Old 01-02-2011, 10:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

Default Microwave apple crisp?

I had heard of a 'recipe' using cinnamon, sugar or sweetener, apples and oatmeal.... something to the effect of throwing it in the microwave for an apple crisp kind of thing.

I guess it's supposed to be a dessert like thing...

I tried it, but wasn't happy with the result. Perhaps I need to heat it longer or use more cinnamon.

If anyone has any idea of what I'm looking for, it would be greatly appreciated
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:42 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optical Goddess View Post
I had heard of a 'recipe' using cinnamon, sugar or sweetener, apples and oatmeal.... something to the effect of throwing it in the microwave for an apple crisp kind of thing.

I guess it's supposed to be a dessert like thing...

I tried it, but wasn't happy with the rs esult. Perhaps I need to heat it longer or use more cinnamon.

If anyone has any idea of what I'm looking for, it would be greatly appreciated
I don't have a recipe but I slice and peel and apple, sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice and nuke for 2-3 minutes until apples are soft. If I think it needs to be sweeter I'll add a packet of equal. I don't bother with the oats as I like it better without. If my apple is really small, I'll do two as it cooks down quite a bit and the portion looks really puny after cooking. I've thought a crumbled up graham cracker might be good sprinkled on top for crunch but I haven't tried it yet.

Last edited by Nicmom24; 01-03-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Nicmom24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8

Try this, it's soooo good:
Apple Granola Breakfast Bowl
1 apple peeled and cut into chunks (I don’t peel mine but you can)
1 Nature Valley Granola Bar (½ of a 2 bar package)
1 ½ tsp. sugar free vanilla pudding mix
1 tsp. splenda
1 ½ tsp. cornstarch
½ tsp. cinnamon
Dash salt

In a medium sized microwaveable bowl place pudding mix, splenda, cornstarch, cinnamon & salt. Add 1/3 cup cold water and stir until blended. Add apple chunks to the bowl and stir them in the mixture. Microwave for 2 ½ minutes but leave it in there without the microwave on for another 90 seconds so it thickens up. Meanwhile crunch up granola bar in little pieces. Remove bowl from microwave and stir in granola bar pieces.

I also change it up sometimes and do pears and raisins.
AndreaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote