With so many weight loss programs out there, it can be hard finding a fat burning plan that works. Weight loss doesn’t have to be rocket science. This guide will walk you through fat burning foods, cardio exercises, and a 4-day fat burning plan to get you started.
How to Burn Fat
To burn fat, simply speed up your metabolism. All it takes is the right amount of diet and exercise. Always remember that to burn fat, you must burn more calories than you eat. A faster metabolism will help you burn fat faster.
Here are some other tips:
- Exercise first thing in the morning-before breakfast.
- Never skip breakfast. Eat right after you exercise or your metabolism will slow down.
- Eat 4-5 more meals throughout the day. These meals should be smaller portions than you would eat in 3 meals.
- Drink lots of water. Cold water, in particular, burns extra calories as your body warms it.
- For even faster fat burning, exercise again 4-5 hours after your morning exercise.
- Don’t eat carbs before bed. Your body converts the excess energy into fat while you sleep.
Fat Burning Foods
For the best results, eat foods high in fiber. These are the best fat burning fruits and vegetables:
- Salad greens
Cardio Exercises and Strength Training
Cardio exercises are fat burning exercises, but strength training is also important. Muscles help you burn fat. Here are some examples of some fat burning exercises:
- Jumping jacks
- High knee jogging in place
- Torso twists
- Side bends and reaches
Fat burns faster and your metabolism stays sped up when you exercise at low intensity for longer durations. Don’t push yourself too hard, but try to exercise at a pace that you can keep up for awhile. Try to work out for 30 minutes to an hour.
The 4-Day Fat Burning Plan
- Day 1: Monday – Jog/walk for 30 minutes. Eat a breakfast full of fat burning foods. Later in the day, do some strength training exercises working your upper body. Some good examples will be push-ups, torso twists, and side bends and reaches.
- Day 2: Tuesday – Jog/walk for 30 minutes. Eat breakfast. Later in the day, do some jumping jacks.
- Day 3: Wednesday – Jog/walk for 30 minutes. Eat breakfast. Today will be strength training again. This time work your lower body with squats, lunges, or jog in place making your knees reach up high.
- Day 4: Thursday – Jog/walk for 30 minutes. Eat breakfast. Do jumping jacks later in the day.
For the weekend, rest up. The body needs time to recover. Continue to jog/walk in the morning and stay active, but don’t push yourself. Use this guide to discover a fat burning plan that works for you.