to treadmill or bike?

Thanks,

Barb
Keillynsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:21 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 248/240/167

I am assuming that the last chance workouts are the ones that take place right up until the contestants weigh-in. This last show, they had to work out all day because they had not worked out very much at the Grand Canyon.
aliciag57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:03 PM   #52  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keillynsmom View Post
Quick question -- the yellow team woman talked about the last chance workouts, that she couldn't even explain what the process, the experience was like. So I'm curious -- what is it like? How long does it last? Do they just go from treadmill to those full body workouts back to treadmill or bike?

Thanks,

Barb
It was explained a few seasons ago, but I'm sure it varies. I remember at the point it was explained, they basically ate breakfast at 7, hit the gym, are lunch at noon, hit the gym. So about 8-10 hours of working out, then a weigh in. Doesn't sound like fun.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:01 PM   #53  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I've always kind of wondered how much weight training they actually do in a Last Chance workout. Logic would dictate that they do very little resistance training as it makes the body retain water to repair the muscles worked. To see the biggest loss on the scale they should be doing monster cardio to sweat out all the water weight.

Also - all of jillian's workouts I've done are split out by front day and back day, with a rest day in between. She always recommends giving the muscles worked 2 days off after to recover. The show makes it look like they do tons of weight training - but if it's more like Jillian's workouts in her books...it's a lot more cardio to burn tons of calories.

Just thinking out loud.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:15 PM   #54  
Bikini Season :)

i'm in such suspense from yesterday!!!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:55 AM   #55  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Was it on Tuesday? I didn't see it, I thought the presidential debate postponed it? The last episode I saw was when the yellow team Dad went home. I must be weird, cuz I really wished it would have been the yellow daughter who left. I don't like her, she seems like a phony to me! She says one thing, (all gooey and sweet), but her dirty looks can kill!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:17 PM   #56  
Bikini Season :)

out here it was on after the debates - but only the 1st hour of it and the 2nd hour was supposed to air last night but i wasnt able to watch it.
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote