Old 10-30-2007, 04:29 PM   #16  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

My husband, My mom, my brother, My best friend, My doctor, anyone who reads my blog and everyone here.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:50 PM   #17  

Height: 5'8

Pretty much anyone who I've had a conversation where it comes up. Some folks know my goal, some don't. For some reason people seem suprised & seem to think I weigh/weighed less than I do/did. I'm guessing it's the height.

Last edited by nylisa; 10-31-2007 at 12:02 PM.
nylisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:00 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Nobody except the people here. Even my husband who knows everything else in the world there is to know about me, doesn't know. Frankly, I'd like to tell him but can't quite get the words out. It's such an appalling number that I really don't want to see how shocked he'd be. He told me once while we were watching The Biggest Loser that I was never as big as any of those girls. I was bigger, of course, but if he never saw me that way, then I'm not sure I want to point it out.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:04 PM   #19  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

3fatchicks, and my son, only because I keep my scale in my kitchen and it records the previous weight, and I knew if I told him I didnt want him to know, he would sneak and look anyway. DEFINATELY not my husband, cause he would use it against me in a fight some day, I just know it. And the less people the better.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:19 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Im not sure Michael (my dh) knew my highest weight at 307. But he knew what I weighed the day I came home from the hospital with Dalton because I weighed right in front of him. I was 275 then. After that I gained up to 307. Now Im back down to 255. Ive told my sister but I think she thinks I weigh MORE than I do. Other than that.. just u guys here on 3fc and on my blog.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:20 PM   #21  
science nerd

S/C/G: 302/ticker/151

Just the folks here and my Mom. I think I may have once mentioned it to my best friend and she didn't believe me. She does know my measurements, though.
shadowclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:44 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Default Okay so here's what I noticed.

These were some great answers. I noticed a trend in them.
The ones who kept their numbers the most secret and told noone or only the closest people to them were the ones who weighed at least 250 and up. The few who felt free from the start to tell all their numbers never even reached the 200 mark. There were a few in the 250-350 range who gained the courage to tell all.

It looks like the secret is all in the number you reach. It's easy to tell all when you just need to lose "some" weight. It gets a lot harder when you need to lose a whole bunch!

I'm still at the whole bunch stage so Mum's the word here.
Supersub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:03 PM   #23  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Anyone who asks, and quite a few who didn't. I guess I may buck the trend because I've been obese nearly all of my life (I was underweight to slim before that, and I was pretty close to normal in high school for a couple years with the help of amphetemine diet pills I was given at the end of 8th grade. By senior year in High School I was fat again).

Even in grade school, if someone asked I would tell them. I never thought to lie on the subject, and I guess by the time I realized I "could" lie I didn't see the point. When it comes to lying about age or weight, I have always thought it pretty stupid, because I always assumed everyone could pretty much guess anyway, and if I lied the person would just roll their eyes and think I was an idiot on top of being fat. When anyone is coy about the subject of age, I always joke that when I am tempted to lie about my age, I will lie "up" so that people will tell me how young I look. Then I say you'd never guess that I'm 60 would you? (I'm 41).

I've always been tempted to do that with weight, but have to say I don't have the guts. Telling people I weigh 500 lbs, might get the desired "you don't look that heavy" reaction, but if anyone believed it, I would be horrified.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:04 PM   #24  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I meant to say I was underweight to thin before kindergarten.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:17 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

I wouldn't even tell people my weight when I was at 160. I felt big and huge and ashamed of my size.

When I first came to 3FC, I wouldn't weigh myself. I started out saying I was a tight size 26 and wanted to be a comfortable size 18, and that is how I'd measure progress. It was a huge step to come out and face my weight about 2 weeks in. Coming out of avoidance was very difficult because I spent years not just hiding the truth from others, but also from myself.
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:24 PM   #26  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Everyone here, my dh and a couple of friends. I didn't tell dh until he asked me one day. It was tough to admit that I weighed more than him (and still do). He is so supportive though - and is definitely my biggest cheerleader!!!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:30 PM   #27  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown View Post
It was tough to admit that I weighed more than him (and still do).
Same here! (Well, soon-to-be husband...) I'm getting close now, another 10 lbs and we'll be about even.
Grrrr... but he joked that when I get down to about his weight he'll start losing, too. And we all know how fabulously fast all men lose weight... I told him he has to wait until I'm 30 lbs less than him, at least then I get a head start!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:17 PM   #28  
FatCat

S/C/G: 270/244/135

Height: 5'2

My son's dad was the only person besides my doctor that I ever got on a scale in front of. I remember laughing that morning of my last prenatal visit before my son was born because we had a $20 bet on whether or not I would top 200 pounds and he won because I weighed in at 199.

Wow, 199 seems like heaven. And that was when I was 9 months pregnant! Since then, I haven't told a soul my true weight. My mom knows I guess because she knows my goal weight and how much I have to lose and she is not defunct in math skills but I have never actually come out and said the words "270 pounds" to her.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:23 PM   #29  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

My mom, my aunt, and my boy friend who isn't really a boyfriend but could be at some point.

Friends don't know, and my dad doesn't know exactly how much I weigh.

It's hard to articulate the words without feeling so...I don't know, discouraged. I've got no problem in being honest about my ticker weight here, though.

It's quite odd how even though it's not really different, it seems like it is.
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:43 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

Only my doctor and my 3FC friends. For a while, I had been telling a good friend about my progress, but she got into the habit of announcing my stats to strangers - while it was nice that she was so proud of me, I really didn't want to share all that with complete strangers. So, while we had a little heart to heart about it and it was all fine, I just keep things a little more ambiguous these days. It is a little funny, I freely admit, but to me it is as personal as walking around in your underwear (maybe more so)!
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote