Old 06-12-2007, 10:03 AM   #1  
beth

S/C/G: 344.8/see ticker/299

Height: 5'5"

Default A Huge Bump - need help over it

Well - I knew it would happen.... the first major bump in the road......

I had a wedding to go to this past weekend - and I bought a dress. It fit ok, and I didn't hate it ! (big step for me!) My husband said he hasn't seen me that happy about an outfit in a long time. The wedding was fabulous - and I really felt good that day

And then yesteerday I uploaded the pictures....... I cannot believe how big I am!! And - by the way - major pms is not helping things. I ate a chocolate bar yesterday - and 1/2 pint of B&J frozen yogurt. The point being that I ate them because I was sad.

I don't want to hate myself - and now when I think about the wedding - which was such a beautiful, happy day - all I can think of is how horrible I looked I want to be able to look at the pictures of my family celebrating together & having fun without feeling gross!

I know I need to turn this around - but I just feel so horrible right now.... I put my errors of yesterday behind me, and am on track this morning so far. But its taking a lot of my strength to do so. The past few weeks I've been in my groove - and happy about doing it. And today I wanted to just bury & feed my feelings. I didn't - but I wanted to

Any tips about how do you get past this?!?!?!
gr8smyl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:14 AM   #2  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

Hi Beth,
I kinda went through the same thing. Saw myself on my stepson's wedding video-YUK!!!!!! That was 3 months ago. I guess we just have to remember the great time and try to look forward. That's probably easier said than done.
Shoot-you already have lost 20lbs-that's awesome.
Try this-I go to the local Goodwill. You will be amazed and some of the beautiful clothes that they have. I buy sizes 6-10. LOAD UP!!!! Get them dry cleaned and hang them in the "goal side" of my closet (which is getting bigger). NOW-I have a financial investment that I don't want to blow. So when you get down in the dumps, you can go look at all of those fabulous clothes that you have-"voila" no more cravings.......
Chin up dearie!!!!
-Jan
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I hate seeing pictures of myself, especially when my mental picture of me is way smaller than the large woman I see in them. I try to use that as a motivator and tell myself as long as I continue to eat healthy and stay on track I won't EVER have to see that large woman in those pictures again. Try to use them as tools for you to stay motivated and on track. Think of them as some great during pics of your weight loss success.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

Take the pictures of the wedding and put them next to a picture of you at your biggest. You'll see the difference and a beautiful motivating sun will pop right out from behind that cloud. Heck, hang them on the fridge for extra umph on your blue days. 20 pounds is a lost to have lost so far and you should be so so so very proud of yourself!
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:27 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

C'mon now. I bet you DID look beautiful at the wedding and I bet you will look beautiful when you hit all your mini goals along the way to your final one. You have lost 20 lbs already! That is terrific!

I *know* that I can't possibly look "all that" at my current weight, but I *feel* good right now and I concentrate on how I feel and the changes that are going on. Thats how I get passed the speed bumps in my path. I also dress to flatter the me of the moment. It makes me feel special and gives me some attitude when I am out and about. Hold your head high girl and get back OP and you will get there.
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:33 AM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Take the pictures of the wedding and put them next to a picture of you at your biggest.
AMEN! this is the only way for me to see progress. I was nearly 300 pounds at my heaviest and now i'm down about 60 but i'm still a BIG girl and i still LOOK huge.... but if i look at 235 next to 296 I sure can see what a big huge change i've made.

this is forever and it's not going to happen overnight.... we need to soldier on and do it one day at time...

i may be huge but i am stunning, sexy and beautiful and so are you.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:47 AM   #7  

Hey Beth--

Seems like everyone else has already said what I'd suggest--the comparison between where you were and where you are now is excellent. And when you think of the wedding, truly think of how much fun it was, NOT what you looked like. Every time that thought comes into your mind, immediately replace it with the thought of how beautiful and fun it was.

I am guessing that people just saw you beaming and that's what THEY saw.

I'm in awe of your 20 pounds down. That rocks!

Have a lovely day :-)

bree
come watch me shrink!
freezeframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:48 AM   #8  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Beth - I can totally relate to this post.

About six weeks into my lifestyle change, I'd lost nearly 30 lbs and felt terrific! Then I saw photographs, and I was all "OMG! NO! Who stuck the 'fat' me in there?!" I was very low about it.

But we soldier on - it IS an excellent idea to compare photos (I couldn't see the difference in mine, but people around me assured me it was there!), and to remind yourself that those pounds lost are gone - FOREVER!

And before you know it, like me, that 20lbs is 30, then 40... and suddenly you DO look different, even to you! I promise you it's true

hang in there

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:55 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

what i did was took copies of the fat me and pasted into a paint document then took a copy of the thinner me and pasted it NEXT to it. and saved it...

i keep doing it. and i never tire of it...
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 10:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

It is hard to see our own progress even tho we know the scale has gone done. I walk my dog every day, the other day was sunny and warm and I was out walking my cockapoo and I saw a shadow of a skinny person with a dog , it was ME! now I know I am not skinny but I am 31 pounds lighter but I don't always see it even tho I know it is true.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:02 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

You have to see that you're a MUCH harsher critic on yourself than anyone else could ever be. I bet when your family saw you at the wedding, they were thinking about how GOOD you looked losing 20 lbs! That's a MAJOR feat! 20 lbs is awesome, and you're on the road to a healthy and happier you. Think about how happy you were at the wedding, and how being thinner made you feel. You felt good and that's what's important. No one is going to remember what size you are, they're going to remember you.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:46 AM   #12  

Beth,

Just sending hugs! We've all been there (I'm still there!) I utterly hate getting my picture taken. Recently, I've stated crouching down behind my son and just peeking around his shoulder in pictures (he's seven) so that most of my body is hidden-how sad!

Was the frozen yogurt chocolate chip cookie dough, brownie, or the one where they mix both those flavors together I'm trying to keep that out of the house!

Congrats on the twenty pounds lost-awesome!

Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:04 PM   #13  
beth

S/C/G: 344.8/see ticker/299

Height: 5'5"

Thank you ALL SOOOOOOO MUCH for your suggestions & words of encouragement!!! I really appreciate it so much!! It makes me feel so much better knowing that there are people out there who feel like I do!!

Though I have no pictures of me 20 lbs heavier (I'm usually behind the camera taking this pics - on purpose!!) - I will use these as a benchmark going forward!!

I'm not giving up...... I promise
gr8smyl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:31 PM   #14  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8smyl99 View Post

I'm not giving up...... I promise
Of course you're not giving up. We simply won't stand for it.

I understand where you are coming from loud and clear. Pictures were H-E-double hockey sticks for me. But like the others have said, we are our own harshest critics. I'm sure you really did look lovely.

I would take that anger or whatever you want to call it and USE it to your adantage. Whenever you feel the need to go "off plan" conjour up those images and those feelings. And then step away from the "bad" stuff. You don't have to be heavy if you don't want to be. You CAN do this. Yes, you need strength and determination and commitment. And you've got it. Dig deep. IT'S THERE!!!!!

I know for me time flies. One week, then 2 and then a month and then another. Hang in there, stick with it and before you know it you will be considerably lighter and taking pictures, going to weddings, walking up a flight of stairs, clothes shopping, parties, housework, EVERYTHING will be much more enjoyable for you.

You are off to a FANTASTIC start. 20 lbs lost is a NICE chunk. You should be proud of your accomplishments. Losing one pound is difficult, you've done that 20 times. You can do it another 20 and then another 20 and before you know it ..............
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:42 PM   #15  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

I can relate too. Last week I was able to see past my stomach in my only mirror over the bathroom sink, and almost cried when I saw my thighs, and don't even get me started on pictures, I hardly have any pics from the past 20 yrs, because I am so embarrased of how I look. I have to use this as a encouragement for me to stick to my plan and don't get off of it, and when I do, just get back on plan and keep it up.
I am PMS also and ate 200-300 calories more than yesterday, my clothes that where loose last week are snug , but I have to tell myself that this is not permanant and it will get better. You can do this!! You have already lost 20 lbs, you can do more!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote