Old 11-05-2007, 08:20 AM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Smile Accountability/Planning/Menus: Nov 5-11

Hi, 3FC Friends. Please join us in becoming accountable with each other on a daily basis. What are you doing to stay on-plan today? What goals do you have for yourself with your menu, your exercise, your food choice, etc? Let's keep each other accountable and encouraged on our journey to better health and more slender bodies.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:44 AM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Everyone!

I leave for Minnesota on business today and won't return until late Thursday evening. I'm not sure if I'll have access to the internet, so I may not get to post until Thursday or Friday. I plan on staying on-plan no matter how difficult it might get. I've been told that they give us free vouchers for breakfast and lunch at the cafeteria and that there are healthy options. However, I've also been told that the bring in pastries with coffee and juice at mid-morning and fresh baked cookies in the afternoon. Yikes! Plus, we'll be eating out every evening. My plan is to stick with oatmeal in the morning and grilled meats with veggies......no bread, pasta or rice...and no dessert!

I'm going to miss you guys...and, I can't wait to get back and catch up on your week. Hope everyone has a great on-plan week.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:48 AM   #3  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! Well, the good news is I really do not think my toe is broken. It feels much better this morning, still sore, but no where near as bad as yesterday. I have a drs appt tomorrow afternoon, so I may have him take a peek at it since I will be there anyway.

Rhonda--Thanks for getting us started!

Nicole--Your day w/ your friend sounds really nice.

Diane--Wanna do some of my cleaning for me?

Katmeow--I am glad you are posting your menu...it gives me ideas too!

I did good yesterday w/ food choices, the only problem is once again I ate way too much at dinner. It was pretty healthy, but just too much food. I know I CAN do this!

Exercise plan is up in the air right now. I have all of my clothes, etc for the gym but it will depend on how my toe feels......

Have a great day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:49 AM   #4  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Rhonda we must have been posting at the same time. You CAN do this!!!! I can't wait to hear about how awesome you did!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:07 AM   #5  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning all,
Mj5 I am glad your toe is not broken!!!
Rhonda ... Good luck on your trip!! Have fun!!
I went a little off plan this weekend, some more calories then expected, but I didn't eat things that were fried, or bad for me, just extra servings of healthy stuff, not the greatest thing to do,but it was done and I am over it, as you can see the weekends are still a struggle for me, I know there will come a day when I will beat this.
I did my exercising all ready, and just ate some Kashi go lean crunch/skim milk and a banana.
I am going to eat either some veggie dogs for lunch, or veggie burgers, am not sure at the moment.
For dinner, I am going to make something called with ratatouille.
snacks...... Kashi tlc bar, stoneyfield chocolate yogurt, apple.
I can do this today!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:08 AM   #6  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I had an ok weekend. I thought that overall I had a pretty good week. But the scale stayed exactly the same. I guess that's ok, but I thought I was getting in some good exercise and eating right. I better re-evaluate this week and see where I am slipping.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:20 AM   #7  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

had a pretty good weekend, nothing too major!

Br. was kashi bar, 1/2 cup cottage cheese & i'm having an orange now

lu - leftovers from last night, w.w. pasta, lean meatballs & awesome tomato-y sauce, an apple

din - chicken breast (again! good thing i still love it!) and some green beans

snack - cup of tea, few organic ginger cookies (5 for 100 cals! and they're not puny! )

Trying to cut back a bit more this week - scale has stalled a bit - also kicking up the walking to help it move again
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:46 AM   #8  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Good morning everyone!

I had the best day yesterday - one of those days where everything just went well. Work was madness as usual, but I got to the end of the day and went to the gym. The gym went so well - everything just fell into place; it was fantastic. Here's hoping I have another day like that today!

Scales show me at 248.2, so just above ticker weight . It looks like I'm definitely going to get back to ticker weight by the end of the month, then I'd be happy if I maintained for December and the silly season and start things back in force when I get back from my parents on Boxing Day.

Today - gym again. I'm starting to scare myself because I'm actually looking forward to exercising!

Rhonda, enjoy your trip away.

MJ, here's hoping your toe continues to improve

Cheryl, good on you for exercising so early!

Diane, if you've done everything right, could you be holding onto some water and that's why the scale isn't moving?

Tracey, go you with the exercising.

Have fun everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:58 AM   #9  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

Scales shows me at 258 this morning, and I'll totally take that. As long it's moving down and not up, I call it a success, and I don't really care whether it's .5 pounds or 5 pounds.

I plan on going walking again after I get a shower. Funny how I take a shower BEFORE I walk in the morning. My legs are sore as all get out, so I'll probably take it slow and take a less hilly route than usual. My neighborhood is RIDICULOUSLY hilly, but hey, at least I'll have nice legs at the end!

I need to work on water again. I could use more than I've been getting, for sure.

Breakfast--water and an apple with a handful of almonds

Lunch--peanut butter and banana sandwich, cottage cheese with diced cucumber and tomatoes mixed in, more water, and a 100 cal pack of Goldfish crackers

Dinner--undecided as of now. I did pick of a spaghetti squash at the store last night, so I might make me some mock spaghetti. If that doesn't work out, it'll probably be chicken of some sort. Chicken is usually my stand-by.

Last edited by xtrisaratops; 11-05-2007 at 12:34 PM.
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Hello All. For B-Fest I had 2 yogarts dannon natural. For lunch I am having a Lean Cuisine ( not sure which kind, but the work freezer is full of them ) and a piece of fruit. and for Dinner, I"m not sure yet, maybe some oatmeal, Toast, and a Pear
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:42 PM   #11  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

BAH, I don't think I can handle "planned off-planness" One or two days spiraled into a week, and now I'm back hanging between 283.5 and 285. Yesterday was mostly good, but I did go a little over my calories. Today I need to do some exercise and stay on plan with my food. So far it's going well. I am definitely staying on plan for the holidays, at any cost.

Losing weight is not so much the problem. I'm losing like 3lbs a week... the problem is that I also gain some weight which cancels out my efforts. I believe the root of the problem is my diet. My exercise could be better, but I think my diet affects my direct gain more. So back to the drawing board... I really want to get back on track so I can make my end of the year goal or at least come close to it. I've been messing around too much.

Last edited by rakel; 11-05-2007 at 02:42 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:50 PM   #12  
baby steps

Rakel--what is your current plan? Are you just calorie counting?
Old 11-05-2007, 04:00 PM   #13  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Hey Nicole, thanks for the suggestion. I did some calculating and realized that I am 2 days away from TOM. I hope that it was just that, but I'm still going to pay attention this week.

I should have realized it was getting close, but I keep thinking that maybe if I ignore it, it will go away......
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #14  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Sara:

My plan is to eat around 1500 calories a day (or less, but no less than 1200) and eliminate the junk from my diet -- sticking to veggies, whole grains, nuts, healthy oils (like olive oil), etc. I don't do so terribly with it, but this past week has been pretty bad.

As for exercise, I do aerobics 2 to 3 times a week (moderate intensity for 30 to 45 minutes) and some strength training and weight lifting 2 to 3 times a week (15 to 20 minutes). I try to walk some every day when I can as well.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:55 PM   #15  
baby steps

I do pretty much the same food-wise, only I also have to be extra careful to control my carbs. Carbs have ALWAYS been a trigger for me, and I have to be careful how much I allow myself, because if I eat too many of them, I just want more more more!

Sounds to me like you've got a good thing going; we all screw up sometimes, and just have to jump right back on and forgive ourselves.