YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 10-16-2004, 07:25 PM   #91  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

Good morning everyone hope your all well a bit overcast today here downunder looks like we might get some rain here in the country we really need it so G,day Diet Help well your on the right track we,re all here to motivate and help each other , you,ve lost weight before only to put it back on and it brings friends boy I know that feeling well you know you can do it so instead of looking at it as another diet why not look at it as a life change for the better and instead of a diet opt for a complete turn around to healthy eating include more fruit and vege change to low fat sustitutes try to get some exercise in when you can even if its just a walk, I should talk I have,nt exercised in three days no excuse just lazy well catch up with you later I,m off for and I,m going to move my butt and get on the indoor bike seeing as it looks like rain can,t go for a walk bye for now BLESSED BE JULIE

SW 172
CW 167
GW 132
I'm Living is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 12:45 PM   #92  
Samantha

OK my Halloween goal was 260, and I am at 258!!! I am encouraged, because if I made that one, I KNOW I can do this Christmas goal!!!
Samantha2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 02:18 PM   #93  

Hi chicks,

Stayed the same at my Friday WI, which is not bad for PRETOM.

Someone asked which program I was on - I started LA Weight Loss two weeks ago. I'm not sure I really like the program, but you have to pay for it all up front -- which makes you continue to go. (At least after two weeks, I'm still willing to go).

Good luck to all!

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 06:25 PM   #94  
Pending Email Confirmation

Red face

Hi all

I guess I forgot to check in on Wednesday night after weigh in. I was down .2 (which I guess is better than a gain). I was on program all week so I'm hoping the rest will show up next week.

I've had a few oopsies this week but we'll see how that plays out on Wednesday.

After last weeks weigh in I made a personal commitment to myself to exercise every day for at least 20 minutes (minimum). So far I have kept up with this everyday, except Friday and the only excuse I can think of is that I was extremely tired, but I know that if I go to the gym I will not be tired. Its just getting my but in the door....

Looks like everyone is making good progress .... W T G
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 06:53 PM   #95  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

G,day everyone you all seem to be well good on you Sam getting under your halloween goal and its not even here yet I,m sure we,ll all make agood showing for chrissie, good luck with your exercise Joy well not much to rport from me down half a lb better than nothing or a gain so I,m still in positive mode catch you all later bye for now BLESSED BE JULIE
Old 10-20-2004, 01:00 PM   #96  
Samantha

How is everyone doing on their goals? For me, my goal was to go to the gym 5 days this week, and so far have done good because I have gone 3 days so far - right on plan!!! Maybe we should remind everyone of what their christmas goal is - mine is 240 lbs - 18 lbs to go!!
Old 10-20-2004, 05:22 PM   #97  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

G,day everyone hope your all well way to go Sam good work keep it , good idea my goal for Chrissy 145 . 19 more to go, bye for now BLESSED BE JULIE

SW 172
CW 164
GW 132
Old 10-21-2004, 03:02 AM   #98  

Location: On the road in our travel trailer! Ask me sometime!

Hi everyone! Way to go on the weight losses that you guys have posted!!! Awesome work! Keep it up!

I've been on track this week with my workouts, can't say much for last week though, I was feeling yucky all week and only made it in once. I've got the Thanksgiving gain off already and am back down to 199lbs so that made my day today. Next Friday is my monthly weigh in at the Fitness centre. I'm anxious to see if there are any changes. I really think that I've lost inches this month, if not alot of weight. But I am building muscles at the gym so that would make it look like I'm not losing weight.

I've had some medical challenges this last week. My dr thinks that it may be diabetes, I find out on Friday. I'm pretty sure it isn't since I've been tested before but we'll see I guess. I really hope it isn't. I do know however that my cholestrol is out of control again. No big surprise for me but it will be a wake up call to my weight loss efforts. If the dr tries to put me on meds for it I'm going to refuse and ask for a nutritional consult instead. That way I will have help adapting my eating habits to a healthier way. I'm actually looking forward to the opportunity to talk with a nutritionist, I think it would be very interesting. And won't she be surprised when I hand her my food log from Fitday, LOL.

I've made a commitment this week to add one more day of exercise in. It's going in tomorrow so wish me luck in surviving it, LOL! Anyhow, I'm off, it's late again! Have a great week ladies.

Wanda
scrappinitblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 09:32 AM   #99  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

I wanna join! I am starting a little later than some of you, so 25 pounds might be a little too much...I'll set my goal for 20 pounds that's 190!

Melody
lodyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 06:35 PM   #100  
JULIE DOWNUNDER

HI EVERYONE hope your all well its a beautiflu day here down under , Hi and welcome Melody you seem to be focused and on track hope some off it rubs off on me, not much to report today , I seem to be doing OK watching cals and getting in exercise I,m down another lb only 18 more to go for Christmas , goodluck with your tests Wanda I know it can be a bit scary I have type 2 diabetes at the moment I control it with my diet so not to bad, hope you enjoy your chat with the nutritionist , well thats it for me bye for now stay focused BLESSED BE JULIE
Old 10-22-2004, 07:44 PM   #101  

Hi all,

Finally dropped .6 at this AM WI - which gives me 3 pounds lost since I started the challenge - so another 17 to go for that, and then 27 for the cruise goal.

This was the longest time to lose .6 pounds! It's a good thing I'm supposed to WI 3 times a week, otherwise I'd have blown it for sure!

I think my goal this upcoming week is to start walking. and use the exercise tapes.

Good luck to everyone!

Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 02:20 AM   #102  
Pending Email Confirmation

Talking New Christmas Goal or Christmas Goal ReDone

I was down 4.4 at WI at WW on Wednesday night. I was glad to see an improvement after last weeks .2.

I
am
excited
and proud
to reset my
Christmas goal
to 2 2 5 pounds.
XX

My attempts to get at least 20 minutes exercise everyday has not been going too well. I think that starting Monday I will go to the gym at 5am.

I decided to make effort to get more protien in earlier in the day this week(breakfast and lunch), and so far have not had to much problem with that. I have rediscovered my love of cottage cheese. I think this might help with my success. I seem to be less hungry.

Looks like most of us have 17, 18, 19 pounds to go. I hope that I will be able to keep up my pace and have the extra 10 off by HOHO time.

everyone on your successes!

:-J
squabb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 12:14 PM   #103  
Samantha

I have read SOOO many places in here that if you eat protein in the morning, you are less hungry through the day? Is there any fact to that?
Old 10-25-2004, 09:38 PM   #104  

Hi Guys!!
Great to see everyone committed to this challenge, and meeting their goals.
I haven't been sticking to my plan I have had about a month of sick kids with vomitting, going from one kid to the other and then back again. My son (4) was the worst and had it THREE times, poor guy. He also had lots of stomach cramps so I have spent the longest time sitting around hugging him. He has also had disturbed sleep, and awake for hours during the night My daughter has also missed alot of school, because when she was well, her brother wasn't, and as their dad was at work, I didn't wamnt to take a kid throwing up just to take the other to school, and other days he was still sleeping when school started.

I treally need to get back on track, and really commit to this. Thanks for the encouragement you have all given without even knowing. Just reading your posts is helping

HUGS and KISSES to you all!!!

Kathy
kathyinaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 08:22 AM   #105  
Sherry

Default I'd like to join!

I'm a a little behind all of you but I'd like to join this challenge! I'd like to lose 20 lbs by Christmas. I feel that's doable. It's 1/2 of what I need to lose! So today I challenge myself to lose 20 lbs. by CHRISTMAS!
sherybaby is offline   Reply With Quote