Old 09-20-2007, 09:12 AM   #16  

Height: 5'5"

I'm going to reconsider and set a relatively ambitious goal at 2 pounds per week. For Christmas, I want to be 28 pounds down from where I am right now, which at my unofficial scale peek this morning, is 190. So, 162 it is. I am tempted to do 160 because it's a round number, but 2 pounds is a lot. I'll add my goal to my sig this morning! This will get me down to roughly what my high school weight was.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:16 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/133

Height: 5'3''

I am totally in on this! I have the new ticker to prove it! We can do this! Our Christmas outfits are going to look great. Jelly
jellybelly06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:25 AM   #18  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Yes, yes yes! I want to be at least 15 pounds lighter by Christmas. That will put me at 219. Boy, that sure sounds good.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 09-20-2007 at 10:06 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:33 AM   #19  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Since there's a policy about "prizes" and such, maybe we can do this...

If someone out there has any avatar making experience, perhaps they can design an avatar for the challenge and award it to those who make their goal. It could be something simple like a gift box with "I made my goal!" inside it and 2007 Christmas Gift Challenge around it somehow.

Just an idea.... Wish I was gifted enough to make it myself!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:40 AM   #20  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen415 View Post

If someone out there has any avatar making experience, perhaps they can design an avatar for the challenge and award it to those who make their goal. It could be something simple like a gift box with "I made my goal!" inside it and 2007 Christmas Gift Challenge around it somehow.

EXCELLENT idea!! I too wish I were gifted to do this. I can work with graphics for desktop publishing but not much on the HTML stuff. Don't know how all that works. Maybe someone else reading this does...???

Thanks, Jen!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH, I'm so happy to have all these responses!!! This is way too cool!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:53 AM   #21  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

I'm up for the challenge also!! I think I'll join LaurieDawn and go for the 28 lbs though!! That would put me at 199...it sounds like heaven to me!!
PeggyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:55 AM   #22  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen415 View Post

Jen, that's a BRILLIANT idea. I love it!!! Of course, I am talentless and clueless about these things () but nevertheless, I'm sure one of you gals can tackle this.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:10 AM   #23  
Dieting Diva

I am not sure about losing 14 pounds. My next goal weight in my head is 142. It's the number I started high school and I remember getting down to one other time when DD21 was little. I am going to shoot for that goal, because it just seems like where I need to be. It's doable as I have lost 13 pounds in the last two months( warning to all-weight loss can really be slow when you get to the lower numbers).
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:21 AM   #24  
Starting over 3/24/2017

UPDATE!!

It has been approved by Sandi that I send out a small gift to the "biggest loser" during this timeframe. I have updated the original note at the top of this thread with the info.

However, I would absolutely love it if EVERYONE who gets to their Christmas Challenge goal could have the avatar that was so brilliantly suggested by Jen415! So...if any of you know how to do this, this would be totally cool! Of course, I'm not sure how this would work with 3FC's platform, etc., (I'm totally clueless in this department), so we may need to pass this by Admin also.

Anyway...just wanted to give the update!

Last edited by RitzyFritz; 09-20-2007 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:23 AM   #25  
Starting over 3/24/2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirak View Post
I am not sure about losing 14 pounds. My next goal weight in my head is 142. It's the number I started high school and I remember getting down to one other time when DD21 was little. I am going to shoot for that goal, because it just seems like where I need to be. It's doable as I have lost 13 pounds in the last two months( warning to all-weight loss can really be slow when you get to the lower numbers).
Sirak, that is very sensible! It is definitely on an individual basis. We just want as many as can to join in on the fun! :-)

Great reminder about the slowing...it does happen and we need to set our goals accordingly.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:25 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/159

Height: 5'7"

Ok, guys... I'm in... I'd be happy to lose 14 pounds by Christmas, but I'd really LOVE to be in One-der-land by then... It's probably not realistic (especially since we're going on a 15 night cruise in a couple of weeks!), so my goal will be to lose between 14 pounds and the number that takes me to One-der-land (30ish )...
1oftheLuvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:39 AM   #27  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

Okay, I'm in! I'm going to family Christmas in Texas this year, so this will help me every day in driving myself to that goal.

I've bounced up *4* pounds in the last two days! Ugh! I can only assume it's TOM/water weight, but I don't know what to do about setting goals. I'm a slooooooooooow loser usually, it's taken 2 years so far to get 46 pounds off. I think 1 pound a week would be an ambitious goal for me, but I don't know if I should start from where I am now or where I was 2 days ago. Hmmm.

My halfway point is 237.0. That's 12.5 pounds from where I am this morning on the scale. That'll be my goal. Halfway sounds really good!

I've already had my breakfast (protein pudding, protein cereal) and I intend to head out on my bike in just a few minutes to get some miles in. My question to everyone else: what are YOU going to do TODAY to get a wee bit closer to your goal?
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:07 AM   #28  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I just want to clarify about the exchange of ornaments. According to the terms of the forum, there is to be no trading, swapping, exchanging or selling of any kind. We of course understand the desire to do so, and that your intentions were are only good ones and in keeping with the holiday spirit and the general good feeling here amongst one another at the 100lb club. But a rule is a rule, and unfortunately it is impossible for us to pick and choose who gets to bypass those rules. Anything done via PM is of course up to the individual, but please be aware that 3FC can in no way be held responsible for any mishaps or misunderstandings.

Good luck ladies and let the games begin!!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:13 AM   #29  
Starting over 3/24/2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
I just want to clarify about the exchange of ornaments. According to the terms of the forum, there is to be no trading, swapping, exchanging or selling of any kind. We of course understand the desire to do so, and that your intentions were are only good ones and in keeping with the holiday spirit and the general good feeling here amongst one another at the 100lb club. But a rule is a rule, and unfortunately it is impossible for us to pick and choose who gets to bypass those rules. Anything done via PM is of course up to the individual, but please be aware that 3FC can in no way be held responsible for any mishaps or misunderstandings.

Good luck ladies and let the games begin!!!!

We absolutely want to conform to the rules, don't we? I think just participating in the contest, encouraging one another, and getting ourselves 14 lbs thinner is reward enough. Is everyone else with me on this? We are adults; we don't have to have "prizes" to do what we need to do to get healthy. It was a fun thought, but I totally agree with Admin that in a community like this it can get difficult. So...at this time, I will be updating the original note once again, and we will just leave it at well wishes, support, etc. HOWEVER, the avatar idea is absolutely wonderful, and I'm hopeful that either myself or someone can come up with something on this before the end of our contest. This really would be a better solution because then everyone could get something! I will keep you posted on how it goes getting an avatar for this.

Thanks one and all who have chosen to join in. I'm sincerely sorry for the confusion, but this should be the end of all of that.

Now, let the fun begin...............................
Old 09-20-2007, 11:15 AM   #30  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitzyFritz View Post
UPDATE!!
However, I would absolutely love it if EVERYONE who gets to their Christmas Challenge goal could have the avatar that was so brilliantly suggested by Jen415!
I think this is a fantastic idea. I'm not this technologically savvy but hopefully someone can help out.

I putting my goal at -23 pounds (already created my ticker ). This would put me down 50 pounds overall... however, I hope to be able to surpass this by Christmas.

Last edited by gina1221; 09-20-2007 at 11:16 AM.
gina1221 is offline   Reply With Quote