Old 01-18-2007, 08:13 AM   #31  

I can't make it to the gym today so I have to be very careful, these days ususally kill me! I'm going to stop the diet soda and get back to my water and I'm going to spend at least one hour on "me" today!!!

Rockinrobin -- I don't know about you but even my worst days now are better than they were before a diet! (Used to be the whole box of cookies, now a bad day is probably 10 of them, etc.).
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:28 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 364/364/140

Height: 5 feet

I will eat my planned foods today.
I will drink all of my water today..yesterday was the first time that I ever drank all the water that I am supposed to drink and lived in the restroom!!!!
I will really look at myself in the mirror.

Happy healthy day to all
DramaQueenLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:44 AM   #33  
Fit by 50!

S/C/G: 265/262/165

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everybody!

Thanks, Gals, for the breakfast protein ideas. I came to the conclusion long ago that I need protein for breakfast to keep me going or I'm hungry in an hour.

NESunshine - my heart goes out to you! Our cold snap is over for the time being, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Yesterday I did pretty well. Exceeded my calorie intake because I consciously chose to have a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. The rest of the day was fine except for a little broccoli binge (can you believe that?) It just tasted so good last night I almost ate a whole head of it!

Lost 3 pounds!!!

Today:

1) Keep calories between 1800 - 2000.
2) Keep fat & cholesterol & sodium under 100% RDA
3) Stay conscious with my eating.
4) Exercise - whatever I can do. I'm not quite geared up yet for this. It's coming, though!
Nancydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:15 AM   #34  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancydream View Post
Exceeded my calorie intake because I consciously chose to have a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks.
Hi Nancy,

First things first....Congratulations on your weight loss! Regarding Starbucks, have you tried a skinny latte with sugar free flavoring? Yum Yum! I love to go to Barnes & Noble and browse the books with a 'special' beverage. I used to get the Frozen drinks, but can't have the sugar anymore. The skinny lattes are a tastey option.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:30 AM   #35  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hi everyone

I've got what could be a big night planned - my parents and I are going out to dinner and the theatre tonight. We're going to see Guys and Dolls, and it should be awesome - the production has had brilliant reviews

So I'm going to:

Make sure I drink all my water at work
Make the best choice I can from the restaurant menu
Use the stairs rather than the lifts at work since it's unlikely I'll have time to exercise tonight.
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:40 PM   #36  
Quitting is NOT an option

S/C/G: 204/153.8/138

Height: 5' 5"

Evening all'

Robin; I think you did GREAT, only 3 cookies . . . GREAT WILL POWER . . . I think you did awesome controlling the URGE!!

Rhonda; yes, get a good nights sleep!

Nicolen; have a GREAT time tonight, sounds like fun

Shelby; for reminding me, I need to take some "me" time . . . tomorrow . . . I will do that

Nancy; Oh my gatos . . . 3 pounds is SOOO awesome
Did you know 3 pounds is 12, yes TWELVE sticks of butter . . .

Tomorrow's plan:
Water, crunches, eat healthy, 30 min exercise, (maybe more) AND
some "ME" time

Everyone have a Fabulous Friday.
LostBombera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:08 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I had another great day, thats 5 in a row! 5 down, 23 to go! I finally figured out a reward for myself, it's going to be a haircut and possible dye. I had my weigh in this morning and was prepared to be disappointed, but NOPE! My scale was kind - and I got a 5 pound loss!! It's nice to see hard work paying off

So my commitments for tomorrow..
1) Keep to my meal plan,
2) Only drink water, tea and coffee.. quitting pop is HARD for me, oh lordy, its so hard for me.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 07:45 AM   #38  

Aimee-5 pounds that is great keep up the good work it is paying off.
Well my plan for today is:
1) Eat only my planned meals & snacks
2) Drink all of my water today
3) Do some kind of exercise

Happy Friday to all Hugs
Old 01-19-2007, 07:56 AM   #39  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Good morning ladies!!!!

Nancy, I am SOOOO happy for you, 3 bigs ones - GONE, history!

Nicolen, what a lovely evening, hope you enjoyed.

Swimgirl, OMG - 5 pounds, FIVE POUNDS!!!!! Woohoo!!!

Girlygirl, nuts are a big problem for me as well, had to keep away from them for awhile until I got the control thing down pat, oh wait I don't have the control thing down pat - still have to be very careful around those things. Oops.

Had a MUCH better day yesterday, stayed away from the evil cookies and the apple crisp. Amazing how one day you're dying for the stuff and the very next you could care less that they exist. Ummm, I much prefer the could care less option, makes life MUCH easier. So all in all it was a very commited day.

For today, gonna keep it simple:

NO NIBBLING, NO NIBBLING, NO NIBBLING
Eat well
Drink well
Exercise well
Remember that I want to be thin more then I want the food

Umm, CC, where ARE you??? Everything okay? I sure hope so, please pop in and let us know how you're doing.

Have a great day ladies.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:29 AM   #40  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Everyone! Hope your day is going well and you're staying commited!

Shelby and Lost Bombera - did you get your 'me' time yesterday? Are you nice and relaxed today?
Nicolen - the theatre...how exciting! How was dinner and the show?
Aimee - Congratulations on the scale victory! Nothing like seeing the scales go down to pump you up!
Robin - glad the temptations have let up a bit...and, congratulations! You made it through and are still commited. This is what they mean by lifestyle and not a diet, right?

Woke an hour before the alarm this morning with a horrible, horrible headache. I was dizzy and nauseous, too. Took medicine and didn't help at all. Drank a small cup of skim milk an hour later...within 5 minutes, my headache was gone! I think my blood sugar went too low because I forgot my evening snack last night. My daughter got me playing one of her X-Box games, Viva Pinata, and I lost track of time. Yes, I'm 42 and playing X-Box and, I have to tell you, it was a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Today's commitments -
1)7-8 hours sleep tonight.
2) Stay on plan (no nuts!) and measure everything.
3) 45 minutes of cardio
Did 60 minutes on the treadmill yesterday and did go to bed early. Stayed away from the nuts and didnt eat anything that wasn't on my plan, however, didnt eat everything I should have.

Today's commitments -
1) Dont eat too little - all meals and snacks. Going on date with hubby tonight. Will plan ahead so can stay on plan.
2) 45 minutes of cardio
3) Stay off the scales until Monday weigh-in. I can hear them calling me from across the house!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:57 AM   #41  
Fit by 50!

S/C/G: 265/262/165

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies!

Thanks for all the encouragement yesterday!

Yesterday was a wash, food-wise, however. I was asked out to lunch and was still in the mindset of "Oh boy, time to pig out". I think I must have been closer to a total of 3000 calories yesterday due to that choice. No matter. I'm aware of the issue and will put that behind me and move on!

Hey Rhonda - I could have ordered the sugar-free, but I have those coffee drinks so seldom, I like the real deal when I order it. I may need to rethink that choice, though, so thanks for the idea.

Okay, so here's today's:

1) Stay between 1800-2000 calories
2) Drink 64 oz water
3) Find that WATP exercise tape so I can begin Monday

Have a wonderful, wonderful Friday, All!
Nancydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:07 PM   #42  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Morning everyone!

Guys and Dolls was absolutely awesome - it was put on by a local company, so I won't mention the names of the cast as you won't know them at all. Dinner was also really nice - we got some bread and an antipasto platter between the three of us. I avoided all the salami anod other fatty sausages as well as (drumroll please) the cheese, so I wouldn't have been over my points by too much, if at all yesterday. I ordered a coffee instead of a dessert and had a bite each of my parents' dessert which left me really satisfied.

Today I'm going to:

exercise - go for at least an hour's walk
drink 2L of water
don't go over my points and preferably be one or 2 under.
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:18 PM   #43  

Nicolen -- very nice job. So much nicer to enjoy the company your with than to feel over feed when you leave a restaurant!! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

I did get my "me time" yesterday, which is awesome. I actually had the time to read a magazine front to back (little things!!). My sister is coming for the weekend -- she's like having another kid in my house, so it will be so much fun, I'm really looking forward to it. And the nice thing is the break in routine so I doubt I will overeat. I've really tried to stay away from my friends that were my "eating buddies" at least for now. I have a set of other mom's I used to go out to dinner with once a month, we'd order ridiculous amounts of food and dessert. I don't have the strength to go anywhere with them right now.

Commitments a little late for today --

Exercise (Done )

Went grocery shopping and bought really good food and no junk!! (I am amazed how expensive the fresh foods are and the junk is so cheap -- no wonder so many people are overweight -- it's not like they reward your grocery bill for eating right!!)

Not to eat after dinner

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 09:07 PM   #44  
Quitting is NOT an option

S/C/G: 204/153.8/138

Height: 5' 5"

Evening all

Well, it's been kind of a putzy day . . . didn't feel like doing anything . . . ABSOLULTELY no energy . . . maybe I overdid the exercise yesterday and I didn't sleep al that well . . . and I am bushed, (it's only 8:00) I got my exercise in, but did an easy yoga tape and only did 30 min of it . . . at least I did it, an I over compensated yesterday . . . so I guess it all evens out. I didn't even want chocolate . . . now go figure that one out . . .

Hope everyone is doing OK

Water - Day 19 - not a problem, I think I'm set here
Eat healthy - Day 19 - good, but not a habit yet, craving mangos today
Crunches - Day 19 - no enthusiasm with these but they got done, maybe because I didn't want chocolate today . . . I always do these when I want chocolate, before I eat the chocolate
Exercise - Day 13 - done, minimally, but done

OK, I think an early bedtime for me tonight, tomorrow I will try to have my disposition adjusted

Night everyone
LostBombera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:13 AM   #45  

Good Mornin

Everyone is doing great!!!
Today for me:
1) I will look at myself and really see me
2) I will stay as on plan as I can today
3) I will not smoke (quit last night)
4) I will drink all of my water (everytime I get a craving I drink cold water)

Have a hapy and healthy day