Old 09-15-2008, 09:22 PM   #16  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone! Silly me to start this thread, read all of your advice, and completely forget to thank you all and/or give any kind of update on my health! D'oh! Hehe. I really do appreciate all the advice everyone gave me--otherwise I probably would have put off going to the doctor, which surely would have been a bad idea. I probably would have gone to the doctor after reading all the posts on here, but unfortunately I didn't get the chance because I got the worst of it sooner than I was expecting. On Wednesday I had told my mom I wasn't feeling well, and we were planning to go to the doctor the next day. BUT at my belly dance class on Wednesday (I wasn't sure about going, but I had missed the last class because of my vacation, and I felt ok at the time) I started feeling really weak and was pouring down sweat (it's not that intense! ha), so I figured something must be wrong... We had a short "break" after 45 mins and I went up to my mom and was like "...We need to go now" and starting crying out of nowhere, just because I felt so awful. I think I was a little hysterical/delirious, heh. My aunt, who is a nurse and is also in the class, felt my forehead and said that I felt really warm, but the rest of my body was really cold and clammy. We left right then and picked up a thermometer on the way home, and it turned out I had a fever of about 101! Yikes! It might even have been higher before that, since it was already breaking by the time we got the thermometer (hence the horrible sweating). Basically, I had a pretty bad case of the flu... Wednesday night was the worst, but I started steadily feeling better after that; now I feel like I'm at almost 100% health. Or at least I feel well enough to get back onto the computer (yesterday was my first time posting anywhere for almost a week, as JulieJ08 noticed!), so that tells me I must be feeling better, hehe.

Thanks again to everyone for your concerns/very solid advice. I have definitely learned my lesson, and in the future I don't think I'll wait so long to get checked out. Plus I'm glad that we now actually have a thermometer so I'll know sooner whether I have a fever. But I'm just glad to be feeling better now!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:42 PM   #17  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Sorry to hear that you were actually ill, but thank goodness it was just the flu!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:25 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Meredith,

Welcome back! Glad you are feeling better.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote