YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 12-21-2007, 04:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 166/155/145

Height: 5'9"

Default Looking to start YOAD- My Grocery List is Huge

I just bought the YOAD book and am going to start the program when i get back from Florida on the 1st. I planned out my first two weeks using the menu planner on the website and made my grocery list......and omg its huge! I'm thinking of buying the non perisable stuff now and the fresh stuff on the
1st. How do you guys manage grocery shopping? I'm used to buying from the ouside of the isles as I have been doing LA/ Pure Weight loss since July of 2006. But its just not working for me anymore, plus all the ceters are closing. Anyway sorry for the rambling post. I guess I'm just looking for hits nad tips to get started. I've already started cleaning out my pantry. thanks
Jamie
Jamie1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 08:18 AM   #2  
Lovin' Zumba!

Yes, the first few grocery store trips are long, because you spend a lot of time reading labels, and a bit expensive, because you are buying so much to replace the stuff you threw away. But, it's worth it, and after the second-third week it's better.

Try to use Trader Joe's if you can for things like organic ketchup, low sugar spaghetti and pizza sauce, and a lot of items - their prices are much lower than other stores as they have house brands of these things.

Check out the grocery list sticky at the top of the forum for more ideas.
Cindy

Last edited by BfL_Cat; 12-22-2007 at 08:19 AM.
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 08:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 166/155/145

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for replying. Lol I was a bit over whelmed yesterday when I posted. I ended up going to the grocery to get part of ther stuff I will need to get started and it wasnt too bad. I will definately have to go to Trader Joes to get some of the stuff I need, I love that place though. I wil also check out the sticky thread, thanks.
Jamie1983 is offline   Reply With Quote