Old 11-11-2007, 11:15 AM   #1  
Sheri

Height: 5'5"

Default Back after a while

Hi, all. I was here back in January and just getting started. I haven't logged on in a while so I thought I would check back in. Things are going well I guess, but I needed to get my self in order, and straighten out my life, but I think I'm on the right track now.

I have a question. I tried the search but found a bunch of posts that didn't really answer my question, and lots of info both ways on the net.

I have been noticing that I have really saggy skin, under my arms, on my stomach, on my "hiney," etc. from the weight loss. I am working out with weights, which helps with the toning, but is there anything I can do now about the loose skin issue as I continue to lose that will decrease the amount of loose skin I end up with when I am at my goal? Will it eventually shrink up? It distresses me somewhat that I can pinch almost a half-inch of skin (not fat) under my arms, and makes me afraid of what it is going to look like next year!!

Has anyone had any experience with this? I don't want to end up having surgery to tighten loose skin; I'm afraid of that! When I was pregnant I had some kind of aloe vera thing I rubbed on my belly because it was so dry and itchy; my stomach went back pretty well, but I wasn't anywhere near that big. So should I go see a dermatologist now? Use aloe vera? Is there anything I can do to minimize the effect over the next few months, or is there nothing I can do?
EyeSing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:32 AM   #2  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

back!!
I don't have much answer to the loose skin question, just can say that it is great that you didn't gain anything why you were away.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:14 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

You can find more information here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219

That's the Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss forum.

For some folks, the skin will tighten up eventually--but it does take time. It depends on your genetics, on how overweight you were, on how old you are, and so on. No lotions or massage have been proven effective in helping skin to "shrink"--but it never hurts to take care of your skin and body!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote