Old 11-23-2007, 03:43 PM   #31  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmeow View Post
It could be water weight fluctuations during the day. Mine sometimes varies almost 2 pounds depending on fluid retention, food I have eaten etc...
Well, I realize that, I never usually weigh myself more than once during the day, just when I first get up and before I eat anything. But a few weeks ago I thought to step on it more than once and see if it gave the same number, and to my surprise, it DID give a different number. So these variations are just me stepping on the scale, stepping off, then stepping on again, etc.

BTW, I just wanted to report that I took my measurements and I've lost about an inch from my hips and an inch from my waist... amazing! I thought my hips looked a little narrower. But I thought to myself, "nah! maybe my mind is pulling tricks on me, maybe because I want to see results so bad my mind is saying, 'well yes, my dear, you have changed'" .. but sure enough, the measuring tape does not lie!

Last edited by rakel; 11-23-2007 at 03:44 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 08:01 AM   #32  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning all!!!

Rhonda? Laurie Dawn? Nicole? Lillian? Where are you? I hope you guys are ok, and I am thinking of you!!!
I did really well yesterday, I exercised, and hiked for 70 minutes, , and ate well.Today I didn't exercise, so far, am hoping for some energy to hop on the elliptical in the afternoon, I am going to an outdoor fleamarket, that sells lots of fresh veggies for me to buy. My throat is a little sore, but with some hot oatmeal I am feeling better.
Bkfst ... steel cut oatmeal, banana, honey.
lunch........ 2 veggie burgers, hummus and salad( no bread)
dinner..... hubby is making crab soup, it is really fattening with coconut milk and butter, so I am just going to grab some fresh crabs, before he puts it in the soup and boil them for me, and eat them with some veggies.
snacks........ fiber one bar, yogurt, .. fruit.
I can do this today!!
Have a great day everyone!!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:49 AM   #33  

Congrats on the inches Rakel!

Tonight we are going to a fish fry at a friend's house ....arghhhh.... He cooks it really fast and it is not greasy at all. Anyone know if fried food that doesn't retain grease still really bad? I'm trying to be really good til then.
katmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 04:05 PM   #34  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I haven't been doing much of anything...just relaxing, I think I just need some downtime after the way it was SO hectic the past few weeks at work. I am hoping the rest will help my knee because I am going back to the gym on Monday--I have goals to meet!!!!

Rakel--Congrats on the measurements! I know my floors are really uneven and that has an effect on the scale. Not sure what is up w/ yours...does it need a battery?

Cheryl--I'm w/ you--everyone come out, come out where ever you are! Hope you were able to stock up on lots of fresh veggies!

Katmeow--Not sure about the your fried food question, I don't fry much of anything.

I haven't done much online shopping, although I do have a really good idea of some gifts I would like to buy. I am probably going to do some shopping next weekend, but we'll see.

Ok, I am going to go start dinner...then back to veg w/ the dogs.

Have a great night!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:55 PM   #35  
is recommitted

MJ -- I gotta recharge some batteries and I'm going to pop them in and see if maybe that's the problem. I really don't want to have to buy a new scale! lol.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:35 AM   #36  
mj5

Good Morning!

Rakel--I hope it is just the batteries! I really hate scales!!!!! I try to go by how I look and feel, but some part of me wants to see a #!

I have to warn you...this could get long.....

So, I had one of those AH HA!!!!!!! moments this morning, about life in general, not just weight loss--although that is a part of it. As I was trying to figure out how to cram some errands into an already packed day tomorrow while not jeopardizing my trip to the gym (the old me would have just skipped the gym to make room for the errands--something I have to stop doing!), my hubby looks over and says I can do those things tomorrow (he has the day off). Duh! It never even occured to me to ask him. Not because I don't think he can handle buying the right kind of dog food, but I just didn't think of it!

At work, I would not hesitate to delegate. So that got me thinking...what other skills (and yes, I see being able to delegate as a skill) do I use at work that I don't use at home. Being able to set limits. I can do this w/ my staff as well as my residents--I even teach my staff how to set limits, however at home, well, let's just say it is a foreign concept--I constanstantly take on way too much then get totally stressed out about not being able to do it all. (I blame a little bit of this on my mom (sorry, mom), but seriously--my mom is super-human and literally can do it all, somehow. I never learned how to do this from her , but that's ok, I don't need to do it all!)

Now, that being said, I will say I am not perfect at work--I am not always able to delegate when I should and there are times when I take on too much, but I certainly make more of an effort there than at home.

So....I am going to try to remember to ask hubby for more help w/ errands and stop and think before I commit to something. I know it will be a work in progress, but something worth working toward!

Right now I am in the middld of doing laundry--I know, exciting, huh?

Have a great day!
Old 11-25-2007, 10:49 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Grocery shopping is done, and menus planned for the week. I got up this morning and put on a crock pot of caponata, made a big pot of fish/veg soup for lunches, and a batch of oatmeal breakfast bars. I wanted to make up some deviled eggs for snacks, but realized DD took all the eggs with her back to her apartment! Tonight I'm making some oven fried chicken and mashed potatoes for the kids, but I'll have some of the soup.
I made it through the holiday okay. We had 3 nights of feasting: Thanksgiving, then pizza at my mom's on Friday, then a birthday party on Saturday. It was lots of fun, and I got to catch up with some relatives I see rarely, but I'm kind of relieved it's over now and I can get back to working on making my Christmas goal. I had a goal I wanted to make by tomorrow, but I'm still a pound away, so I don't think that's going to happen. That's okay, close enough.

mj5
, delegating is something I always have to work on, as I tend to just want to do everything myself too.
congrats on the measurements rakel!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:52 AM   #38  
mj5

Cheryl--I almost forgot! I made your mushrooms last night. SO good!!!! thanks for sharing the recipe!
Old 11-25-2007, 10:59 AM   #39  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Hi everyone! I join in with all of you that said that you didn't do horrible over thanksgiving, but not great either. That is me. But, I didn't worry about it. I kept in mind that portion control is a good thing and went with that. I think I needed a little break in the action, so I just tried not to fret about weight and eating. I worked in a little exercise, but not enough, so I want to go out today and get some walking in. I am also going to make today a low stress day and I don't have a lot planned. We had my parents for Thanksgiving and my MIL and SisterInLaw yesterday. Today it is just us and I'm planning to veg a little.

I did go shopping on Friday, but I'm not one to get up a 4:00. Who are those people who do that??? My mom doesn't have much for shopping where she lives, so we go together on black Friday. It is kind of fun and we enjoy being together. Lots of walking, but not cardio. I'm hoping it helped a little.

MJ - I hear you on delegating. I have the same type of mom who can do it all. It is hard to break through all of that and maintain sanity!!

Katmeow - Can you peel off the coating and just eat the insides? If you can do that without being insulting to the cook, that would help!

Rakel - Ah yes, scale frustration. I hear you loud and clear! Hope the batteries work for you!

Cheryl - Get well! Maybe the fresh air will help, too.

Have a great day everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 04:24 PM   #40  

Diane, thanks for the tip about the fish. We went to the fish fry last night. I just had one small piece and savored it! I brought a Cooking Light cole slaw that I ate alot of instead. And I forgoed the tartar sauce that I would normally eat. I also didn't eat the yummy crinkle cut fries he fries in the oil before he puts in the fish. THAT was tough.

All in all I did ok. It was 0 point soup and oatmeal for me so far today. Tonight will be a really low cal chicken salad. I'm ready to start back on my moderate eating plan instead of eating crazy and paying for it for 2 days!
katmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:45 PM   #41  
is recommitted

Weeelll! I got some pictures with John tonight. I wanted to put some up on our wedding website... I did some major photo retouching because I didn't like the oh-so-florida salmon pink buildings with aqua trim, lol.

Accountability time... I haven't really been keeping track of my calories, simply because I've been eating a lot of food homemade by others and I have no IDEA how many calories are in things, so I've just been trying to eat smart and watch my portions. I haven't done all of my exercising this week either, so it's time to get back on track this week! I definitely don't want to stop the upswing I had going on here

Last edited by rakel; 11-25-2007 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:14 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

My plans for today:

water, water, water
streches and moving
journal food and nutritional value

breakfast - ff cottage cheese, canned pears, pnb toast
snack - veggies
lunch - egg white salad, asparagus, crackers
snack - fruit, lite yogurt