Old 11-30-2007, 12:26 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

That white bean soup sounds fantastic! I will be making that. Also I forgot about oatmeal! I love the stuff, all day anytime. Sometimes, last year, if I was REALLY having bad carb/cookie cravings (PMS) I would make whole grain oatmeal, add a spoonful of peanut butter, some vanilla and a bit of brown sugar and a splash of skim milk for a big "peanut butter oatmeal cookie" tasting oatmeal. Thanks for the reminder!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:41 PM   #17  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I am a HUGE Chili fan, but now I think I have to make some Magic white bean soup!!! Mmmmm
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:00 PM   #18  
MeoW

S/C/G: 275/215/160

Height: 5'7

i LOVE veggie chili....nothing better than throwing everything in the crockpot in the morning and coming home to a delicious meal! I usually dip the 45 calorie weight watchers bread in it, its not as good as fresh warm bread, but it will have to do!

also oatmeal, the weight control stuff from quaker, cinnamon and brown sugar, sooo yummy and it will stick to your ribs
cupcake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:54 PM   #19  

Let's have some more recipes and ideas!

I made chili last night. How about some creamed veggies recipes, or sweet potato/winter squash recipes?
Old 12-01-2007, 07:54 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Sweet Potato Puree

2 small sweet potatoes, cooked
1 Tbl. orange juice
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 c golden raisins

Mash everything up together. I also like to grate some orange zest into the mix. Makes two servings
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 08:43 PM   #21  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

This may not be rich/warm.. but I think it's comforting

I have a lower cal/fat french toast.

I just use natural ovens bread (so super filling) - or any high fiber bread of choice.
egg whites (like better then eggs or something)
cinnamon
with s/f maple syrup.

when I need to be filled up - that does it.
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 07:09 PM   #22  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

The oatmeal with peanut butter sounds YUMMY. I love that...an ooie, gooie peanut butter cookie.

I am a cobbler fanatic and i have found that putting blueberries in my oatmeal, before i cook it, then stir it around with some light butter and a little splenda and it tastes just like a blueberry cobbler.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:29 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

RitzyFritzy, I found the recipe for the Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper Soup. I did write it down after all, on a scrap of paper in the kitchen drawer!

Heres what I did:
In a saucepan comine 2 wedges Laughing Cow Lite Cheese (any flavor desired), 1/2 can evaporated skim milk, 1 bouillon cube (veg or chicken), 1/2 cup water, a dash of red pepper flakes, 1/2 cup shredded cheddar (lowfat if desired), 4 cubes roasted red pepper puree. Heat until smooth and creamy.

Last fall I roasted a bunch of peppers, pureed and froze them in an ice cube tray. The 4 cubes is about the equivalent of 3 - 4 peppers. I'm sure the bottled peppers would work too, just puree them to desired consistency. This was so yummy we wanted to lick our bowls.

Can somebody post the link to the magic white bean soup recipe, please? When I do a search, this is the only thread that comes up. Thanks!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:49 AM   #24  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks, Schmoodle!! Can't wait to try this!!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:21 PM   #25  

Bumping this up for more ideas! I made roasted Delicata squash "fries" tonight and they really hit the spot. Anyone have some good soup recipes?
Old 11-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #26  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

WOW.. some good stuff here. I think I will be trying the Taco Bake tomorrow night! The magic white bean soup sounds great also

If you have a slow cooker, you could try this one that I posted a few weeks ago:

Butternut Squash & Chicken w/gravy
HotWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:27 AM   #27  

This might have been posted already, but lentils and endive hearts! Both are absolutely delicious warm, easy to cook, and you can make them however you wish. If you eat meat, through in some turkey or chicken and pronto! I satisfying, filling meal. For dessert, baked apples with a little bit of cinnamon.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:19 AM   #28  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

My favorite hearty winter soup recipe is pumpkin turkey chili:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pumpkin...li/detail.aspx

When I want to make life easy on myself, I break out the slow cooker and make chicken corn chili:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken...li/Detail.aspx
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:13 AM   #29  

We've been making shepherd's pie a lot lately. I got this recipe from Trader Joes. It's also easily adaptable.

1 lb lean ground beef (they used 80/20, but I buy leaner)
2 cans lentil soup w/ vegetables (I use Trander Joesn, but I think any hearty vegetable soup would do, just drain the juice off or use frozen veggies and seasoning)
And enough mashed potatoes to cover the top. When I'm in a hurry, I use bagged mashed potatoes.

-Brown the meat well
-dump the soup on top
-spread the mashed potatoes on top, I top with paprika
-bake in oven at 375 until bubbly and potatoes a little brown. I cook everything right in my cast iron so it's easy with little cleanup,

We usually get about 4 servings out of this.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 05:09 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2007 View Post
In the summertime I found it pretty easy to lose weight because I craved cool, refreshing foods.
I can fully empathize with you as I feel exactly the same!The cold season is coming and with it comes my longing for hot and more substantial things.

If I want a baked potato for lunch, I`ll have it but I swapped the mayo fillings for beans and cheese. Miso soup is an excellent low cal hot treat, although it`s high in salt.
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote