Old 09-10-2008, 07:58 AM   #16  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends! Happy Wednesday.

MJ - How's that knee? Sorry to hear that it's paining you again.
Ginger - How are you feeling today? I hope you heal quickly.
Lynn - I'll be praying for good results for you. And, I agree...staying on-plan while sick is difficult. I have always used food for comfort, but that has led to my current obesity.
Nori - Love seeing you here and would love to have you posting with us!

Well, I made it through on-plan day 2 yesterday. I was headachey yesterday afternoon. I'm not sure if it was sinuses, work stress or sugar withdrawal. I'm also not getting enough rest. So, I'll be adding earlier bedtimes to my agenda!

Schmoodle - I must confess...I couldn't make myself do a "pure" phase 1. Oy Vey, I hate phase 1! So, I'm doing a 1 1/2. I'm still feeling a bit of the SB "flu" so I must be de-toxing in some fashion.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #17  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I am SO having a bad hair day today! LOL! Obviously there are much worse things, but it's really bugging me! Oops, gotta run, I'll be back soon!
Lyn--Hope you continue to feel better! Fingers crossed that your results come back good! I also hope the stuff w/ husband works out for the best, good for you for getting right back op!!!

Ginger--No problem! I know you feel icky, but I didn't want you to miss the deadline. That stinks that you were given the wrong med, but hopefully now that you have the right one you will start feeling better soon!

Nori--So glad you could help Ginger! Welcome!!! I would love to have you posting here too!

Rhonda--Yea for making it through day two! My knee hurts...wine, wine...can't wait for Friday, but I'll live 'till then!

Beverlyjoy and Schmoodle--Hi!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:20 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi everyone....been so busy...sorry I didn't get to the personals. Yesterday was a food disaster. I ate alot. I know it was related to feelings and frustration. I wasn't willing to work thru the feelings and use my tools. But, today I am planning for a healthy day.

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, pnb toast, 1/2 banana
lunch - turkey and lite cheese sandwich open face, rattatoulle and parm.
snack - cottage cheese and fruit
dinner - veggie burger with cheese, green beans and mushrooms
snack - oatmeal, almond butter, 1/2 banana, milk

I'll be back...I have to call the dentist. I discovered that I've somehow chipped my front tooth!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:43 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks, Happy Humpday!
I have been mostly on-plan but a little rocky the last few days, bending things here and there. Work stress and TOM mostly. I know I'm not going to see a loss this week due to TOM, so I seem to be using that as an excuse to overindulge. I had made 2 lbs. of teriyaki roasted peanuts over the weekend and I have been nipping at those too much, going over my daily nut allotment, so I ended up putting the rest in the trash last night. I REALLY didn't want to - I hate wasting good food, but I had burned them a little, so that helped.
Yesterday was just a long day. I got up at 5AM to get some work in before the kids got up, then had a very stressful work day, forgot DD's piano lesson, had to spend 2 hours at DS's Back to School Night, come home and deal with the homework they didn't finish while I was out. Then DD1 called and asked if I could leave the door open for her when I went to bed because she didn't have her key. This is not the first time we have been around over this, and she has woken me up late at night to let her in more than once. So I told her to be home before I went to bed, or find another place to spend the night. I guess she ended up staying at her boyfriend's. I am alone in this house with kids and I'm not sleeping with the house open because she can't be bothered to carry her key! I think having almost-grown-up kids is harder than having young ones.
We all have a cold too, today DS is home with it.
What a whiny, waa-waa post! Okay, here's some positive, the sun is coming out, and today should be calm, and I did end up getting a good night's sleep last night.
And today I will stay on this plan:
B: hot Ezekiel cereal, coffee with milk
S: hard boiled egg, tomato juice
L: chicken salad over sliced tomato, apple
S: skim latte,
D: refried bean soup, green salad with dried apricots and goat cheese
S: yogurt with sliced pears
No Nuts!!!

Rhonda, you know yourself, you have to do what works for you! I get that headache too. Hope your "flu" is better today.
Hi Nori! Nice to "meet" you. Welcome to the accountability thread.
Lyn and Ginger, hope you are both feeling all better soon.
Hi BeverlyJoy and mj!
ETA: Sorry chicks, we were simulposting
mj, every day is a bad hair day for me LOL! I never know what to do with it. I often wish I could just go bald.
Beverlyjoy, i'm sorry about your bad day. I know you'll recover from it though, and today will be good.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 09-10-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:41 PM   #20  
mj5

Hi again! Today is totally dragging.....One fun thing, though, one of my friends is getting married in May and she gave us the info to reserve our hotel room. Everything is at the hotel AND it is pet friendly, so we are all taking our dogs (including the bride and groom). I SO can't wait!!! Major incentive to stay focused and on plan--shopping for a HOT dress to wear to the wedding....after seeing pics of myself from weddings this summer, yea, there WILL be an improvement next year!

Beverlyjoy--Fresh day, fresh start! Oh no....did you get into the dentist!

Schmoodle--Whine away (although I don't think you were whiny at all!), you have certainly listened to me enough!!! Bald, hmm, that would be a brave look. I have actually sat in my hair stylists chair and told him to shave it all off....luckily he know I was totally kidding! I am waaaaayyyy overdue for a hair appt, but dh and I both need to get eye exams and glasses and I need more contacts--I want to see how much that is going to cost before I make a hair appt. I can always pull my hair back!

I am going to the gym, then take the dogs for a walk...it worked yesterday--the dogs slept until the alarm went off this am!
Old 09-10-2008, 04:36 PM   #21  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
I couldn't make myself do a "pure" phase 1. Oy Vey, I hate phase 1! So, I'm doing a 1 1/2. I'm still feeling a bit of the SB "flu" so I must be de-toxing in some fashion.
I know nothing about SB except that the wraps are wonderful! What is phase 1?

I'm in a good place right now. Getting used to that kinda *hungry* feeling. I don't let myself get shaky or ravenous - but I needed to get out of that place where I was kinda grazing (even if healthy foods) and never experiencing hunger at all.

I have resisted setting any *time-frame* goals for the past few months, but I've set one now. I don't know how realistic it is to think I can loose a smidgen over 2 pounds each week until Christmas. But I'm going to try!!!

I have an exam for a new life ins policy next week and I'm kinda bummed that I'll be stuck with higher rates just because of my weight. Oh well...it's just term, so I will quit this one and get a better rate once I get to a healthy weight next year.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:49 PM   #22  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Ok, so I just figured out that I'd have to stick to 1200-1300 cal per day to reach that. I honestly don't think I can do that. But I'm going to see how close I can get...to Onderland!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:17 PM   #23  
mj5

Nori--Yikes, glad to hear you re-thought your goal once you figured out the cals/day.

I went to the gym right after work and did my planned workout. My arms are going to be SO sore tomorrow!!!

I really need to finish our grocery list...but I'm just not in the mood...I am going to check out the farmers market during my break at work, so I will try to get as much as I can from there first.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:47 AM   #24  

Hi Chicks! Yesterday was not a good food day. Ut oh...two days in a row. I know it was a reaction to stress and my pieces and parts hurting alot. I am feeling better today and feel optimistic. Also...it was the first time in almost a year that I saw a gain on the scale - one pound - but, it sent me into a tail spin. Kinda crazy, really - to have that reaction. But,I will plan for a good healthy day.

Today - I am taking my mom to get some xrays - then she wants to go to Wendy's. I'll get a small chili - sounds good on a fall day.

This afternoon I got to the dentist to get my chipped tooth fixed - seems like there's always something goin' on.

I saw an orthopedic surgeon yesterday about my foot (third opinion) - he said that someday I'll need surgery. When I am ready...come back. Guess I am not ready.

Meditation - I've been slacking off on that and it shows. I will meditate today!
lots of water
stretches
log food and food values
PMA

breakfast - cheese omlette, peanut butter toast, peach
lunch - small Wendy's chili
snack - cottage cheese and 1/2 banana
dinner - boca, lettuce and tomato on lite wheat, rattatoulle with parm
snack - cheese, crackers, fruit

Mj - have fun at the farmer's market - get lot's of healthy goodies. Yes, I agree having an incentive really helps!

Nori - Welcome! Yes, I agree with Mj - that calorie amount seems low to me, too. Glad you figured it out.

Schmoodle - I can relate to 'having an excuse to overeat' at times too. Darn this food stuff...it's a never ending battle it seems. Do the best you can...you CAN do this!!! I too have trashed good food because I couldn't stay out of it - I really think it's better off in the trash then your tummy. You did the right thing. (still it's hard to throw it away, I know)

Yay, Rhonda, two days OP!! That's wonderful.

Lyn - so glad you are finally feeling better. Hooray for having some good food days, too.

Ginger - I hope your feeling better!

Have a GREAT OP day!!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-11-2008 at 07:12 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:17 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey chicks, busy today but wanted to get my plan down before food gets away from me. I was on plan yesterday, so hopefully that is the start of a loooong streak of green days for the rest of September.

Today:
B: hot Ezekiel cereal with applesauce and yogurt
S: chocolate cheesecake smoothie
L: tomato soup, salad with dried apricots and goat cheese
S: skim latte, pear with almond butter
D: BBQ chicken, sweet potato fries, salad
S: NSA hot chocolate or tea

Beverly, that pound will be back off in no time!

Nori, good luck with your goal! I wouldn't want to try to stay that low either. I do South Beach too. Phase I lasts for two weeks and you don't eat fruit or any grains or starches during that time. It gets rid of cravings for sweets and starches, stabilizes your blood sugar levels, and "detoxes" your body from sugar and refined starchy stuff. Then you add back the fruits and whole grains, etc.

mj, sadly, I am ALWAYS in the mood to think about food...

Hello to the rest of the accountability chicks!
Have a good one.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 09-11-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:54 PM   #26  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hi ladies,

sorry I didn't check in yesterday, I was just feeling still so yucky! I'd love to do personals, but I just don't have it in me, but I have plenty to say to everyone!! I'm back to the couch (just took my kids to preschool)...to rest and drink tea and water..I was lucky to have grandparents and DH to watch the kids, but now that I'm "better" (hardly!) the kids are now all mine. Doh!

I better quit whining while I'm ahead.
Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 06:50 PM   #27  
mj5

Hi everyone! I had one of those busy, but I don't feel like I accomplished anything days at work. It's ok though...at least there weren't any catastrophes!!!!

Beverlyjoy--How are you doing today? How's the tooth and your foot?

Schmoodle--hope your busy day went well!

Ginger--How are you feeling? Whine away! We'll listen!

Lyn and Rhonda--How are you?

I am SO glad I am getting to see the ortho tomorrow. It's a temporary fix, but I'll take it right now! This weekend I am going clean out my makeup drawer...sounds like fun, huh? I have some REALLY old stuff shoved in the back that needs to go in the garbage. My mom is coming over to visit, so that will be fun.

Have a great night!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:41 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies.

I thought I was all better from being sick but I guess I wasnt. I am still fighting it and very tired. Had a rough week...

I really let my eating go, too. And the scale shows it. I wish I had someone to kick my butt and make me eat right, but since I dont, I better get to doing it myself!!

Here's to a better tomorrow.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:31 AM   #29  
mj5

Good Morning!

Lyn--Oh, I hope you feel better!!!!! You can do this!

So glad it is Friday! Hope I can get some stuff done at work today...just a lot of 'little' things that I would like to get cleared up before the weekend.

I really need to be getting ready for work, instead of sitting here, so I better get going!

I'll chat w/ you later!
Old 09-12-2008, 06:45 AM   #30  

Hi Chickies - yesterday I had an on plan day - wow, I am so grateful! I didn't drink quite enough water - but, I do better with that today.

I went to the dentist and he fixed the chip in my tooth - amazing. It looks great.

I saw another orthopedist this week (third opinion) - he suggested that at some point I'll need to have foot surgery. It would lay me up for about 3-6 monthes. Ugh...not quite ready to face that. I guess I'll know when it's time.

Today:

ice
heat
meditation
stretches
lots of water
journal my food
PMA

breakfast - cottage cheese and 1/2 banana, pnb toast
lunch - tuna salad, crackers, ratatouille and parm
snack - plain Greek yogurt with some ns jelly and peach
dinner - lite cheese sandwich and tomato soup, green beans
snack - oatmeal, almond butter, milk, raisins

MJ - I agree....TGIF! Have a good one. Hope the ortho has some 'magic' for you, friend.

Ginger - you take care and rest as much as you can. Once in a while it's OK to have a video day - so the kids can be a bit still and you can get some rest. Did you find out if it's strep or the other possibilities yet?

Lyn - sorry to hear you are still feeling poorly. Do the best you can. Try and drink lots of water...even though I am sure you don't feel like it.

Schmoodle - go green!!! I've seen Ezekial bread..but, didn't know there's a cereal too. Have a great day.

Hi to Rhonda and Lori!!

Have a good day, folks.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-12-2008 at 06:46 AM.