YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 04-13-2004, 08:48 AM   #1  

Default Support & Discussion Week of 4/12/04

OK, so we're a little behind. No pun intended, but some day we'll be able to say we are and have a little behind!

Good Morning all, and hope you had a great weekend!

Irish - we'll be awaiting the pics, and so happy you had a wonderful time away with your DH.

I'm still busy doing boat stuff, getting ready for a garage sale, and the never-ending housework and yardwork. I will be going down to the boat to clean and set-up on Thursday AM, and then DH will come down Friday night. I'll take some pics because she will definitely look different in the water then on a cradle in dry dock. I have a tendency to go off program when away from home, but I will try really hard to watch my food. Exercise will be limited to walking, although I do intend to take a dumbbell with me to leave down there.
Food and exercise have been on target, and the scale is starting to move downward again so I don't want to blow it now.

Here's a pic DH took the day we bought her, 2/28/04. We have been waiting for paint, and just got the call on Friday that she's ready and in the water.

Also, here's the link to my photo album from the Ladies Who Lift group. I love looking at photos as well as taking them. There are 3 pages here-

http://groups.msn.com/3FCLadiesWhoLift/projectdip.msnw

Have a safe and healthy day!

dip
diphthong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 10:49 AM   #2  

Hi everyone!

I'm always a little behind...and I am so READY to have a little behind again!

First off, Dip, you are BEAUTIFUL!! Thank you so much for posting the pictures! How wonderful to know what your friends look like! Your boat is gorgeous too--it sounds so romantic to me. My DH is going to be taking the first set of sailing lessons (a lifelong dream of his) this weekend on SF Bay! Perhaps someday we can all go sailing together!

Anxious to see your pics and hear more about your trip, Irish. Good for you two for getting away from it all and getting reconnected!

Our 10th wedding anniversary is today. On Sunday, my hubby surprised me with an AMAZING night out on the town. He hired a rolls royce (!) to take us out to an incredible Italian dinner, a show up in The City, and then finished the evening with a bottle of champagne and strawberries at the Top of the Mark Hopkins hotel! I felt like a total princess! I'm still pinching myself. I am truly blessed.

The weekend parties were fabulous and came off without a hitch. Our 3 year old thinks birthdays and Easter are pretty darn fun! I think he thinks he'll be getting boatloads of presents and gobs of candy every week!

I wish I could report that I have been good OP, but alas and alack, I haven't been! After tonight all of the celebrations will be over, and I can get myself back on track. Gee whiz, I wish it were possible to eat and drink with abandon all the time!

Thanks for being here and for the support!

Jo
------
205.2/???/135

I will express my appreciation at every opportunity in both words and actions, because unexpressed appreciation serves no purpose for those we appreciate; nor does it help us recognize the many things we have to be grateful for each day.
Jo_Pointer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 06:28 PM   #3  

Well the photos aren't post because I can't figure out how to post them sooooooooo----I'll just keep trying and eventually I'll get them on here. Ughhhhh!

Jo, Wow, girl it sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary!! Woo-Hoo a Rolls Royce. I have only seen those in the movies. I am really glad that you had a great time!

Hi Youse guys! I am not doing any of the things that I need to do to make lasting change. I am guilty of the Too's, too tired, waiting too long to eat, too over extented on my time. LIke the saying goes, "If nothing changes, then nothing changes!" Although something already is changing because I am gaining weight. I am walking around mad on the inside, but I am the one doing this to myself, so I need to stop being mad and do something, like work off some steam. Okay, thanks for listening. I'll start tonight by walking my doggie just a little bit futher.

I hope you all are doing great! I will be when I get my life back in line with what I know to be true for me!! Talk to you soon. Irish
Irish Tart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 07:23 PM   #4  

Hey Everybody!

well, I'm back and I needed that mini-vacation, although much work involved, more than I thought. I went down On Thursday morning, and DH joined me Friday night through Sunday evening. I then drove home yesterday and got in last night. The new boat is awesome, but no pics this trip as I forgot the camera.

Jo - thanks, but hon I never considered myself "beautiful" or even pretty. My ahem, mommy dearest used to say "Pretty is as pretty does" and some where along the line I got it in my head that I wasn't. How did your DH like his sailing lessons? Mine went to the Annapolis Sailing School back in '90, and is bareboat certified. I remember when he went because it was our first time apart for an extended period and I just knew something was going to happen while he was gone. But it was a dream and a plan he had way before we met so I didn't kick up a fuss. Sure enough, he was gone an hour and our dog got hit by a car chasing a cat. Of course, he has better memories of the experience. If you're ever near the Midwest, we'd be more than happy to take you out - the boys couod talk sailing and we could talk Dr. Phil. From where we're anchored now, we can sail down to the Gulf, that is if and when we have an extended period of time. It would be doable if he didn't have to work - some day, when we win the lottery.

Irish - Can't have the too's especially the too mads. Have you tried eating small meal every 2-3 hours to keep from getting too hungry? As for your anger - got to get to the root of that and nip it. Is there anything we can help you with?

Big HI! to all and hope you're having a good week.

Well, it appears we're overdue again to start a new weekly thread, but what the hey. Might as well keep this one til next week. Hope to hear from you soon!

dip
Old 04-20-2004, 11:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I've been super busy. I started back to work last Monday and it has been so difficult finding time to get it all in in one day--especially my exercise. I've already decided that if I go another day without being able to get it in at night after I put the kids to bed, I'm going to use 30 minutes of my lunch break and do laps around the block.

Jo--Glad to hear you had a great anniversary. (My hubby promised me my dream wedding for our 10th so we'll see if I get my barefoot on the beach with a few close friends and family in a few years )

Irish--Sounds like you are getting back in the right direction.

Dip--I'm glad to hear your weekend went well. We plan on getting a boat one of these years to go skiing on the lake with.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:33 PM   #6  

Welcome back, Dip! We missed you! I'm glad you had a nice *working* vacation! DH's sailing lessons were cancelled as he was the only one signed up for last weekend, so he will be taking them this weekend. As I said, it is a lifelong dream of his to sail. I love the ocean dearly, and love being on the water, but ironically, I get horribly seasick unless I'm doped up on Dramamine--not pretty!

Irish, BRAVO for recognizing that you have a bad case of the "toos"--we all get them you know! Now you just need to keep reading the book, working your plan and move on with no guilt! We're here for you!

Quote:
Remember, you cannot change what you do not acknowledge. --UWS, page 34
I've been vascillating a lot this week, and my resolve has been shaky. I think this is let down from all of the planning, parties, etc., so I've gone back to the book and am re-reading our threads to get re-focused. Good news is that I was able to really enjoy all of these celebrations--with serious indulgences--yet not gain a bunch of weight. I count this as a victory.

Onward and downward!

Hugs,

Jo
------
205.2/???(weigh-in Sat.)/135

Use the past as a library, not a home.
Jo_Pointer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 07:14 PM   #7  

Thanks Jo, I am trying really hard to plan what I eat and not just shove anything into my mouth. I hope to see my weight start to go down in a few weeks. I hate it that I just went wild the past few weeks because now I have even more to lose. I think exercise is really key for me right now. I am thinking about getting a mini-trampoline to take over to my dil when I keep the baby. I can do that just a few minutes at a time and for me that is pretty intense. It will be something portable and fast.
I hope that you are doing well! I am really proud of you for doing so well with all of your parties! Take care. Irish
Old 04-23-2004, 06:37 AM   #8  

Hi Gang!

Just wanted to say, Have a safe and healthy weekend! I'm going to take UWS with me down to the lake, and reread the next chapter so I'll be ready for discussion on Monday.

Jo - Good luck with your weigh-in tomorrow, but I have a feeling it will be good news. I know it takes me about a week to recover from anything out of the ordinary and get back into my routine. Our resolve is always just ahead in our next meal or work-out. My pattern has been to get "shakey" before an event and I tend to go back to incorporating old bad habits because of time constraints. But almost every day, I have to remind myself that now that I *know* what I know about myself, it would be almost suicidal to let go of control completely.

Irish - Keep Moving, hon! It's not just the food and exercise, and IMO, equally important is support. And you have to be good to yourself. It's still hard for me to put myself and my needs first, but I'm learning, and the funny thing is that no one seems to mind. Instead of a mini trampoline, how 'bout an exrcise video? I say that because those things can be dangerous, and what if you fell and broke an ankle or something while alone with the baby?

Hi to all!

Best!

dip
Old 04-23-2004, 10:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Hi all,

I am going to buy Phil's book this weekend. Seems I have a few more issues with weight loss than just eating and exercising. shoot! I always felt like his book was for crazy people. Turns out I am one of them :-)

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 09:02 PM   #10  

Thanks for the advice, Dip. I really hadn't considered safety issues with the mini-T, but you could be right. I all ready have a lot of videos and if the baby cries then I can just stop what I am doing hit the pause button and come back to it. I need to pack those in my bag for next week. Thanks

Hi Tiki, I'll look for you over at the beginning chapters. I have read the book through once but am now breaking everything down into a chapter at a time.
I've heard that the definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting new results. Boy, if that is the case then I am guilty. Oh well, I'm with Paul Simon, I'm still crazy after all these years.
I think Dr Phil's book is helping me be more aware when I am heading down the same old path and at least I can choose what I am doing ,instead of just mindlessly going along, not living an authentic life. I feel like I have hope and for me that is a very good thing. I'll look forward to hearing what you have to say as the chapters unfold for you.

Have a great week-end,All!! Irish

Last edited by Irish Tart; 04-23-2004 at 09:06 PM.