Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 12:10 AM   #16  

Post Questions

Well, I heard about 3FC from my sister that lives in WI. She started WW the same time I did this time! I love this site and am glad to have met you all!
Now for the WI......I lost another 2.2 lbs! I know it won't always be like this but for now I will just be happy and Thank God! Makes a total of 11 lbs gone!
As for meals I eat whatever I cook for the family. Just make sure to count my points and stick to portion sizes. Try to stay at my Target Points but like Lori says there are the flex when you need them. For lunch I work at a hotel and we get free lunches in the cafe. Hot and cold stuff. We can even order hamburgers or grilled sandwiches! However good the food is it isn't good for my waist or my health. So I take Smart Ones or Lean Cuisine meals and have a salad with Fat Free Zesty Italian dressing! My favorite! I am a salt freak so it helps with the cravings. For a snack I eat a piece of fruit, apple, orange or banana. I try to drink lots of water as Lori said. I don't think I always get enough. So I should work on that. Biscuits and Gravy! I bet there isn't much you can do to cut the points much. But I don't know. Sorry, Christalynn.
Goals or rewards? hummmm. I guess I would like to get some new clothes. I got so tired of going to buy new jeans in larger sizes I stopped and went to wearing sweat pants and athletic pants (you know the kind that you wear to work out, even though I don't do much of that) Anyway, I would like to buy some jeans that fit and some cute, sexy clothes! How about you Lori and Cyn? Anything you are going to do to reward yourselves?
Cyn, I wanted to know how the yoga is working for you? I was thinking about taking some classes or getting a dvd. What do you think?
Yes, starting slow is the best. I would like to lose at least 5 more lbs before I really start working out regularly. At the hotel we have a fitness center I can use so it should be easy. However, I can come up with lots of "reasons" not to go in there.
Anyway, How many kids do you have Lori? I have two but they are grown. Daughter (25) and son (23). Anyone else?
I would like to start trying some new recipes. Maybe I will make that a New Year Resolution!
Well, Now that I have put you all to sleep, I should go myself. Take care and talk to you soon!
Shawn
Old 12-10-2004, 12:49 AM   #17  
tired of being fat

Default hello ladies

Just a quick note to say hello. I just got home from work and sad as it is, I changed and then came onto the computer. I know I have no life. lol

Shawn-- on the weight loss. Keep up the great work.
By the way I have 2 kids. My son, David is 11 and my daughter, Mandi is 3. They have 7 1/2 years between them.

So lets see........a reward......well, when I hit my 10% I was thinkning about getting my hair cut but I have changed my mind. I only have .2 to go to get to my 10%. I would love to say that I would by myself clothes for it but that would probably not happen. I don't think I want to buy something that I will only be wearing for a few months. (I am very ummmmmm cheap, but only when it comes to me) Besides I wear stretch clothes now and they still fit fine. I am really not sure what I will do for my 10%. But when I get down to my ultimate goal, now thats another story. I am definitly going shopping then. I will get cute tank tops for the summer, some really nice fitting jeans, and that little black dress that everyone dreams of owning. I will definitly get one of those.
Anyway ladies it is late and I must get some sleep. I will be back on in the morning. Have a great day tomorrow and be healthy.

TTFN, Lori
Old 12-10-2004, 12:55 AM   #18  
tired of being fat

Cyn-- I am so sorry I forgot to answer your question. Usually when I cook it is lower point foods that we all eat but on occation I will make them something that is just for them and I will cook something totally different for me. That happens usually when I have to work. My husband is not a fan of cooking so I will make them a meal before I go to work. This way I don't have to see them eating it and then end up wanting it too. Tonight I made them Hamburger Helper (I know.....YUCK) but they love it. Not something I like though so it didn't bother me to make it. lol

Glad to hear your feeling better Cyn. Also that you got your exercise in. Keep it up.

Ok really going to bed now, goodnight.

Lori
Old 12-10-2004, 10:37 AM   #19  

Smile Morning-TGIF!!!

Good morning everyone I am enjoying reading these post so much. it really does help me to stay in focus- so thanks everyine!
Lori- my family also likes Hamburger Helper and my son likes to make it so that works out great when I want a night off from kitchen duty! I usually opt for a salad on those nights or soup if it is cold out.
Shawn-congrats! Keep up the good work! As far as the yoga-it is a beginners tape and I bought it from ebay. I am not one for much exercise but this I can do-well most of it lol! I am thinking about a beginner pilates workout as well so I dont get in a rut. Like I said earlier, most workouts are too much for me-I am worn out before the warm up is done -so I have been searching for easier options. WATP is one of my faves.
Christalynn-rewards? I think I will wait until I get futher down the trail before I do any big rewards like new clothes. Most of the stuff I have now is stretchy and will be good until I have lost quite a bit and then we will see about new clothes. I am way to cheap to buy new stuff very often. At least for myself anyways! I have been spurging a bit on myself to help me along my journey but not much-like exercise tapes, WW bars and smoothies, WW calculator and the program- but I bought all of it from ebay so I havent spent alot. I even got a body glide (which is like the total gym) from ebay for $15 shipping was $20 but that was still good I thought.
Have you guys bought things to help you that you wouldnt have normally bought? I too am buying more fresh fruits and veggies and healthier choices. I occassional buy lean cuisines for myself and have them for lunch when I am the only one home. A can of soup is also a good low point food when you need a quick lunch.
Well Have a great Friday everyone. I will check in with everyone later for now I am off to clean house.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:18 AM   #20  
No Uno Mas?

Default Good Morning

Shawn- Congrats on the 2.2 loss that is wonderful

I am widely known as a spoiled brat and always have been. I'm the youngest of four and was brought up under special circumstances. I believe that is what developed into bad eating habbits. To keep me quiet and calm they would give me whatever I wanted ie. food. I think I'm doing very well at breaking old habbits. I don't have to cook for anyone..no children..no husband anymore. I'm no longer getting bored with foods like all my previous attempts at WW. I'm always finding more foods to try and that helps me from falling into my old ways.
My reward for when I reach my ultimate weight will be a trip to glamour shots and a new wardrobe to go with it. I think that is a reasonable reward.
In regards to drinking water. The final calculations are in. I drink a gallon of water per day no wonder I make 5 trips to the bathroom a hour

I'll check in later..take care ladeis
Old 12-11-2004, 01:03 AM   #21  

Wink New Creations #1

It is so cool to get on line and see responces to our conversations! I truly enjoy talking with you all.
I wanted to tell you all about my day. Really nothing exciting. Just went to work and (not sure if this is alright or not but I bought my two friends points books from my WW group) took L her set of books. She has lost 6 lbs in 4 days even without the books! She is also only 30 years old and has three children. So she probably has pretty good metablolism. I am 44 and not very active as I have told you before. But anyway it is so cool to watch L and K checking out what they can eat to stay within their points! They ask me questions and I try to help them. K has started bringing Smart Ones for lunch as well and eats a salad like me! I am not really bragging but am very excited that they have joined me in my efforts. Not that either of them need it. But it is so nice to have support at work! They get so excited checking out how many points certain foods are. K said it was like she got a new toy when I took a points slide to her today!
Well, not much else here.
Going on the Jingle Bell run this Sunday! I will walk but it is for the Arthritis foundation and is 3 miles. I am actually looking forward to it and telling you all how it was. I just pray the weather is nice!
I had better get to bed. Talk to you tomorrow.
Good night!
Old 12-11-2004, 12:30 PM   #22  
tired of being fat

Default Happy Saturday

Hello my fellow WW buddies,

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. Its very unusual for me. I was just in a blah mood all day and didn't feel like doing much. I did stick to my points and water and even did 50 crunches, and 30 leg lift thingys on each leg. I also went to work last night which meant 6 hours of walking around and being on my feet. Although I didn't clean up the house and am paying for it today. Sometimes I swear if I didn't do it we would live in a pig sty.

Cyn--What a great buy....a total gym for a total price of $35.00??!!! Thats great. How do you like it? I am looking into buying a Tony Little Gazelle after Christmas. I am really excited about getting it too. I also put alot of workout stuff (ab thingy, weights, workout tapes) on my Christmas list. My husband didn't want to get that kind of stuff for me for Christmas but I told him it was ok, and thats all I really wanted. Of course the fruits and veggies are also on my shopping list everytime. I like getting the canned pineapple chunks. Its 2 servings (and 2 points) of a fruit and pineapples are a fat blocker. I also just really enjoy them. So does my kids so I end up buying alot of them. I also buy the WW bars every week I go to weigh in. I feel like I am eating a candy bar which in my case is a good thing because I think I have the sweet tooth from **** . Not sure if you all know this but alot of the WW bars are also considered a milk product for the day. Just read the box and if it says that it has 25% calcium then it counts. Thats a huge plus in my eyes. I also bought the WW shakes and am not to fond of them I think I may be the only one.
Just one more thing.....try to be carefull on the amount of frozen meals and soup you eat. They have alot of sodium in them and can reduce your weight loss because of retaining water.

Christalynn-- Sounds like you know what your doing this time. Keep up the possitive thinking and you will do just fine with WW this time. You are going to succeed!!!! I had Glamour Shots done about 5 years ago. Got a gift card for my birhtday. I had such a good time with them. It is soooo much fun to go in there and have them do your hair and makeup and then take pictures of you like your a model. You will enjoy the experience. Oh and a gallon of water a day?!!! Thats great. Keep up the great work. I drink about 10 to 12 glasses a day. Any more then that and I think I would have to were diapers .

Shawn-- I also really enjoy comming here and reading what everyone has posted. I know this sounds terrible but this site is the first thing I look at in the morning and the last one at night. It keeps me motivated. Talking to you all helps me want to succeed. ( does that make you all feel as if the pressure is on you? ) As far as buying the books for your friends....I asked the leader at my meeting if I could buy extras for a Christmas gift for my sister even though she has not joined and she said yes. They don't care how many we books and stuff we buy, so don't worry about it. It is really exciting to have your friends/coworkers doing this with you. I thik you should be proud of yourself for setting an example for them and having them follow in your footsteps to a better life. to you. Besides thats added support for you as well. Enjoy your walk on Sunday. I hope the weather is good for you. Let us know how you did. By the way, where in Colorado are you? My brother lives out there, about 30 to 40 minutes away from Bennett.

Well, ladies I feel as though I have typed a book. Sorry for going on and on. I think I am making up for not posting yesterday. So now that you all probably have to take a break from reading, I will stop. Hope you all have a great and healthy day.

TTFN, Lori
Old 12-11-2004, 01:18 PM   #23  
No Uno Mas?

Default Hello Ladies

I hope everyone is have a positive day I admit it..I also look forward to checking in and reading about everyone here thanks for letting me into this social circle
In what stage of weight loss should I really concentrate on toning
I thought I read this somewhere in the threads but I don't remember where. One of my concerns is looking older after weight loss. I know someone who just lost about 90 pounds but she looks about 10 years older. Aging was never something I would think about but I'm only 30..Any advice would be appreciated
I'm in the process of recruiting 3 people I work with to WW. They are watching my success and really want the same for themselves. I am very excited for them

Bye for now
Old 12-11-2004, 08:03 PM   #24  

Smile Hello!

Hello gang! Sorry I didnt post before now but by the time I bought groceries and went to my parents for a visit the day got away from me. I think I did ok today so far on my goals. The only exercise I did was walking in the store and getting wood for my parents-but atleast it is something. Lori-I appreciate your tips on sodium-I know that stuff is way up there! I try to becareful fo that sorta thing and I never add salt to anything. Most of the soup I get is low sodium or my own homemade. And the frozen dinners are only a once in a blue moon thing. For one thing I am too cheap to buy ready to eat. As for having an addiction to this site-I can relate. I barely hung up my coat tonight and I was logging on! lol! Well that is about all I have to say about my day-just a typical Saturday-now my family is going to veg out and watch a movie or two-so I will see ya all tomorrow!
Old 12-12-2004, 12:39 AM   #25  
Happy Kitty Mom =^..^=

Hi everyone! May I join in?

New Creations is such a *great* name! That's what I want to be!

Anyway, I'm Kae or Berry...whichever is fine. *G* I even answer to Hey you. *G*

I need to get back into losing weight. I have been stalled for over a year now and just see my weight inching back up. *sigh* The regular WW 100+ board is not motivating me, but when I came back out here and saw you guys...wow! I'm pretty motivated! Everyone seems so nice and it just makes me want to be able to offer my support as well! :

Just a little 'bout me. I'm single, 35 and have a dbf named Michael. I have 4 furbabies, Oscar, Emmy, Clio and Aggie (Agatha) who are beautiful kitties. I love music and can play almost anything I put my hands on...except for stringed instruments...grr! I want to learn to play the guitar so badly but my brain just won't accept it! I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read and will read anything from Plato to the back of the shampoo bottle. I love making friends and can't wait to get to know you all better. I've been on WW for what seems like forever. Off again, on again. I lost the most weight back in '96 when I was doing the old Fat and Fiber program. (boy do I miss that!) I have PCOS and Insulin Resistance so losing weight is sometimes like beating my head against a wall. I'm getting anxious to lose weight again...I just feel better about myself when I'm active and eating healthy. I know the tips and "tricks"...it's just applying them that's the hard work! (that and sticking with them!)

I'd better hop off of here for now. I have Bell Choir in the morning (I play for my church) and have to be there at 7:30 in the morning! Yikes! going to need a LOT of tea to wake me!

Have a great Sunday everyone and I'll see you back here soon!

Berry
Old 12-12-2004, 01:10 AM   #26  
tired of being fat

Default hello ladies

Well, silly me fell asleep at about 8:30 and woke up at 11:30 and can not go back to sleep. So where did I come? I love this place .

Christalynn-- YIKES I never thought about aging. Does that really happen? I hope not. I hope its not a typical thing for everyone. I am only 31 and don't want to look old yet. But htats not going to stop me from losing weight either. As for toning.....I started excersizing after my third week at WW. Not a whole bunch but enough to get my motabilizim going. I think I am going to really start toning after the new year. ( I have to wait to get my stuff from Christmas)

Cyn-- How was the movies? Watch anything good?

Kae-- Welcome Welcome Welcome
We have to let YOU join , your the one who started the thread in the first place. We all found each other and kept it going for you .
We have a great group here.
So, what day do you weigh in? Can't wait to get to know you better. Post often, we like to read.

So, I think besides stocking stuffers I finished my Christmas shopping. I drug my poor kids through about 6 stores today. I definitly wore myself out. I think thats why I fell asleep at 8:30. Of course the kids were still up. Now I just have to wrap everything. Thats a big chore. The one good thing about shopping today was all the walking. I didn't get a workout tape int oday but I don't think it matters since I did walk so much.

Well, time to go and try to lay down again. Have to get up kinda early and clean, so we can finally get that damn tree up. The kids are driving me crazy about, but I understand why.

Ok I have another question for you all.....If you could pick one place in the world to live (no money issues) where would it be and why?

I would pick Texas. I know sounds silly right? But my Mother in law lives there and I love her like my own. She moved out there about 5 years ago and we miss her terribly. Of course with no money issues I would also try to get everyone else to move there.

Now I am really going to bed. If not you all are going to hate me for typing way to much. Good night and have a great, restful, and healthy Sunday.

TTFN, Lori
Old 12-12-2004, 04:35 AM   #27  
Happy Kitty Mom =^..^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by umma
Kae-- Welcome Welcome Welcome
We have to let YOU join , your the one who started the thread in the first place. We all found each other and kept it going for you .
We have a great group here.
So, what day do you weigh in? Can't wait to get to know you better. Post often, we like to read.

Yay! I get to join!

I promise to try and post very very often. I'm working on making myself more organized. *sigh* I'm terminally messy. But my goal for this year, besides weight loss, is to turn around my messy self. I have 365 days to create 18 new habits (a habit is formed after 21 days of continuously doing the same thing!) that will help me keep my life running more organized.

I'm scared of the scale ...well, not really. I just haven't been weighing in. I'm hoping to set Wed as my weigh in day...if I can ever make it to a meeting! (I know! procrastination is a habit I need to beat!)

Well, this group looks like it's fabu! Looking forward to knowing all of you better!

Berry Kae
Old 12-12-2004, 11:32 AM   #28  
tired of being fat

Default Relaxing Sunday

Hello everyone,
I hope you are all having a relaxing Sunday. As for me I am just checking in before I start putting my tree up. We are going to get ot all done today. Put it up and decorate it.

Kae--I never knew about the habit thing. There is something learned for today. I think you have a great outlook when you put it that way. Just keep remembering that it would only take 21 days to form a new habit. Does that work for breaking habits too? As far as getting to a meeting.....what are you waiting for? They aren't going to come to you. I really enjoy going to the meetings. Not only is it my time out with others that know what I am going through, but it really does help me. Very much like comming here.

Well, I must go now that kids are going to tie me up soon and put the tree up themselves if I don't get moving. I will check back after it is all done.
Enjoy your Sunday, relax and eat well (healthy).

TTFN Lori
Old 12-12-2004, 11:36 AM   #29  

Smile Morning everyone!

Hello everyone! Welcome Kae! So glad to see your posts. The more the merrier to keep this thread alive and positive so we can all achieve the success we are striving for.
Hey gang I got a bargain on ebay yesterday. I won a beginners pilates video for $.50!! Thats right fifty cents!! Shipping is $2.50 but that still is only $3.00 total! I dont know much about pilates but I figure it was worth a try. I just dont want to get burned out on the yoga and WATP that I am using now- this way I can switch it up and have a variety to chose from.
Lori~ I actually almost moved to TX years ago but chose to stay in good old KS. Truthfully I am very happy here and wouldnt want to be anywhere else. All of my family is within 30 minutes drive. Except my sil who lives in Cali. And my oldest son lives in S.C. My inlaws live next door! I come from a family of 10 and we are very close and I cant imagine being away from them. It is very hard having my son so far away~but he is happy and doing well so that makes me happy.
Well I have to head to my inlaws for lunch in awhile so I better get off here and get some work done! Have a great day everyone! I will be back later!
Old 12-12-2004, 12:05 PM   #30  
No Uno Mas?

Default Happy Sunday Chickadees

Welcome Kae glad to see you here. We are very active and that is one of the main reasons I'm here. I need constant support and I know I can get it here because we all have the same goal. The scale can be your best friend or your worst enemy
I have a question..Why are the sheep scared in OH?
Where is Savin? have I overlooked her posts by accident or has she really not been here for the past few days
Lori-thanks for answering my question about toning. I really don't know how true the aging thing is. I'm just going by what I see happening to other people who have lost a large amount of weight and by my mom telling me to start using more beauty lotions.
If I could live anywhere without restrictions it would be Tuscany. If you've every seen Under The Tuscan Sun you would know why. I love the Italian language. I listen to alot of Andrea Bocelli, Sarah Brightman, and Josh Groban. I plan on taking Italian in August, I love the beauty and antiquity of the villas, The scenery alone takes my breath away...Someday I may even make there for a visit and I hear that the men there love American women

bye for now
Closed Thread