Old 04-19-2008, 06:03 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Actually, I don't exercise much. I've had some foot and back problems. Lately, I've been doing some excerising on the stationary bike and some others at my physical therapy.

I am hoping to kick it up when I am more physically able.

I've lost nearly 70 pounds with little exericse. Lately, the weight loss is going pretty slowly.

One of my goals at PT is finding a way to add exercise into my daily life.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:10 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

Depending on the homework load and the family activities, I try to do an hour each weekday. The weather didn't cooperate this week for outdoor activities and for some reason I'm just not up to the Y this week. Winter has been long and I am SICK of the treadmill! Fortunately, it is not raining this morning, so I'm headed out for a run. So - if the weather is cooperative or I'm not anti-Y, I do five hours per week. Since I've only gotten in two days this week, I'll exercise today and tomorrow.

I either interval walk/run or ride my bike or some of both. We have a 5k in two weeks, so I've been trying to walk/run more than bike. Honestly, I get a better work-out that way, too, but I really would rather ride the bike. Tomorrow we'll probably take the bikes to a trail near by and that's not only good exercise, it's really a fun time with my new skinny husband.

And I think that's really important. We do activities together for fun these days instead of eating and watching tv. If you would have told me two years ago that we'd be going to a 5k together I would have laughed right out loud!
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:30 AM   #33  
low carbin' it

S/C/G: ~256/153.5/154

Height: 5'6

At first, I went to do a treadmill about 3 times a week and I lost a lot of weight that way. I tried to go more but I averaged about 3. Then stuff happened and I stopped for about six months. I was cutting what I ate so I still kept losing weight through that time. Then after last summer, things were going slower and I recommitted to exercise because I was coming close to goal with about 30 more pounds to lose. I started walking and aimed for 6 days a week about 40 minutes.

I set up a weekend walking buddy who made me get up early in the weekends. I made it easy for me at work and got 3 walking partners and we went to a nearby park and walked right after work. I kept walking shoes in my car, no excuses. With that I was able to get to my goal weight.

Since hitting my goal weight, I've lost some motivations plus I really don't want to lose more weight at this point and one of my work walking partners (the more consistent one) has been unable to walk. I average maybe 3 or 4 times a week. I am trying to get back to 5 days a week, that would make me happy. This week, I've done 3 and hope to walk today and tomorrow.

I think the more you lose, the more important exercise becomes and I don't believe you can maintain your weight loss without it. Though, I did hear on the tv yesterday that without diet, exercise won't do much for weight loss. This as an explanation for why overweight people training for a marathon weren't really losing weight.
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:15 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I'm still trying to get into a routine. It's HARD, and I don't like to excersize. A good week, 4 times a week, a bad week, 0-2 times a week. Some days I just feel like I don't have the time, I have to much on my plate, etc, but I just always make time to take a 30 minute walk. ALWAYS. No question about it I feel so much better once I do excersize and I see more results too.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:36 AM   #35  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

6 days a week 40mins-2.5 hours (sounds long, but I'm in training)

3x week running (40-60mins)
3x week swimming (60mins)
3x week biking (45-90mins)
Walking 3-4 times a week usually to pool

I don't lose as well without exercise, but my calories aren't super low either. If I was more concerned about a quick drop I'd drop them more, but I need fuel to work out.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:45 AM   #36  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimGirl View Post
I have a question to add! How do you all find the time for this? I work 5 days a week, 10.5 hour days, and I haven't found a way to get more than 30 minutes of exercise in there. I'd like to be doing more, and feel as though I should be doing more as well. Advice needed!

-Aimee
Aimee - I work 8 to 11 hour days as well. I also volunteer several hours per week.
I get up early (5:30) and do my Bible study, then exercise (yoga, pilates or resistance bands so I don't have to shower - only wash), then breakfast, ready for work and out the door by 7:20.

I stopped watching TV in the evening. This gave me plenty of time to do my cardio routine.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:01 PM   #37  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

I aim to do something everyday for atleast half an hour. pilates/resistance tubes or walking. weekends I swim.... and I just bought an elipictal. but daily exercise is what keeps me on track with my food choices...
valpal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:07 PM   #38  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I'm not in your 50+ category yet...

I do 8-10 hours a week. Pretty much 50% cardio/40 % weight training/10% core & balance. I've been doing this for 3 months now and been losing 100% fat - building lean muscle mass each time I'm measured so far.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:11 PM   #39  
bow chicka wow wow

S/C/G: 240/183/135-140

Height: 5'7"

i work out everyday. i do a one hour bike ride (roughly). i love, love, LOVE bike riding. and if the weather is bad, then i go to the y and do the elliptical for a half an hour and walk for another half an hour.
deathnotronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:13 PM   #40  
Have you had The Surgery?

S/C/G: 510/225.4/199

Height: 69.09"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimGirl View Post
I have a question to add! How do you all find the time for this? I work 5 days a week, 10.5 hour days, and I haven't found a way to get more than 30 minutes of exercise in there. I'd like to be doing more, and feel as though I should be doing more as well. Advice needed!

-Aimee
I was just complaining in real life about not having enough time. Someone pointed out that there is 1,440 minutes in a day. Surely I can find 60 minutes during that time. There is also 10,080 minutes a week.

I work 8 days a week. Just like the Beatles sang. One job is from 6am-2:30pm Mon-Fri. The other job is 11pm-7am Fri-sat, 3pm-10pm Sun. My plan is to go to the gym after work, and spend 2+ hours there Mon-Thurs, and lately (because I have been taking a day off during the week, due to fatigue) I have been hitting the gym at 7am Saturday morning, and spending nearly 3 hrs there.

So...granted I am a bachelor...I work 62 hours (could be more if the weekend job is shorthanded and they need me to work a shift during my week), and workout 10 hours a week. In total I spend a little over 2 hrs pedaling my bike as well
FresnoBeeDude is offline   Reply With Quote