Old 07-30-2007, 08:27 AM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Default Accountability/Planning/Menus July 30-Aug 3

Good morning, 3FC Friends. Please join us in becoming accountable with each other on a daily basis. What are you doing to stay on-plan today? What goals do you have for yourself with your menu, your exercise, your food choice, etc? Let's keep each other accountable and encouraged on our journey to better health and slender bodies.

Today, the scales were happy scales for me. I reached the next decade...230's! Yesterday, I noticed that I was walking with a bit more confidence....and I realized that I felt positively slender. Wow, so much of this battle is really all in our mind, huh? I do have to confess...I was hoping for a 3-4 pound loss. However, I didnt work out every day and I didnt drink my water every day. So, that is my goal for this week.....60 minutes of cardio every day and 64 ounces of water every day. Hopefully, the pounds and the inches will start melting off.....and, if they stay at 1-2 pounds a week.....I'm happy with that. Each pound loss is closer to my goal.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan Monday.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:10 AM   #2  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Congrats!! 230's that is great Rhonda!!
I really need this today, I have been having the blahs lately, Saturday I was totally off plan, and yesterday made it by a shoe string. Today has to be different, I did 32 minutes on the elliptical, when I got on it this morning, at 15 minutes I wanted to quit!! , but I stuck it out and also did some crunches, leg bends, ect... I ate a good breakfast of Kashi Go lean crunch and skim milk, and 5 ounces of grape fruit juice,
Lunch should be a veggie burrito, or tuna and salad, and for dinner it will most likely be a bakes sweet potato with hummus. snacks in the house are fruit( peaches, bananas, papaya), and I also have some Kashi tlc bars, and pretzels, there is no ice cream in the house or chocolate( what I binged on Saturday), so I should be safe!! cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:43 PM   #3  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Hello!

Congratulations, Rhonda! That is awesome.

I officially entered a new decade today as it's weigh-in day. Woo Hoo! I will say that I struggled yesterday with the eating part. I didn't over do it by much, but I was RAVENOUS. I probably went 400 calories over my target, which isn't a big deal considering it's a rare occurence, but it was shades of my prior self. It was the itch to shove food in my face as fast as I could chew it. I kept the quanities low, reached for healthy things, but I couldn't get enough. I eventually stopped, but I wanted to crawl out of my skin to get more. Sigh. As for why I was turning to food, I think I was lonely and bored, plus my best friend has been kind of a jerk lately and yesterday was no exception.

But I forced myself to walk as if nothing was wrong - something I normally wouldn't do. Normally when I screw up foodwise, I want to throw the whole day away (can you say self-destructive behavior?). Today is another day and another chance to get it right. So onward!

Hope everyone has a good day!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:40 PM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I got up and exercised this morning. I am about to lose my walk/run buddy because my son starts football practice next Monday. I decided that it has been such a good thing because now I kind of have it as a habit, so I think I can continue. (I say "kind of" because I know me, and I could drop it like a hot potato given the opportunity!!!)

The rest of my plan hasn't been too good. I am ok with water drinking, but food has been not so great. Not that I'm binging, but I'm not working really hard to make the best choices. Which is probably why I have stalled on weight loss. I know that part of it is that we are starting the transition from summer to going back to school. It is like I am holding my breath until school starts so that we can get back to routine. What a lame excuse!

Anyway, I'm working on it!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/145/145

Way to go Rhonda! That's awesome!

Diane I could have written the second paragraph in your post. That's exactly where I am right now. I really want to lose 4 pounds before school starts but I have to get control of my night snacking. It's nothing really bad, just too much and not really paying attention to every bite. I guess that's one of the reasons the scale was up 1 lb this week. I'm determine this is going to be a better week.
tingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

I think I may join this thread. It sounds interesting. I'm going to log for tomorrow since today is pretty much over.

I'll get up in the morning and go for my run. Breakfast will probably be cereal/milk/blueberries. However, I could end up having a sprouted wheat english muffin, laughing cow wedge, and tomato slices. That's my favorite but on running days I typically need the protein of the cereal and milk to keep me satisfied.

Then, we're headed to Memphis to do a little shopping and over to a friends house to swim. Typically the kids swim for about an hour and then they go to the trampoline and the moms do water exercises for about an hour and then the kids take the pool back. That means lunch is on the road. If I have the English muffin for breakfast then lunch will be a salad. If I have the cereal, then lunch will be turkey on wheat (I try not to go too crazy on the baked bread goods because I love them so darn much), with lettuce, tomato, spinach, bell pepper, black pepper, and a squirt of mustard.

On to piano lessons for my daughter and then stop at the market for the stuff to prepare dinner. (I've been shopping daily....it prevents an abundance of food in the house which I've found very helpful.) Dinner will be turkey meatloaf, sweet potatoes, zucchini, and a salad of baby romaine.

I will also throw in a couple of snacks. I usually don't have those planned out. I've got fruit, southbeach diet cereal bars, almonds, and yogurt so I'll have plenty of choices and shouldn't have a problem coming up with something that just hits the "spot". I find that if I keep that "spot" hit each day, I don't feel the urge to binge...looking for the something that's "just what I want". Make sense?

So, I think that is my tomorrow. Hope you all have a great one!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:27 PM   #7  
Never want to go back!

Please do join in, Tricia!! Sounds like you have a fun day ahead. Enjoy!
Old 07-30-2007, 09:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

Accountability is something I think I will need soon as well.
How about you girls/guys how many weeks you were "perfect" before urges began comming back?
I am scared of them crippling in, but it is unavoidable as I understand. I am trying to think how I can prepapre for them and what I can do to stay strong.
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:38 PM   #9  
Never want to go back!

I can't say I've ever been perfect, though I dream of it! When the feelings first came back was about 2 months after I started, but they aren't consistently there. When I can fight them off and keep going I get a second wind. And when the scale moves down I feel like nothing can stop me. So I wouldn't worry that the urges will come back for good, but more that they will pop in from time to time. If you can stay as strong as possible through them, at least for me, they are gone again as quickly as they came.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:28 AM   #10  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Yesterday went well, I stayed on plan and exercised, today so far so good, I worked out, and ate a good breakfast and plan to stay on plan, I am going to throw a sweet potato in the oven soon to eat for Lunch, and dinner will be some fish and salad. I am staying on plan today!!
Cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:45 AM   #11  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Everyone! Hope you are having a great on-plan day.

Tricia!

CBET, I've never had perfection...the urges have never left me...but, I am learning to handle them a bit better. I try to keep myself alert and never become complacent because I know the cravings can overtake me at any time if I'm not prepared.

Well, my houseguests just left and I'm feeling very sad. Yep, you guessed it....my first thought was to head for the kitchen to find some comfort. Thank God I recognize what is happening and I've been able to keep myself under control. Today, I plan on getting that 60 minutes of cardio and drinking the water. Now that the house is back to normal...or as normal as school vacation time can be!.....I have no more excuses.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:09 AM   #12  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Well, football practice started this week rather than next week, so I have already lost my early morning work out buddy, my 11 yr old son. It was a little lonely out there, but I can't make him do both. So, he'll join me when football season is over. I told him that I would be working hard so that I can pass him up and make him work harder!

Everything else is going ok, food and water. I'm a little overwhelmed right now with lots of activity with the kids and with school coming up soon. It is really easier to have quick bad meals rather than quick good-for-you meals!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

HELLO EVERYONE!
Ok, well the festival was great! I had a fantastic time...well I could have done without the sunburn but hey, thats what I get being the Irish/Scottish girl that I am....the sun = pain. Anyway I survived, and I do have to say that it is good to be back to a place with flushing toilets and running water... but life is so much better on the Ridge that I already can't wait until next year!
As far as food goes while I was there it was a complete bust. I wouldn't say that the food itself was crazy portion wise but there just wasn't much healthy stuff going on. And the drinking...well forget it... it was beer and drum circles all week.

On a better note I didn't add on any pounds despite the beer and not so great for you food... could have had something to do with hauling myself around on foot up and down the mountain all day and night long in the 90* heat....I do feel like I did some nice toning in my butt and legs with that. I got to hang with some of my greatest friends, hear some really good music, party like a rock star a bit and even braved a bathing suit in public....yes that's right a bathing suit.....a real one. When the swimming came around I just looked around and realized I wasn't the only girl with some junk in my trunk there and I wasn't the girl with the most junk in my trunk so I figured if they can do it then so can I....the swimming was totally worth it.

Anyway today I'm back on hardcore plan mode...I'm in desperate need of some 'food detox' after the beer and junk food....oh and yes...the fried dough... which I had only because I have it maybe once every 2 years if that... I've been craving nothing but vegetables so I'm stalking up! I'm gonna hit the gym tonight for the first time in about 2 weeks, but I think it will be ok because it hasn't been 2 weeks of sitting on my butt.

Ok here goes....woot for veggies and lean protein! oh and water....lots and lots of water... I don't think I want to see beer again for a long long time!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:32 PM   #14  
Never want to go back!

Sounds like a great time, Sunshine!! Glad you had fun.

Diane, I'm really proud of you for getting out there even without your son! You kind of glossed over that part, but that's so cool. Doing things alone that you're used to doing with others feels weird at first, but in no time you wonder why you thought it was a big deal in the first place. Here's a for you!

Rhonda, good for you for recognizing a reason to eat before you gave in! Ever vigilant, right?

And Cheryl, sounds like you are on a roll! Keep up the great work! And P.S. I LOVE sweet potatoes. Yum....

As for me, I ate really well yesterday and walked even when I tried to give myself excuses not to. Just to give you ideas for vegetables, for dinner I put a little broccoli, some sliced zucchini, and some halved mushrooms on a baking sheet, gave it a quick spray of olive oil Mazola spray and a very light sprinkling of shaved parmesan and baked in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes. SOOO tasty and I ate a load of it, which was super filling and very low in calories.

Another thing I did yesterday was write down all the upcoming milestones for this journey next to my weight loss chart in my journal. It gives me stuff to look forward to. I put things like at what weight I will no longer be obese, the weight at which I will no longer be overweight, the weight at which I will have lost 50, 75,100,125, etc. pounds... It helped me realize there are so many things to look forward to along the way instead of just focusing on this far away goal number I can hardly imagine right now. Anyway, it was fun and motivating and I thought I'd share.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:43 PM   #15  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I'm back!!!!! We had a great time, but it was SO hot! As for food, well, I did terrible. I ate so much junk and felt icky. I did walk a lot, but the scale is up 1lb. I have to say though, I am surprised it isn't more than that! The good news is, I made a quick trip to the grocery store and bought lots of veggies and made an awesome salad. I didn't make it back to the gym today, but that's ok. Once the sun goes down a bit I plan on taking the dogs for a walk.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote