YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 03:07 PM   #1  
Lovin' Zumba!

Default YOU: on a Diet support thread July '07

Hey gals - can you believe it's July already???? Another month gone and we're now in the middle of Summer!

I'm working on my July 4th menu today - going to try to make stuff everyone will like without having to do a YOU: turn after the fact.

Spending some time relaxing in the sun, rereading my YOU: book. 3 months until the wedding - I'd better get my butt in gear if I want to meet my wonderland goal!
Cindy
Old 07-02-2007, 01:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

POISON IVY......on my arms and my face. Went to the docs today and got some oral steriods and a prescription antihistamine. I gained .5 pounds after all the yard work from last week.......but I am swelled up like the goodyear blimp because of the poison ivy.....AUGH!!!!!! Hang in there everyone and I can not believe it is July already.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:06 PM   #3  

Are you sure its July.....its so cold here today we are tempted to turn the furnace back on...when is it going to warm up>??? Making a turkey breast in the oven today to help warm up..mmm smells so good. Aquabics starts on wed .......brrrrrrr we are going to be ice cubes in the water..its not heated..oohhh.
My dd reread the book too cindy,,,,,,shes having a hard time this summer.
Poison ivy Iwana......ouch....poor you! calamine lotion......take care.
have a great one today eveyone...
ttyl
Old 07-03-2007, 02:49 AM   #4  

Well, I should probably check in more often. I have been doing okay, but not great on the plan. I did my July 1st weigh in and I'm down six pounds in about three weeks. Yes, it's slow and sensible, but I am a little disappointed. I have been doing pretty well with the food, but I stink at the exercise. I'm going to stick with it, though! Good luck to everyone else. I really do enjoy reading all of the posts, even though I don't always post. It's great knowing others are in the same boat as I am.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:07 PM   #5  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey gals - Kim I'm in the same boat - but for me it's shingles! Luckily it's a pretty mild case, so I'm just moderately uncomfortable. Either the stress of my trip and/or the wedding deadline looming set it off. But I'm am SO thankful it's not a worse case - people are sometimes out of commission 2-4 weeks with this!

Eating is so-so - not a lot of time for planning, but I'm hanging in there. I'll have some days off later this week, so I'll work on that.

Late - 6# is great - yes, slow, but probably pretty easily done, and it will stay off! Keep up the good work, and yes, exercise will definitely help!

You gals have a good one!
Cindy
Old 07-03-2007, 04:38 PM   #6  

Hey everyone
the weather has just been miserable here lately...Im almost depressing. Yesterday was a great day eatingwise and today not so great. The scale was down this morning which is a good thing... Jumping right back on track for supper and throwing out the box of cookies I got into....hanging on tight..ttyl
Old 07-04-2007, 10:06 AM   #7  
Lovin' Zumba!

Happy 4th of July to the Americans here!

I was looking for an appropriate smiley, but didn't find one!

Oh, well, have a good one - try to steer clear of the mayo-laden salads if at all possible...

I'm making pulled pork, in the crockpot, so will have to have a bit of coleslaw with them - even though we are in NY, we make them Carolina-style.

Fireworks were last night, which is good as it may rain today. Gray and dreary out

Enjoy your holiday everyone in the US!
Cindy
Old 07-04-2007, 01:24 PM   #8  

Happy 4th of July you guys!@!!!
Old 07-04-2007, 02:24 PM   #9  

Well, the steriods and the antihistamines are putting on the pounds. AUGH!!!! I itch when it is time for the antihistamines and they make me sleepy so the walking is down to a crawl. Looks like it will be 3 weeks of HE(doulble hockey sticks). Shingles.....those can be painful. How in the world? Did you pick up something on your travel or is your immune system just ran down..... Happy 4th of July to the Americans and Happy Canada Day to WamTam!
Old 07-05-2007, 12:26 PM   #10  
Lovin' Zumba!

IRT the shingles - they think brought on by stress - maybe delayed stress from my trip, and the wedding drawing nearer... who knows. Luckily the fact that my case is mild - Advil is enough to kill the pain, means my immune system is in great shape and was able to ward off most of the virus.

I'm going to credit that to YOU: keeping me healthy!

Sorry to hear you're having such an ordeal with the poison ivy - I've never had it myself (knock on wood!). Just remember, the weight gain is temporary, and will all come off once you're off the medications.
Cindy
Old 07-05-2007, 02:23 PM   #11  

omg I had so much fun at aquabics last night..I wish it was something I could do all year around. All of us were beginnners and there were alot of laughs and giggles. I know from experience I am hungry after swimming so I made extra salad for supper and had a bowl of cherries along with it...all before 9pm. Then no eating afterwards...yah..I feel back on track after that.
I need to feel like this more often...
have agreat day you guys..
sorry about the shingles Cindy..Ive heard they are painful!
Poision Ivy Iwana..Ive never had those either...ouch!! you guys take care
Old 07-06-2007, 01:37 PM   #12  

Well, I fell yesterday down the stairs at home and broke my right foot. Actually the bone in the heel......no weight bearing at all for 2 weeks and then to be checked on in the ortho clinic. Good thing I met my Womans Challenge 2007 a week early. Now, what am I to do.....I guess DH is going to have to learn to cook the oz way. I am no good in the kitchen with the crutches but I borrowed a walker from my mom.....maybe things will get better. Stay good.....well, at least you know I won't be weighing for two weeks.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:49 PM   #13  
Lovin' Zumba!

Oh poor Kim! You're just having a rough Summer, aren't you?!?!? I sure hope your hubby does a good job of cooking for you.

Try to take it easy and get better soon!
Cindy
Old 07-08-2007, 01:48 AM   #14  

Hi YOADies (YOADers?)! Just checking in. Oh my gosh - shingles, poison ivy, a broken foot?! Dieting is tough enough without additional complications. Sending good thoughts out to our ailing members.... On the diet front it has been so hot lately that I've been eating plenty of summer type foods - lots of smoothies and salads. On the down side, I don't enjoy walking in the seriously humid weather. Keep up the good work, everybody!
Old 07-08-2007, 12:16 PM   #15  

Oh Kim thats tough....i hope it heals quick for you.
Late Bloomer I dont like walking in heat either..I joined aquabics this summer and love it..
This has been a busy week..i was down .5 this week too...Yahoo! Im losing inthe summer for the first time ever.
Closed Thread