Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 01:01 PM   #1  

Angry Just wanted to introduce myself....

I have been coming to this site for a while now but never really posted.I have tried every healthy thing possible to lose weight but it never worked.until now....

My name is Marcy,I am 32 years old and have been overweight since I was approx 11, each year getting a little heavier and heavier.I never really ate fried foods,or even ate a lot of food(quantity) etc but I was always getting sick, being put on antibiotics,and getting heavier. I was going to doctors for years and they all told me they cant figure out what the problem is.
For approx 2 years now I had a bad rash underneath my breasts and the dr. kept saying its because I have large breasts and that could happen, so just to use powder.Up till recently it ususally helped but never went away.A few days ago it was so bad I couldnt take it anymore and went to see my dr. he wasnt in , so I saw the dr filling in for him and let me tell you he saved my life.

See he is open to homeopathy and alternative medicines and right away he told me what my symptoms probably were and what he thought it was,as far as yeast ,allergies and toxicity etc and ordered tests and blood workups.

I finally have been diagnosed with an immune disorder due to severe allergies to yeast and molds.
so basically everything I was eating for me even though it was "healthy" per say was the worst thing for me.
So as it stands right now I am on alot of herbs and supplements and on a very strict eating plan taking away all the foods i am allergic to which are ALOT!!!!!!!!!!.
when you are allergic to yeast,molds,vinegar,sugar,dairy and wheat that eliminates alot of the typical foods out there like ketchup,mayo,broths,canned foods,breads,crackers,mushrooms,mustard,etc etc

The funny thing is I am not even scared about the news because at least they gave me an answer and I know that I am not going crazy.
right now they have me eating only protein and certain veggies for 2 weeks for a detox,so i can start clearing out my body and repairing my immune system,and he said the weight will melt off me now.

I have really learned alot from these boards as far as nutrition goes,etc so I wanted to share my news as well. I never knew that being allergic to foods and additives could make me so sick and keep me overweight all these years.

so I look forward to finally joining you all in losing the weight and along the way making some new friends
Old 01-24-2002, 03:27 PM   #2  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Marcy, what an incredible story. It is so great that your problem was finally correctly diagnosed. It is just too bad that it took this long. Is it celiac disease that you have? I'm a RN so I am always curious about medical problems. I really hope that we will see more of you around here, the more the merrier!
Old 01-24-2002, 06:24 PM   #3  

Hi Marcy and welcome! I am glad they were finally able to give you the answers you needed! Please post often!

By the way, I really like your screen name! How did you pick it?

Nicole
Old 01-24-2002, 06:51 PM   #4  

Hi Marcy, it's great that you now know what's wrong so that you can deal with it. That's half the battle. I'm new too so I hope we'll "see" alot of each other.

Carol
Old 01-25-2002, 07:40 AM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi marcy I to am an RN. I have a frind who has the same thing (she also is an rn) she follows a very strict low carb diest and let me tell you she has made dramatic improvements in her health! I sure hope you have changed your primary doc!! get a low carb bood, and read. I know there is a diet for that I can not remember the name for it but I can find out. it is refered toas the yeast diet. but it is similar to a low carb plan such as atkins or Protein power. I follow protein ppower and really like it. (PPLP) I find the book absolutly facinating. but whic youdecide to pick up read and follow. I would not do sugar busters as they allow fruit. but PP or Atkins will be closer to what you can have.

and believe me after a week you will not believe how much better you feel getting those toxins out of your system. I know my friend has had very easthma to the point of not being able to go out in public but she has made progress with this diet. so there is great hope for you. feel free to ask any one here and pop up in the low carb section to get low carb recipies. cutting out the milk is very doable on the low carb diet. so anyways glad you have found us, and hope that we can help.
Old 01-28-2002, 12:54 PM   #6  

Marcy...I know what you mean about
that awful rash under your breast, or
sometimes in your armpit, or in the crack
by your leg just under your stomach.
I went to doctor after doctor and tried
cream after cream. Well, one day I put
the WRONG cream on the rash and it
started to go away and stop burning
within hours...by accident I put on
zinc oxide cream instead of the medical
prescription cream. Boy, what a relief!
It helps every time. I have lupus, which
is an auto immune disease, but I'm also
asthmatic, which was only diagnosed
about 5 years ago, and I'm also allergic
to yeast and molds, and grasses, and
wheat and fish and cotton (yeah...cotton)
etc etc. Once I was aware of my food
allergies, it was easy to plan a good
eating regime for me without the foods
I'm allergic to. So I wish you good luck
with your new plan....and you just
might want to try the zinc oxide for
quick relief.
Old 01-28-2002, 04:50 PM   #7  

Hello and welcome!!! So glad you finally decided to post. We all fall into the trap of lurking and reading here..the inspiration is wonderful. Again..welcome. Make yourself at home.
Closed Thread