Easter candy calorie info

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • For those struggling with the temptations that Easter candy presents, I wanted to share a Newsweek article I just read about the nutritional content of some Easter candies. I'm not posting this to scare people off their treats, but because I know that, for me, it's easier to resist unplanned sweet if I'm aware of the caloric/fat impact.

The Eight Most Fattening Easter Candies

Hope it helps!

Lisa
  • Good thing I've planned to skip that chocolate bunny this year O_O
  • Cadbury Creme Eggs are way too sweet for me, but I never thought they'd be a better choice than other treats!!!
  • For those of you doing WW here are the points for some of the old fav's.

Easter Candy

Cadbury Caramel, 1 egg (190 cal/6 g fat/0 g fiber) 4.5
    Cadbury Chocolate Creme Egg, 1 egg (180 cal/8 g fat/<1 g fiber) 4.5
    Cadbury Creme, 1 egg (170 cal/6 g fat/0 g fiber) 4
    Cadbury Mini Eggs (17 eggs) (200 cal/9 g fat) 5
    Cadbury Mini Creme Egg, 1 mini egg 1.5
    Chocolate Nest Eggs, 1 1
    Dove Chocolate Bunny, 1.8 oz 3
    Easter Peeps, 5 3
    Hershey Milk Chocolate Eggs, 7 pieces 5
    Hershey Milk Chocolate Bunny, 1, 7 oz 5
    Hershey Kisses, 8 pieces 5
    Hershey Kisses or Hugs, 3 pieces 2
    Jelly Beans, Smuckers, 24 pieces 3
    Marshmallow/Chocolate Egg, 1 piece 2
    Nestles Baby Ruth, (170 cal/10 g fat/<1 g fiber) 4.5
    Nestles PB Mallow, (140 cal/8 g fat/<1 g fiber) 3.5
    Milky Way, 1 egg (190 cal/12 g fat/0 g fiber) 5
    Robin Eggs (malted milk), 2 regular or 6 mini 1
    Snickers Egg, 1 egg (170 cal/10 g fat/1 g fiber) 4
  • yah I find it easier just to pass it all up entirely ....sigh... back in the day I'd get an entire POUND bunny at wal-mart each time I'd go !!! OMG that's like 6 pounds of chocolate over the course of a few weeks ewww that makes me feel queasy in the tummy!
  • Sigh.... peanut butter eggs are my favorite, but I haven't had one in a couple years.
  • I will miss eating my peanut butter egg this Easter. But it isn't worth it to me and plus we have a bag full of them here now and it doesn't intrest me at the least
  • Quote: I will miss eating my peanut butter egg this Easter. But it isn't worth it to me and plus we have a bag full of them here now and it doesn't intrest me at the least
    Good for you - you are much stronger than I am! I can't even have them in the house, or I would be snarfing them down like crazy.
  • Quote: Cadbury Creme Eggs are way too sweet for me, but I never thought they'd be a better choice than other treats!!!
    I was equally as surprised by this... I never thought those sweet sweet eggs would be a "better" option than a Reese's peanut butter egg.
  • Thanks for posting the article and the ww points! I will be skipping the candy this year because I am VERY stingy with my points...I would rather real food than something sweet! Real food is my downfall
  • Thanks for posting the points list! It'll make it easier for me to resist if I can look at that one egg and say "Nope! Not worth the 5 points for me!" I'm the same as you guys though, if I start eating them at all I won't be able to stop myself!

Trazey - you aren't alone on that. I used to buy the huge "Costco" bags of chocolate covered almonds and go through one in two days or so. The thought of it now makes me feel ill.
  • *sigh* I miss my Cadbury eggs. For me, there was never any such thing as "too sweet." But, they weren't a very good friend, were they?
  • I have been Peep free for over 3 years. Like Halloween and Christmas, I just don't eat Easter candy. I know it must sound horribly restrictive, but I really appreciate the peace of mind. I don't have to worry about it.
  • Cadbury Eggs have been the catalyst for me regaining about 40 lbs. TWICE! YUP - TWICE I had lost 40 lbs. sometime before Easter (even through Christmas) and then gained it all back sometime after the CEs came back into the stores for Easter. I would find an excuse to go to Target, where I would frequesntly munch on a bag of Cadbury mini-eggs while shopping and then buy some big Cadbury Eggs to bring home. Easter is so much more dangerous to me than Christmas.

This year, I stayed away from Target and shopped only at stores not carrying the EGG (Trader Joe's, Whole Foods). I asked a friend to buy me one egg and store it at her house until all the other eggs are gone from the stores. When that day comes, I will go to her house, savor my egg, journal the calories, and then be done with it.

That's the plan. Stupid egg.
  • Quote:
    That's the plan. Stupid egg
    But what a Smart cookie!! That's an Egg-cellent plan!!