YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 05-31-2007, 08:45 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

I just started to read the book and have been on phase 1 for 3 days. I was doing the YOAD since the 1st of January but felt I needed to shake things up a little since I have only lost a little bit. I think I can incorporate the YOAD with this.......The plans are very similiar in that you measure your waist instead of getting on the scales....
Iwanawurkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:58 PM   #62  
It Just Goes To Show You!

S/C/G: 222/195.5/136

Height: 5'2"

Hey Everyone...

Iwanawurkit

Well fancy this 2 Kim's...Now pardon me for asking but what is YOAD? but the waist measurement thing is very intriguing...every two months I take a series of 6-9 pictures and all of my measurements...I will be doing that again on June 7th (or around that time)...I am really noticing some differences ...today I had to move a friends...so I have a tank top on (with a sports bra) and a pair of my favorite shorts that have been too tight to wear comfortabley...and I put them on and my *** is baggy! ...only two of my close work friends know that I am dieting...and my daughter...I am so open about everything in my life and can talk about anything except my weight to people that I know...I think it is a shame thing...

Kim that is exactly what I did...I took the plan and stuck to it and stayed in Phase 1 for over 2 months so I knew that I had that down pat and I felt comfortable in my own skin with this way of life...Then I took the plan and began to tweek it so that I could live this way forever...and I just keep plugging along...

Good Luck and Keep in touch...there are so few of us on here!
Kimush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:58 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 189/175/125

Height: 5'4"

Hello all,
I am having a lot more trouble than I thought I would.
water...I put a jug on the counter this morning. Room temp. might be easier, I think I have a cavity as I am very sensitive to cold.
booze...we have had non stop company since we bought a house 1 month ago. A beer here, glass of wine there...
exercise...I think about it all the time, but have yet to do it!

I have had no problem with the evening cut-off (thought I would), no problem having two snacks, three square meals...I'm trying to make good food choices. ~sigh~ I think I thought this would just magically happen for me, because it made so much sense.

I am revisiting the 3 questions right now. Just had to check in.

Karwie
karwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:52 PM   #64  

Hello Karwie...

It is me...I started an new thread just for anyone left that is a Best Lifer who needs support...it is "Help "Best Lifers" (A.K.A "Best Life Plan") UNITE?"

So we need to work on exercise, water, and alcohol...

1.Exercise...get a pedometer and put it one in the morning and don't take if off till bed...then you will know how far you need to go to get to level one and it is easy because since you aren't rich and don't have servants you need to walk around...Done YEAH!

2. H20 drink room temp (for you tooth) one 8 oz glass before you eat (you can put lemon, lime or those fruit crystal packets into you water) and then 8 oz glass after you eat...chug that water...drink it fast it will flush and fill you...and if you eat 3 meals your water is done! YEAH!

3. Alcohol...only drink wine spritzers so very little wine and then a perrier water...if you must drink then you won't be drinking alot...Done YEAH!

Go look at the thread "Help "Best Lifers" (A.K.A "Best Life Plan") UNITE?" here on 3FC...we maybe the only ones who use it for while but what the heck!
Old 06-04-2007, 11:47 PM   #65  

To all pedometer users,

Please tell me how you handle the accuracy issue. I have tried many and they all do a great job at counting steps on a longer walk but not those invoved in cleaning house,making dinner,etc.
Also for some medical issues ,I sometimes nap and is the pedometer to be taken off ? Also any advice on where you wear it so not to lose it would be helpful I think I am on number 6.
Nothing in the weight loss field is working for me so I am still wondering what to do.I like Bob's approach but am confused as to his suggesting some unhealthy type products with high fructose syrup, etc. What do you all think?
Best luck to all on this daunting task.
Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 07:54 PM   #66  

Hello Sheridan...

I started an new thread (on here) for anyone left on this thread that is a Best Lifer who needs support...it is named "Help "Best Lifers" (A.K.A "Best Life Plan") UNITE?"

I have tried a ton of pedometers and then I settled on two...I always wear one and if I think that it is really acting inaccurate I will wear two...and then average them out...that gosh that does not happen often...as my math sucks as much as my journalling...I have slept with mine on and it didn't appear to bother it...I always attach mine to my panties...and make sure that it sits over my right knee...that is supposed to be the most accurate place to wear them and way to wear them according to a runner...

I love his plan but I personalized it to fit me...the high fructose stuff...I am not a huge sweet eater therefore it was not such a stretch for me to stay away from pops, syrups, desserts, puddings, cereals that are tremendously processed. I found some of the fats and he high fructose stuff confusing...therefore I stay away from processed foods...I just eat a lot of salads, fruits, vegs, lean meats...

Take Care and good luck...
Old 07-25-2007, 04:30 PM   #67  
Diane

S/C/G: 180/170/145

Hey Kimush

Remember me. Since I was last on this site I have fallen off of a few wagons. I am glad to see that you are still on the program. Are you having good results. I am going try and combine the best life diet with my weight watchers and see If I can get something going here.

Take care
Diane
littlerozzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 05:21 PM   #68  

I was surprised to find this thread. I have read the book and was really surprised that Bob Greene recommeded using hunger and fullness as guides. I haven't read all the posts but will try to soon. I use an eliptical for exercise and it is the first indoor machine I have really liked. I am not supposed to be in the sun.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:55 PM   #69  

Hey Everyone!

Diane...It is so good to see you! And I am glad you are still kicking around! Keep in touch!

Carol3639 Glad to have you joining our little group!

Work has been crazy, home life has been crazy and no time to rest let alone write...

I have having big time plateau issues and I lost 1/2 lb 2 weeks ago and I am stuck again!

So I am going to a nutritionist because my journals and what I am eating and not losing is not making too much sense! So hopefully that works as maybe I am missing something!

I have stuck to principles...but the snacking is creeping in as I am discouraged over 2 months of no real wt loss! But I am still working in with the system!