Old 01-06-2007, 05:08 PM   #16  

Hi Trazey

Not sure if you or any of the other would agree with this but it works fine for me.

I cook my omeletes or any other egg I like the night before and heat them in the microwave at work the next morning. Boiled eggs heat a cup of water and then drop the egg in it for a few minutes and it's heated through. I have even read on a few boards a recipe for I think it's called egg muffins or something like that. You scramble enough eggs and whatever fillings you like onions, peppers, cheese whatever fill muffin tin and bake. You freeze and then you take out as you need and heat in microwave.

Hope this helps
CIRCLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:23 PM   #17  
MeoW

S/C/G: 275/215/160

Height: 5'7

that eggs in the muffin tin thing is a really good idea!! thanks, i will be using that when i go back to work!
cupcake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:54 PM   #18  
What's this button do?

S/C/G: 323/282/150

Height: 5'6"

I love the egg idea too.

My breakfast. I wake up hungry, and I don't like to think when I wake up, and cooking requires (a modicum of) thought, so cooking is out. I also hate variety in the morning. 99% of the time breakfast is bran flakes in soy milk with a banana sliced on top. I do okay switching to shredded wheat if I have to, but if I'm out of bananas, watch out!
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:11 PM   #19  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

I have long cooking thick oatmeal every day....and i think thats what has been letting me lose weight
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 10:10 PM   #20  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

I HAVE to eat breakfast. If I don't, I turn into the craziest, spaciest, meanest witch ever! It ain't pretty! Even if I'm not really hungry, I force myself to cram down something so I don't have the blood sugar spike.

But I don't always eat breakfast foods. Eat what sounds appealing. Somedays that's eggs, others, it's leftovers from dinner. Long as it fits into your plan and gets ya going, who cares if it's "real" breakfast food?
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 10:35 PM   #21  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I don't like to waste time cooking in the morning, but I LOVE having my breakfast smoothie after I work out. Since I just exercised, I'm hot and ready for a nice, cold smoothie. I just use 1 small frozen banana, about 1.5-2 cups skim milk, and 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder mixed up in my Magic Bullet cup (which I love because with the Magic Bullet, I can ensure I only make 1 serving). The protein keeps me full, I get quite a bit of nutrition, and it's just plain yummy, quick, and easy!

Howie/Susie--there are some breads that aren't full of crap that are also lower in calories. I buy Nature's Own bread, which is 100% whole grain AND all natural, and it only has 50 calories per slice--no HFCS, no "enriched" anything, not high in sodium, etc. Just an FYI
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:08 AM   #22  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

I forgot about smoothies...I should have them for breakfast. I usually have one in the afternoon. I'm on Phase 1 of Southbeach, so no fruit for me yet. My smoothies are made with silken tofu, lowfat yogurt and lowfat, lowsugar soymilk. I can add whatever flavorings I'l like...I've used a couple of sprinkles of sugar free jello mix, vanilla flavoring and sugar free rasberry syrup. Yum Yum!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:36 AM   #23  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I have a breakfast smoothie every morning although I'm thinking of mixing it up. I recently bought steel cut oats and I think I've figured out how to cook them. I cooked them in the rice cooker today but that didn't work so well (there was a little spill). I think I am going to do the crocker pot method next time.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:50 AM   #24  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

I don't eat eggs and I am not really into most other breakfast foods. Sometimes I eat fruit, or a small sandwich, or an egg white omelette, vegetables with a little salad dressing. I also don't eat breakfast if I am not actually hungry. I haven't suffered for it, but if you're on a program that requires it I would look at your plan, maybe have a more lunchy type of breakfast and adjust all your other meals. Or something from the snack portion and work from there.

I think the word breakfast means the first meals of the day, no rules on what the meal has to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinymouse View Post
I do not like any of the traditional breakfast food items and I am very rebellious against the idea that breakfast food has to be different from any other food. Today I had half of a tuna sandwich for breakfast. Sometimes I will cook in the evening, "dinner food" and just put it in the fridge to save for breakfast.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:13 PM   #25  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I will have to check out Natures Own. Sounds like a winner. Thanks for the heads up.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:30 AM   #26  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

hehe, thank goodness for this thread because we went on a trip over the weekend, and now it's Monday morning and I'm ready for my breakfast smoothie...but I am OUT of milk Time to find something else for breakfast today
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:36 AM   #27  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

I work out in the morning and am usually very hungry when I wake up, too. I have found that cooked oatmeal with fat-free yogurt and fresh fruit keeps me satified until lunchtime. If I have regular cereal- even Raisin Bran- I tend to get hungry much sooner.

Another breakfast that I like is leftovers from dinner! I had grilled chicken with vegetables the other day with a bit of brown rice. VERY YUMMY, healthy, and filling!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:48 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

My breakfasts I don't really have to have the variety I want the rest of the day so I will alternate between oatmeal (not the instant) with 1 tbs. of peanut butter and splenda for sweetener and drink either 8 oz. of lowfat milk or 4 oz. of OJ with 4 oz. of water added.

I'll make an egg white omelet (not sure who here told me about them). I use one whole egg and 3 egg whites at 1 oz. of cheese (I don't mess with the lowfat ones) and some deli ham. If I have peppers in the house I'll throw those in as well and have a glass of milk or OJ

The oatmeal with PB is around 250 calories
And the omelet is around 280 calories

Cereal and milk doesn't last with me very long either.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:12 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Kashi hot cereal mixed w/ 1/2 cup fresh blueberries or blackberries and 1/8 cup crushed walnuts; microwave in 2/3 cup water for 2 minutes. Yummy and extremely filling (about 300 cal).
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:24 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Low-fat ricotta cheese with 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla.. yummy

Two soft-boiled eggs with one slice of bread

Egg beaters with one slice of bacon on a slice of white bread

Light yogurt with a scoop of whey protein
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote