3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Recipes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-recipes-3/)
-   -   diabetic desserts (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-recipes/67308-diabetic-desserts.html)

hefty1 10-24-2005 10:48 AM

diabetic desserts

does anyone have sygar free reciepes :) glen

hefty1 11-01-2005 10:12 AM

i guess there no diabetics here. i guess i am wating my time in this site because nobody responds to me on other threads also. i guess the woman don't a males opinion or helping them. glen

snapplegirl69 11-01-2005 09:16 PM

I never saw you on other threads.Give me a little bit and will find something by tonight :carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hefty1
i guess there no diabetics here. i guess i am wating my time in this site because nobody responds to me on other threads also. i guess the woman don't a males opinion or helping them. glen

treezuk 02-22-2006 03:34 PM

Im not sure if this is any help but my mum was recently diagnosed as being diabetic so for christmas i brought her a diabetic cook book , it had over 300 recipes including yummy desserts , it was made my readers digest and cost £20 british pounds but im not sure if u could pick it up in the Canada , but u could always try amazon.

Sorry if this aint much use but i thought id let you know.

Teresa

butcherbabe 02-22-2006 06:00 PM

holy cow glen, give us a chance!!! I'm sure I'm stepping out there speaking for others, but we're glad you're here! http://www.geocities.com/lenorehf/SBDPhaseIIrecipes.htm is a terrific site, I know it is sbd friendly, but it should work for diabetics as well. good luck, and welcome. please feel free to join in. maybe a mans perspective will help all of us?

mauvaisroux 02-23-2006 12:10 PM

Berry Cobbler

(makes 6 servings)

butter flavored cooking spray
1 cup (135 g) fresh berries, blue berries, raspberries, black berries or a combination
2 teaspoons (10 ml) grated orange rind
2 tablespoons (30 ml) sugar
2 tablespoon (30 ml) canola oil
1 large egg
1/2 cup (58 g) unbleached all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon (3.75 ml) baking powder
1/8 teaspoon (0.63 ml) salt
1/4 cup (60 ml) evaporated skim milk

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly coat a 6-inch round metal baking pan with cooking spray. Spread the berries in the pan and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon orange zest.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and oil. Whisk in the egg until the mixture is thick and smooth. Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt, alternating with milk, stirring until combined. Stir in remaining orange zest.
3. Spread the mixture over the berries. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until tester inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack before serving.
4. To serve, spoon into small dessert bowls.

Per serving: 124 calories (40% calories from fat), 3 g protein, 6 g total fat (0.6 g saturated fat), 16 g carbohydrates, 1 g dietary fiber, 36 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium
Diabetic exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (1/2 bread/starch, 1/2 fruit), 1 fat

mauvaisroux 02-23-2006 12:13 PM

You may want to check out the 3fc Sugar Busters Board as they have a dessert section. :)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93

hefty1 02-23-2006 12:22 PM

:wave: thanks ladies. sorry if i hurt anybody. :) glen

Schatzi 02-23-2006 03:16 PM

WHAT ! There's a Male Roooooster here??? :chicken: Why Glen, Welcome ! Mauv has a great suggestion to head fer the Sugarbuster boards for some SF recipes... and hmmm, maybe do a forum search on Diabetes... That should return some posts tooo...

Mel 02-23-2006 08:22 PM

Almost all the recipes in the Ladies Who Lift Forum are sugar free.

Mel

msfez 02-24-2006 09:44 AM

Hello Hefty1. Adkins has a lot of sugar free recipe's as well.

mauvaisroux 02-24-2006 09:49 PM

Rapberry cheese tarts

Ingredients:

Crust:

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup splenda granular
5 tbsp light margarine

Filling:

4 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
1 cup splenda granular
1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
1 cup frozen raspberries

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 10 muffin cups with paper liners.

Crust: Blend graham cracker crumbs, the splenda and the margarine togethr in a bowl. Stir until well mixed and then press 1 tablespoon of the crumb mixture into the paper liners - set aside.

Filling: Place softened cream cheese in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth (for about 1 minute). Then add the splenda and egg substitute to the cream cheese and mix until well blended.

Place 4 or 5 frozen berries on top of the crusts in the cup liners. Pour the cream cheese mixture on top, dividing evenly among the cup liners.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tarts are firm to the touch. Remove from overn and chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours. Serve cold.

Makes 10 tarts

Nutritional info per tart:

110 calories; 5 g fat; 1 g fiber

mauvaisroux 02-24-2006 10:01 PM

Sugarless Sugar Cookies

Ingredients:

3/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup light butter
1 cup splenda granular
1tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup liquid egg substitute
1/4 cup water
1tsp white vinegar
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1tsp baking powder
1tsp salt

Directions:

Lightly oil a baking sheeet (can use Pam) and then set aside.

In a medium bowl blend together the two butters, slenda and vanilla extract until the butter is softened. Add the egg substitute, water and vinegar to the bowl and briefly mix. Add the two flours, baking powder and salt to the mixture using low speed on the mixer until the dough is formed - try not to overmix!

Remove the dough from the bowl and place on a floured work surface. Divide the dough in half and pat each half into a circle. Cover each half with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the dough to chill.

After the hour is up, preheat your oven to 350F. Remove the plastic wrap from the dough and roll out onto a floured surface. Roll out to about a 1/4 inch thickness and cut with a cookie cutters. Place the cookies on the baking sheet that was previously prepared. Repeat until you have used up all or most of the remaining dough.

Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned on the back. Remove cookies from over and place on a rack to cool.

Makes 48 cookies

Nutritonal info for 2 cookie serving:
120 calories, 7 g fat, 1 g fibre

hefty1 02-25-2006 03:31 AM

thanks ladies
glen