Old 11-13-2007, 12:29 PM   #31  
300+ Chick

Everyone food menus looks good.. Wishing you all a great on plan day. We can do this!!

Diane..Good for you on getting a lower size pants and feeling good . Feeling good with our clothings sure beats the metal scale at any day. Keep up the good work!

I am doing good so far, minus that I peaked on the scale and stayed the same..ugh..Patience!! Patience!

Enjoy your day ladies..
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:01 PM   #32  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Lillian, those darn scales have formed an alliance to make us all crazy! Keep with it!

Rhonda, where are you? How are things going?
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:10 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

[QUOTE=nicolen;1928496]Good morning ladies!

All of these people posting! This is great!

Not so good on the food front yesterday - because we had the races happening over the fence, work put on some food, and not the healthy kind. At least dinner wasn't too bad. The races seemed to go well, although about 2pm some rain came through sending all the ladies in the pretty frocks and hats scurrying for cover.

I did get to the gym yesterday and struggled a bit. I don't know why it is, but it's always the Tuesday workout I struggle with - everything else goes well. I might just have to look into that. Today is a rest day, so I'll go for a walk this evening - assuming it stops raining. It's bucketing down at the moment!

Born, how are you doing today?

I'm doing alright so far. It doesn't help when work has candy all over this office, but I am doing my best not to touch it. I wanted to get to the gym yesterday too, but didn't make it. I am gonna go tonight though. It's so hard after work, and I struggle through while I am there bc I"m tired, hungry and did I mention tired.

Thanks for asking though. I hope you are having a great day.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 06:22 AM   #34  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning all........
I hope everyone is doing good?
Today is weigh in day and I am down 3 more lbs, I still am having that problem of feeling motivated, but am happy with it, I am getting close to being out of the 200's , somewhere I haven't been in almost 17 yrs, That should be motivation enough.
Today I am going to find something to clean out( my closet is nice and clean), and stay away from the food .
I will be exercising this morning , and then eat breakfast...
bkfst...... steel cut oatmeal, banana, honey
lunch....... left over pasta e fageoli
dinner...... roasted cauliflower with baked salmon
snacks....... fiber one bar, yogurt with fruit, rice cakes.
I can do this today!!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:12 AM   #35  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
Rhonda, where are you? How are things going?
I've been lurking. Yep, I'm in the middle of the blahs again. I just can't seem to get it together. I think a major part of the problem is that I'm a bit stressed about work and implementing the information I "learned" at training last week. Also, it seems like I have an attention problem. I can be gung-ho and excited about only one thing at a time and I have no energy for anything else. Unfortunatley, I've been allowing my diet and exercise plan to become last place in everything. It shouldn't be like this. After 10 months of doing this, I should have the balance figured out by now, right? Work stress has been consuming all of my energy. Then, I have the Disneyworld trip coming up this weekend, company for Thanksgiving, my daughter's birthday party to squeeze in somewhere, another trip to Minnesota for training the first week of December, our wedding anniversary in December and company for Christmas. On top of all of this, I know I really need to start working out again and I really want to lose another 15 pounds before the end of the year. I didn't meet my Onederland goal for the year, so I want to try for 50 pounds. Yikes! The stress is here for a while.

I love seeing so much participation here on the thread! Hope everyone is having a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:14 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

My food for today:

breakfast - ff cottage cheese, pear, pnb toast
snack - carrots
lunch - HC mac and cheese, cauliflower
snack - yogurt, crackers
dinner - out with mom
snack - oatmeal, flax, milk

water, water, water!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:30 AM   #37  

Mavesse... looks like you are on WW too! I sincerely wish you luck in your newfound commitment. I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Breakfast - microwaved "omelette"
with peppers, onions, cheese and tomatoes
Snack - anjou pear and pretzels
Lunch - leftover butternut squash and apple soup from the freezer/ cucumber salad
Snack - celery with ff cream cheese
Dinner - Thai beef salad (leaving some steak out of the marinade to grill "plain steak" for the kids)
Dessert - 2 hersheys kisses
katmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:13 AM   #38  

Oh my goodness, this thread is like a life-line right now! I just keep seeing success and recommits all over the place, and it truly helps keep me going.

Well, I had to dip in to my weekly bonus points, but I hung on by the skin of my teeth again yesterday. I am on Weight Watchers...I've been doing it off and on for 2 years with not much success. Well no success, actually, as when I finally quit the meetings, I was 15 pounds heavier that my first starting weight. Needless to say, the plan was not the problem, but I'm trying again from home.

Thanks so much to everyone for their encouragement!

So, here's me for today:

Breakfast: Cheerios, coffee, milk, mandarin orange (7)
Lunch: ham and cheese sandwich on whole wheat, light mayo, lettuce, banana, tea (7)
Dinner: 1 slice pepperoni pizza, salad with fat free dressing, diet Pepsi (8)
Snack: 4 almond cookies, pears, tea with milk (6)

Exercise: none planend for today

Bonus points used: 10/35

Have a great day ladies!
Mavesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:31 AM   #39  
300+ Chick

Rhonda.. Thank you for putting this thread up..Had been a lurker and it gave me a push on planning meals..Hoping that you feel better and staying on plan..again, Thank you.

Kitty..Bravo! on your 3 Lbs loss!! Keep it going!!

I took another peak on the scale this morning and am down 2 Lbs..my plan is working..Amen!! I will not weigh in again till Sunday..

Everyone menus looks awesome.. Keep it going ladies!!

Breakfast
1/2 c grape nuts crunch
1c fat free milk
small banana

Lunch
2 baked potatoes w skin
3c lettuce
2 tbsp salad dressing

Dinner
3c lettuce
1/4 c canned salmon
2 tbsp salad dressing

Bedtime snack
1 low fat yogurt
1c air popcorn
Old 11-14-2007, 10:44 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/140

Congratulations on the 3 lbs Hellokitty. 200 is sooo close for you now!

Rhoda, you do have a lot on your plate right now-figuratively speaking of course Before I stayed home with kids (about 8 years ago) I had a stressful job as a prof. at a university. I was much better about being aware of stress and taking care of my health than I am now. Anyway, I had a monthly hanging calendar, with white squares for each day, that showed only my free time. At the beginning of the month I divided each day in fourths and highlighted in yellow my free blocks or the blocks of time where I was teaching classes or had meetings that I enjoyed. The first and last block were almost always yellow and so were big blocks on the weekends. Just looking at the whole month with all that yellow made me feel more in control and upbeat. The spaces left white didn't seem so bad after that, and seeing them as white made them look like more postive in some way.

Lilian, congrats on the 2 pounds I'm so glad your posting and look forward to getting to know you.

Today was my weigh in day. Down 2 pounds. Goal for the day-get in all my water.
Taking dd6 our for lunch today. She finished her first chapter book and that’s our family reward. I was dreading it, but looked at a menu online and announced to everyone what I was having (a salad.) Now if those ff call to me, I’ll just have to avoid them since everyone knows they weren’t on my plan.
Breakfast-protein shake
Lunch-Salad greens and grilled chicken
Dinner-cottage cheese, green beans, salad
Snack-boiled eggs, nf/sf yogurt

Missy
missy3gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:42 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

G'morning everyone!

For breakfest, I broke down and went through the McD's drive through for a egg bagel and iced coffee. ugh. I"m dissapointed in myself, but I was running late and was hungry, didn't want to hold off till lunch

Lunch, I will have a lean cusine

Supper, We are having a girls night out where about 5 girls get together to talk and hang out, we are having mexican night tonight. *small portions*

Snacks: Maybe a pear, or some popcorn around 2 or 3.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:56 AM   #42  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Good morning lovely ladies!

Sometimes I wonder at myself. I know that planning for me at any rate is anything. So yesterday I don't plan at all and end up eating rubbish all day. I decided that I'd buy lunch yesterday rather than preparing it and bought rubbish. I then got Chinese for dinner rather than sushi, so all round a day of bad choices. I'm up 4 lbs, and not happy about it. Things change now.

Today is gym day again. I'm still a bit sore after my workouts earlier in the week, so hopefully that won't make things too bad for me. But I'm going regardless. There are no excuses for not exercising anymore.

The menu is

B - muesli, skim milk,

S - grapes, small handful of dried apricots

L - ham and salad sandwich, small handful popcorn

S - kiwifruit

D - chicken pasta (spaghetti, chicken, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary) and a large salad.

Born, you're doing so well. Keep it up.

Diane, how are you doing today?

Cheryl, look at you! 3 lbs down is awesome!

Liliann, great that the scales are dropping. Don't you hate it when you know you've done everything right and the scales are still the same?

Rhonda, ouch! Looks like you've got a full on couple of weeks!

Beverly, welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Kat, that omelette sounds so nice. I think I'll have to try it one day soon.

Melissa, looks like a good menu for the day!

Missy, welcome! That calendar idea of yours is a great idea - I might have to try it!

Have fun everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:40 PM   #43  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Hi everyone. Good to see so many people on this thread. Makes it fun!

Rhonda - I understand completely. I have made two goals for the end of the year and I am so sorry I did it. It just adds stress to an already stressful existence! Work has been ok for me except for some personality issues between coworkers right now. I can pretty much keep to myself, so that doesn't involve me too much. But the kids are keeping me maxxed out right now with activities and trying to keep grades up to where they should be. I have been doing good with exercising, but I wish that meals were easier. Where is the time????

Nicole, you go to that gym!!! That's the good thing to do! Keep your motivation up! (I totally understand the food choices problems, see note to Rhonda above)

Born, you and I were bad today. I got one of those sausage McGriddles. Not a great choice, but I knew I'd never make it to lunch. I just ran out of time at home today. But, for me, I've got a salad for lunch. Much better choice.

Lillian! Awesome! 2 pounds is great. Good for you and your plan!

Missy, good job on your 2 pounds, too! Wow!

Cheryl, 3 pounds! Woo hoo! You're getting there and you should feel so proud of yourself!

MJ, how's it going?

Everyone else: Good luck with your plans and have a great day!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:04 PM   #44  
300+ Chick

Missy--Bravo! on your 2 Lbs!! Keep it going!

Born- Keep plugging along.

Nicole- That pesky gain will be gone soon.. Just keep on planning and will send some scale vibes to ya!

If I missed anyone else scale victories, am sorry..and bare with me on knowing everyone here. and Bravo for those who lost!!

I am off for awhile on doing some home duties and making my lunch.. Have a splendid on plan day.. WE CAN DO IT!!
Old 11-14-2007, 01:08 PM   #45  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

scmoodle, I hear ya, I know I'm not the only one. I think changing your diet is hard, but you HAVE to eat, every day, so that alone makes it a lot easier to get the diet part under control... but for those of us who are naturally lazy or just so busy that exercise seems to come last on the to-do list, it's just hard to remember or consciously make the effort to get it done each day. When I was doing it every day the weight melted off, and now that I've been going back and forth on it, my weight hasn't budged an inch.

nicole -- Pretty good! I got on the exercise bike for 30 minutes. I was going to do 45, but the air conditioner wasn't turned on (might be fine if you lived up North, but I DO NOT!!). It was SO hot in there that I started sweating as soon as I got in. I forced myself to do 30 minutes and then left. I also did a BUNCH of housework, cleaning, organizing, moving things around, doing laundry, etc, so I didn't spend the whole day sitting on my butt! The scale only shows maybe .5lb difference. Yesterday, I got up, ate and went to the bike, when I came back I was 281.5. Before that I was 282. Well, today, I stepped on the scale and I was 281.5 (and I stepped on it several times, repeatedly). It may seem like I didn't really go anywhere, but before I was getting different readings within 1 to 2 lbs every time I stepped on the scale, so the fact that I'm a solid 281.5 is relevant! So I'm happy, maybe tomorrow I will be 281 or even 280.5 again!

Today I plan on doing about 15 minutes of my weights/strength training exercises, and then heading over to the apt gym. If there's no AC today, then I'm going to first go talk to the apartment office and if they can't do anything, then I'm coming home and playing DDR.

Last edited by rakel; 11-14-2007 at 01:12 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote