Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 09:43 PM   #1  

Wink I'm giving it "ANOTHER" try...

Well, I'm at it again. I would love to have some help and encouragement to stick with it this time. I know what a health risk I am at and I hate it. I have the hardest time getting through the first 2 weeks or so. Do any of you have the same problem? I can make it through breakfast, but once I start getting hungry, it's really hard for me to stick to program. I would love to have some support partners here to keep in communication with. Thanks all
Old 10-06-2003, 01:34 AM   #2  
~*~Lani~*~

I'll stick with ya if you stick with me!!! i have that problem 1st ~2 weeks an im like a havoc makin some odd choices...my hardest time is in tha evening tho...i get thru tha day fine,but as soon as my folks start cookin dinner its like Oh well...imma eat what they are eatin...So anyways !! im here for ya
Old 10-06-2003, 01:58 AM   #3  

I am with you Bakeratn. I was the same way the first couple of weeks. I have now been OP going on five weeks and I have gotten used to it. I am a night time snaker. I love having my snacks at nite so I have learned I need to leave some points for after supper so I can have my popcorn and apple or have a single serving brownie if my chocolate craving hits. One thing I have been doing is getting snack items...pretzels, mini carrots, and bagging them in single serve sizes and putting the points on the bags..that way it's easy to keep track of the points...I also keep fruit cups handy in the fridge...These are some things I have used to get me started on the program...I am in the same boat as you and I want to get healthy and have a healthy life for a long time. If you need any help or encouragement, I'm hear for you

Bianca
Old 05-28-2004, 01:57 PM   #4  
Slimwithin

Count me in. I just started back on WW last week after being on low carb for the past couple of years (no success at all). The reason I switched back to WW is that it suddenly struck me that the only significant amount of weight that I've lost in the past 5 years was the full year I went to WW. It was only 27 lb which I found very discouraging because I need to loose 100+ but, except for the 8-10 lb I've been gaining and losing ever since, I've managed to keep most of it off. On low carb I was never hungry and didn't have cravings which was a real blessing, but I also didn't lose weight and gained a BUNCH if I strayed from the strict plan.
This first week back on WW, I've really been enjoying the whole grains and fruit again, but I realise that I must avoid the higher carb foods so I'm loading up on veggies and keeping fruit to just one or two lower glycemic index per day. It helps to have stuff prepared ahead. For example, yesterday I made a salad out of the Simply the Best WW cookbook. It's got chopped raw cauliflower and broccoli in it as well as red onion, red pepper and grated carrots. The dressing is an easy mix of light mayo and cider vinegar to which I added a bit of Splenda and salt/pepper which the recipe didn't call for. I noticed that it's even tastier after marinating in the fridge overnight. I find this kind of salad more filling than lettuce or even raw spinach, although I enjoy both of them too.
The other day I made another recipe out of the same book, called Chicken Cacciatore. With 1 cup of pasta it's an 8 point meal. I didn't think I'd be satisfied with just one piece of chicken thigh, but you know what? I was so full from salad and cooked green beans and the whole wheat pasta, that I was nice and full.
Anyhow, I hope to get to know you better and get tips from you. I refuse to go back to WW meetings. I'm sure I could probably teach them by now.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:03 AM   #5  

Hey , I kind of went backwards with the posts here . I hate to reintroduce myself . I'll bore even me . I kind of did an intro on Linda's thread , "does anyone post here?" I probably misquoted you Linda . I can't wait till saturday at my meeting . Not that I expect a loss ,( because I have been off point) , but we are getting "NEW" bars in . It's been a desert lately . They've been selling off the bars , to prepare for the new ones . We are going to be a test market . They are supposed to bring back some of the old favorites . I hope they bring back the oatmeal raisin . I hope you all post often & I will , too . Kathy
Old 06-03-2004, 10:58 PM   #6  

Hello everyone!

posted sometimes and noticed no one replied so I quit. I too have 100+ lbs to lose I am currently struggling as I think i can eat more then i should-not sure why. I have lost a total of 23lbs since jan. really frustrated that i haven't lost more but it didn't come on over night either. I have a goal set for myself to lose my 10% by the end of june. not sure if i can do this but I am sure going to try. I live in the houston, tx area. married but no children, yet. I do have 2 dogs so those are my babies for right now. if you keep posting i will post with you!

Michelle

SW/313
CW/289.2
GW/150
Old 06-04-2004, 01:34 AM   #7  

Hey Michelle , at least you're losing . I've been going the wrong way for a long time . I know what I need to do , I just need to do it . Plus I want to be a good influence on the two little ones i'm raising . I'm raising two of my grandbabies . Kati (6) doesn't care for meat & Christopher (8) doesn't care for fruits or vegies . They eat too much pizza & chicken nuggets ! ugh . I hope everyone has a great week . Kathy
Old 06-04-2004, 11:13 AM   #8  

good morning everyone!

I have an idea. every sunday we can start a thread with the heading of oh i don't know, Weight Wackers 100 club 6/6/04 ? who ever signs in and notices that the new week hasn't started can start it up ? let me know what you think. I will let you know what went on at the meeting tomorrow. Wish me luck

I need that keychain!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2004, 05:34 PM   #9  
2006 - Panda Remix

Thumbs up At last! An active WW 100 thread!

Hi Girls!

I have been checking in here regularly, so I was really pleased to see some activity here at last!

My name is Amanda and I have over 100lb to lose - I hang out in the 100lb club, and the Time For Serious Fun support group, but I'd really like to join a WeightWatchers thread. I think there may be a few differences between the UK and US, but at the end of the day, it's all about the points isn't it!

I am fairly new to WW - I joined a group in the new year but didn't have much success - I was feeling quite low and didn't commit to it 100%, and I was also put off by the fact that everyone in my group was REALLY slim and I didn't feel we had anything in common.

I do feel that WW is a good diet plan though, so I am trying it at home on my own - it was my first week last week and I lost 2lb, and my next weigh in is on Monday so I'll post my results here.

My fiance and i have recently decided to get married in the Caribbean - so I am really motivated to lose this weight once and for all! We would like to get married next year - so i've got just over 100lb to lose in the next year - so I could really do with your support!

I really hope this group stays up and running - I am here most days so will contribute regularly.

I agree with starting a new thread each week - It will help people to see we are active.

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Love Amanda x
Old 06-06-2004, 03:26 PM   #10  
Slimwithin

Hi. Terrific to see some activity in here finally. I'd nearly given up hope.
This has been a pretty good week for me. I've managed to stay OP and getting in a lot of veggies. Yesterday I made a cheesecake out of the Simply The Best cookbook except I tweaked it a bit to make it even lower in points. The recipe called for sugar but I used Splenda. It also called for low fat cream cheese and non fat sour cream but I substituted non fat yo-cheese for the cream cheese and it's really good, especially with some strawberries. I gave a slice to hubby last night and he didn't even realize that it was a diet recipe. Don't you love it when you can fool them?
Michelle, thanks for responding to my other post asking if anyone ever posted in this forum. You must live just south of me.
Anyhow, a bit about myself. I'm a 61 year old mother of two daughters. This year Peter and I will have been married 40 years. We have two grandsons who are 20 and 17 from our older daughter and our precious little granddaughter, Sarah, who lives in Scotland with our younger daughter and her hubby. Sarah is only 6 months old and we met her at Christmas time when she wasn't too aware of anything except her Mommy's breast. It will probably be some months before we see her again but thanks to the Internet we get lots of pictures and growth updates. Recently, I've been sewing her christening outfit and have to get that off in the mail soon as the christening is on July 4.
I live on a half acre and I have lengthy flower and shrub borders that take up a lot of my time. I don't exercise as much as I should but I do try to get to the pool two or three times a week and do an hour of deep water jogging there. If I can ever get some more weight off me I'd like to do some walking but right now I end up with bad back pains just walking slowly through the mall. I've been thinking about joining Curves and I'd like to know if anyone who goes there is finding it helpful. Is it hard on the joints?
Old 06-09-2004, 01:00 AM   #11  

Amanda , congratulations ! A Caribean wedding , how great . I would like to get remarried . I was married & divorced by the time I was 18 , with two babies . I have never remarried & am almost 43 . I think I would go away , too . that sounds great . I love the tropics . Kathy
Closed Thread