Old 08-01-2008, 02:01 PM   #16  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by valpal23 View Post
When I bought spanx.. I got mine from theshoppingnetwork... no problems there. Maybe they're the cdn distributor?
Nope... They buy from the distributor... Whom I spoke to directly this morning. Speaking directly to the rep. for Spanx products, and I got the "skinny" (too punny to not use this slang) on when the 1xl/2xl/3xl will be arriving in Canada for the Slim Cognito mid thigh body suit...

And I begged the favour of having a pair sent to another store with my contact information and it being reserved for me to go get due to the time line I am working with.

They were very nice and very understanding... I am pretty gosh, darn happy right now... I just think they didn't want me spending my money on Bodywrap or Squeem instead.

:c arrot:

So.............. Super exciting - the + sizes for that line should be available at more locations in Canada within the next couple months.
Cuter w Curves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:19 AM   #17  

Spanx for sure!

I haven't tried Assets but I've heard they work too.

SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:27 AM   #18  
active kids, active mom

I LOVE Assets and wear them pretty much every day. They are very comfortable and less expensive than Spanx. I am the same height as you and less than 10 lbs. heavier and I just went down from their 2x to their xl size. You might start with the XL and then try the L if that is too big. I found the 2XL lasted for quite a few lbs. for me -- like maybe 30 or so. I am not sure about the XL

Congratulations on a size 16. That is awesome. I am hoping for that by next month!
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:16 PM   #19  
VSG'er 01/08/13

S/C/G: 339.95/220/190

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuter w Curves View Post
{cut}Slim Cognito mid thigh body suit...

And I begged the favour of having a pair sent to another store with my contact information and it being reserved for me to go get due to the time line I am working with.

They were very nice and very understanding... I am pretty gosh, darn happy right now... I just think they didn't want me spending my money on Bodywrap or Squeem instead. {cut}
Turns out I am a very, very lucky girl! They sent both a 2 xl and a 3 xl... and I was figuring I was a 3xl... but it turns out... I was in the 2xl perfectly!
Cuter w Curves is offline   Reply With Quote