Old 01-21-2008, 06:41 PM   #16  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile this was a great idea and yes I have been thinking about it

I had been thinking about this. Finally I have lost enough weight where I have indeed noticed some changes.

1) I can bend so much easier now that half of my stomach is gone. I can paint my toenails without having some of my toe painted too.

2) sex is better for me but I still would like to be about 30 lbs less before I feel like doing things like a strip tease and stuff. I have been going from all dark and under the covers to lighting candles and soft music. It is very romantic, girls

3) Looking better in clothes although I have been dismayed that some new shoes that i bought early in the fall are slipping off my feet. I didn't think my chubby feet would be the first to go! Who knew??

4) Feeling better about how I look and move around.

On the other side of these I am a little taken a back by what feels like more attention. I hate to admit this but I did come to the point where I was almost a recluse and, yes, I do work at home and I like it. I had never thought about waiting on tables but that is one way to get out among people. I guess, one way my fat served me is that it provided a ready made insulation away from people. I was emotionally damaged (according to someone who counseled me) from a lot in my past. I gave up reaching out to people and quite honestly I am still afraid of getting hurt again.

I figure that will be something that I will need to work on as I am losing weight. I hate to admit that but I realize that my fat was there for several reasons and once it is gone, I will be left with those issues to deal with on their own. I think I am ready to do that.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:43 PM   #17  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

There really isn't anything yet. I am looking forward to running again. I've tried, but my knees hurt badly. Maybe, once I've lost a little more weight, I can try again.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:35 PM   #18  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

I don't have any significant changes yet -- but I love pulling out clothes from the back of my closet that I haven't worn in awhile because I outgrew them and now they fit (and some of them even LOOSE!). I went dress shopping for my wedding gown today and was unequivocally a 22, and *ALMOST* squeezed into a 20. A few months ago I was more or less a 26/very tight 24.

I've noticed, too, that my shoes are fitting a lot looser. That is really great because I had some nice shoes I couldn't wear anymore because they were just way too tight.

I don't feel as uncomfortable walking around stores or going on walks. I'm still not up for running, but I don't get out of breath walking to the mailbox. I have more energy, and feel better as long as I'm eating good-for-you foods and exercising! Which I'll be honest, I haven't been doing so great with since Christmas, but I have NOT gained any weight and have even lost a pound, so that is still progress in my book! This week is the week for getting back to work!

I'm not sure if I will ever enjoy a lot of sports and outdoor activities (I'm more of the artsy creative type, not nature outdoorsy athletic type), but I am getting married in 2 months and so I am looking forward to having sex for the first time! I feel confident enough that my fiance finds me attractive that I don't feel like I will need to hide under the covers, either!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:40 PM   #19  
Turning it around...

S/C/G: 215/see slider/145

Height: 5'5

CONGRATS LisaMarie!

Last edited by Jaelini; 01-21-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Jaelini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:28 PM   #20  
since 10/23/07

S/C/G: 286/ticker/136

Height: 5'5"

I'm not where I want to be with this weight thing yet, but one of the things on my list is to go to the jungle and try the tree slide. They have these ropes that go from tree to tree and you slide from one tree house to the next. They have them in Mexico, Belize, and other places.

If you don't know what that is, you can google "zip line jungle canopy tours" -- I'm too new to post links yet.

I bet you have to be normal weight to do that and I want to!!

Last edited by jay41; 01-23-2008 at 04:13 PM.
jay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:11 AM   #21  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

Everytime I find something I can do now that I couldn't before, it feels like a little victory...which helps a lot in keeping me going...such as:

* driving and not having my stomach touch the steering wheel..steering has actually become a little easier!
* playing sports. I enjoyed playing in high school gym class, but wouldn't try out for competitive teams because I didn't want everybody laughing at "that fat girl" on the field. The 16-year-old girl I was was insecure, but the 36-year-old woman I am isn't; I joined a slo-pitch women's softball league last year and it was great to be able to run the bases, and I'm signing up again this year. Also, I just ordered my first bathing suit since I was a teenager, and plan on swimming at the community pool as soon as it arrives.
* I haven't flown since Summer 2006, and this year a friend and I plan on going to a wedding out-of-province. I am actually looking forward to getting on a plane and not needing a seatbelt extender!
* Flirt more. This follows the "wouldn't" category. I always figured a man couldn't possibly be attracted to me, so I wouldn't even try. I just felt this way about myself; even though I saw overweight friends with men who loved them, I didn't think I could find that for myself. Now I find myself being more flirty and friendly with men, and I am getting more attention than I used to--not sure if it's because of the smaller me or if it's my improved attitude. I also joined a few dating websites, and put my picture up, something I would never have done before. I have gotten quite a few positive responses.
* Work on my feet so much. I used to have a part-time job a few years ago where doing a four-hour shift was painful, and an eight hour shift was agony. I work part-time in a deli now, and doing an eight-hour shift doesn't bother me at all. Also, in the first job I wore a smock, and in order to tie it in the back, I had to twist the smock around, tie it, and twist it back again. In the job I have now I wear an apron and in order to tie it in the back, I just reach back and tie it!

I love noticing all the new things I can do, no matter how small or "insignificant" (not insignificant if it helps keep you focused). If any of my friends ask me tips for losing weight, I always mention they should find pleasure in the little changes they notice.

Good topic!
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:21 PM   #22  
The Mabbinator

I've never had a problem being active. I love sports (not that I get to play often) and never let my weight stop me. I'd say the biggest change since I've lost almost 50 pounds is in my clothes. I carry all my weight in front and my jeans used to have to be really big to accommodate my waist which meant they hung off my but. Now they mostly cling to my body. Also my gut went out farther than my chest. You couldn't even tell I had a chest. Now my shirts cling nicely to my breasts which makes me feel feminine. Also I can cross my legs.
queennmab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:51 PM   #23  

I'm just more like let's go here and lets go there. I did those things before but now I'm excited about them. I have a entire list of stuff to tick off. I've already started on that list because I don't want to waste value time "while" I lose the weight because time is something I have to make the best out of rather I'm fat or not. Hiking is something on that list that I've already tried, and have really enjoyed.
kimmieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:55 PM   #24  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

...go out without thinking about how my shirt looks on my midsection. It's nice, though I have a ways to go, just to go out and have fun and feel free to use my body as expression rather than just my face.

Last edited by Reddalice; 01-22-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:23 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5 feet 1 inch (in shoes)

I haven't lost enough yet to feel comfortable trying it, however, soon I will take a dance class. I want to know what it feels like to be truly led around a dance floor and not feel awkward.
okiechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:34 PM   #26  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

Silly as this sounds-I always wanted to wear sweat pants. Now, you have to tear them off of me! They're so puffy and soft-mmmmmm. I even wore them to work one day (when I was alone-felt so guilty-NOT).
-Love viewing every activity as a "free workout".
-Shopping without trying stuff on, can be risky, but I love DANGER....
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote