Old 05-11-2008, 08:13 PM   #31  
Steps on this journey...

Height: 5'3

I use my salad spinner thing a lot (when I'm not in my high-lazy days and just buy an overpriced bag of salad). I use that and make a huge salad for the whole week much cheaper. I also started branching out and getting good accessories for the salads (olives, capers, red onions, chickpeas).

And my George Foreman grill, which I'll be using to make shish-kabobs tomorrow.

CostCo: they have cheap Fiber One bars and really cheap baby lettuce salads (again, for the high-lazy days).
TheBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 10:31 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Here's one I haven't seen mentioned. I just discovered recently, but I already can tell that I will never stop using it.

Reynold's Wrap Release. It's a non-stick aluminum foil, and it really is completely non-stick. I line baking trays with it and don't have to use oil or a non-stick spray. When I make things like sweet potato fries, I don't have to use any oil. They just literally slide off. I even reheated a piece of pizza on it (in the toaster oven). The cheese melted, but slid right off the foil without even becoming stretchy. It's awesome.

Lisa
LisaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:27 AM   #33  

Oh, wow, I'll have to try that Reynold's wrap release! I use aluminum foil almost everyday and spray and spray! I'll still use my baking criper pan for "fried" baked foods, but for other stuff, I'll definitely use that new wrap!!
gaia3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:48 AM   #34  
jessica

S/C/G: 221/204.6/135

Height: 5'2"

we also have a small george foreman grill. it is so usefull. but i must say that the items i can't live without are my measuring cups and spoons. we use them many times daily. and my scale which is not digital, but works just fine.

Last edited by maass1981; 05-13-2008 at 09:48 AM.
maass1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:00 PM   #35  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

i can't live without ziplock steamer bags... i love them oh so much
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 12:54 PM   #36  

Height: 5'7"

1/2 cup measuring cup( seems like that is a serving of so many items)

blender for making smoothies

non stick skillet

a small plate that doesnt match my dishes at all.I eat all my meals on it!!
Ithink it has really helped with controling my portions.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:17 AM   #37  

dgramie, I think that smaller plates do work miracles! Even when we conciously KNOW that the plate is smaller, our "animal brain" just doesn't register it...sort of like giving a young child a choice between 7 pennies or a dime. lol You can even tell that child he can buy more with a dime, but he still wants the "more" physical amount of the pennies. LOL Same with us--if we have a bigger plate, then we eat "more" whether we actually want it or not!
gaia3 is offline   Reply With Quote