YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 01-01-2006, 09:54 PM   #16  

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Today was our last Christmas Celebration. WHEW! Thank goodness it's over! I don't go back to WW until Tuesday but I plan to start back on plan tomarrow the best I can while cleaning and dealing with DH being home (I love him to death, but serisouly somedays it's easier to have him at work LOL).

Jen-Sorry DH is in a mood. Isn't funny how men often feel like they are putting in so much more effort? They take for granted the things we pick up automatically and when they have to hold down the fort it's such an event! I'm sorry to hear about your off days. But hey we all have them, we all need them. But you are on teh right track shrugging them off and getting back to your plan. I hope your wlaking will get easier once spring arrives, it's so much easier just to head out the door and not have to worry about bundling up and stuff it makes it take so much longer.

Nikki-WTG!! Three pounds, you are AWESOME!!!!!!!

Both kids ended up coming down with fevers, finally that's gone and a nasty cold has replaced it. Which of course I caught, if there is a germ within 10 miles I have it LOL But colds I can deal with. I should be in bed since I have had like 12 hours of sleep in three days, but I cna't breathe and I waiting for this useless cold med. to wear off then I can take some nyquil or something. Mayeb just some cough syrup.

I changed my tracker. I took $100 and put it in my bank, gramma bought me a cookie jar which now serves as my bank LOL. I'm not sure my offcial weight but somewhere around 209, so that's $75 and I added in the extra to cover exercise and to motivate me.

Anyway looking forward to a greta New Year!!!!!
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:20 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies-

I hope you all had an amazing New Years. I certainly did I am so in love. Anyway, I did pretty good with eating. I had chinese 2 days in a row but soup ad only a little meat. I also had a burger yesterday but that was all the food for 2 days. I am bloated from the salt today and still showig a 2 lb loss. I am psyched to weigh in on Wed and see if I lose the 4 or 5 lbs I wanted to by Wed. My boyfriend wants to lose weight too. His goal is 40 lbs so we are going to try to encourage eachother.

love and light
Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:42 AM   #18  

Nikki-That's great that you are doing so well. How nice it will be to have someone to work with you. That will be a great support system!

Well I am off to clean Fun fun! Have a great day!
Old 01-02-2006, 12:16 PM   #19  

Misty -

It will be nice but he doesn't want me to lose to much more so it may be a struggle as wel. We shall see!

I hope your cleaning went well

Nikki
Old 01-03-2006, 08:19 AM   #20  

Good Morning Girls!

I sound like a frog LOL My daughter does too it's so funny.

Anyway I go back to WW tonight. That will be nice. According to my home scale I am at 206, which really how can I complain about that when I have eaten my way through two weeks of holiday mayhem? I was 205 at WW the week following Thanksgiving. So only being up a pound or so is ok with me.

Nikki-It can be hard when other's have opinions on how much we should weigh. I think in some ways they want us to know they love us and our bodies as they are, which is so nice. But it's a very personal issue and you have to choose the weight that feels good for you. Right now my ultimate goal is 135, but I have a hard time pictureing that as even as a muscular and healthy child I didn't weigh 135. It seems to thin to me. So I may get to 140 145 and be happy with that. So see how it goes and find where you feel good inside your skin. I am sure you BF will be understanding, as long as it's a healthy weight for you. It' snot like are trying to weigh 99 pounds or something.

Well I am off to have some breakfast. I have a ton to do today Have a fabulous day everyone
Old 01-04-2006, 08:37 AM   #21  

Hi!

Where is everyone? Must be everyoneis busy working out

Well I went to WW last night. I am up to 209, which is more like what I would have expected. I weighed myself at home and my home scale said 209 later in the day as well. WW is doing a semi annual membership, for one price you get 6 months of meetings, so I would save $103 over 6 months. DH said I could do that if I wanted. So I think I will.

I habe a really bad headache that started yesterday so I didn't get going real early this morning. But, I suppose I better start ow even though my head is pounding. I have so much to do. DH still hasn't fixe dmy washer and I don't care I am doing laundry anyway If I keep it up it will probably rot the floor and teh washer will fall into the basement. But hey we'll have clean clothes LOL.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-04-2006, 08:59 AM   #22  

Hi Misty-

I am glad to hear you are thinking about doing WW for the 6 month span. I think that wil be great for you. I am sorry about your gain but I know you can lose it.
I am weighing in at 11am today. I expect to see a loss but I'm not sure how much. I got stressed on Monday and have not been eating regularly. We shall see.

Love and Light
Nikki
Old 01-04-2006, 09:10 AM   #23  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Morning all. Well I weighed in this morning and I have stayed at the same weight. Not that I am upset about that because really my eating was not great this past week. Dh and I had a huge cheese and cracker snack fest one night, yesterday I had peanut butter and toast for bf, Big Mac and fries at lunch and meatloaf, rice and broccoli covered with cheese sauce for dinner. So no wonder I haven't lost, more surprised that I didn't gain! Anyway I know the areas I need to improve so hopefully next week I will have a better report.

Misty - sorry to hear about the gain but I know it will come right back off once you get back into WW. It really worked well for you so I know it will again.

Nikki - fingers crossed that your weigh-in this morning will be a good one.

Take care all, have a great day!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 01:11 PM   #24  

Jen- Hang in there I know you can do this.

Well ladies, I weighed in at 11 am and weighed at 161.2 . Out of habit I weighed myself again a little while later. I always weigh when I get out of the shower. I weighed in at 159.6 that time. I decided to stick with the 161.2 for my signatures. I am happy regardless a 2.2 lb loss is a good way to start the new year. I am looking forward to getting back to 157 by next week.

Love and Light
Nikki
Old 01-04-2006, 05:30 PM   #25  

Hi all!

Jen-It's alway shard to get back on track, you'll do better this coming wekk.

Nikki-WTG! Great Job!!! You'll be breaking that 160 mark soon girl.

Have a great night everyone!!
Old 01-04-2006, 10:58 PM   #26  

Well, I weighed in today, and I lost 6 pounds since last wednesday!! I was really surprised, but excited too, it is a great way to start out the new year. Also, got my first TOM for the last few months, so maybe my body is getting back on track. I have an appt. with gyn next month to talk about getting pregnant. Everybody keep your fingers crossed for me, i am going to meet my goals this year, both to lose weight and get preg!!
Hugs,
Donna
eeyoredja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:23 AM   #27  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Donna - congrats on the 6 lbs loss and with TOM too! I know you are going to do so well this year with both your goals.

Nikki - congrats on your loss as well, slow and steady wins the race!

I weighed in again this morning. Normally I try to refrain from hopping on the scale more than once a week but I just had a feeling that I was bloated yesterday and hoping that I lost a little water weight. Lo and behold I am down 0.8 lbs. Not that it is a huge loss but it was nice to see the scale move a little bit and see some different numbers! So that is encouraging.

Hope everyone has a great day, take care.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:59 AM   #28  

Donna- Congrats! That is a huge loss

Jen- Good to see that was bloat that must feel good!

Love and Light
Nikki
Old 01-05-2006, 01:23 PM   #29  
No pain, No gain...darn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoredja
Well, I weighed in today, and I lost 6 pounds since last wednesday!! I was really surprised, but excited too, it is a great way to start out the new year. Also, got my first TOM for the last few months, so maybe my body is getting back on track. I have an appt. with gyn next month to talk about getting pregnant. Everybody keep your fingers crossed for me, i am going to meet my goals this year, both to lose weight and get preg!!
Hugs,
Donna
eeyor-what diet/exercise are you doing? how long have you been on it? I want to get preggy too!!! yee!!! but I'm not sure when...DH and I have been talking about it for a while (we've been together for 5 and a half years, but married only 1 yr). I went through this stage of not wanting to have children and now I'm beginning to have that longing again (up until I was about 26, I wanted to have a baby SO bad...all my life...and then it just went away for a while...weird or normal?) Our best friends just had a baby in October...they text messaged us on New Years Day, which was also our first anniversary: "Happy New Year! Happy Anniversary! Make a baby!" We're trying hard not to give in to the pressure from our family and friends...they all (both sides) are nudging us to get started (DH is 36 and I'm 27).

I'd love to join you guys for this challenge. By May 29, I'd like to lose 35 pounds minimum. My short term goal for March (which is my ten year high school reunion AND my birthday) is to lose 20 pounds. Gosh, I can't believe I've let myself get over the '200' hump. I've never been over that number and I'm so embarrassed. Just getting under that number is motivation for me. It's hard to think that I weigh more too, because the last time I was on a weight loss routine I started at 194...so my thinking is all off now! Losing 20 pounds will only put me at 180 now instead of 175. I know it's only a diff of 5 pounds, but it makes a big difference on my petite frame (5'2"...short legs...short torso...small boobs).

I'm doing a variation of the Dr. Phil diet where I have:
breakfast:
serving of protein
grain 3/4 c uncooked
milk or yogurt - 1 cup
fruit

lunch:
4 oz protein
a cup of veggies - raw
a cup of veggies - cooked
serving of grain

supper:
4 oz protein
a cup of veggies - raw
a cup of veggies - cooked
grain serving if not eaten at lunch

1 serving of fat per day - mayo, butter, salad dressing, etc

metabolic: before bed about 9 pm - 1 cup milk and a fruit

no sugar or white flour (bread, pasta)

My exercising consists of alternating routines every other day...I got this from a friend who used to be a trainer at a local gym...we're doing this somewhat together, but for accountability mainly, we don't live close so we can't exercise together except the one time a week that we see one another...
3 sets of each ex. at 10-15 reps...
1st day is wall pushups/squats/leg raises...
2nd day is slow crunches/lower ab leg lifts on floor/tricep dips/calve raises...
after finishing the exercises, i do 20-30 minute brisk walk/soon-to-hopefully-be jog. Then, at night, I'm working up to walking again for 20-30 minutes with my hubby.

Does anyone else here do Dr Phils diet? I know mine isn't exactly like his, but I'm looking for ideas on grains to eat for breakfast...any suggestions? I'm gonna search the threads too.

Good luck everyone! I hope I can keep up with this thread...
PrincessCherryJewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 01:39 PM   #30  
No pain, No gain...darn.

Yay! I found out just now that my ten year reunion is in June...not March! So I have more time to lose weight! Yippee!!! I gotta change my goals...
PrincessCherryJewel is offline   Reply With Quote