Old 05-09-2010, 03:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 163.5/138.5/130

Height: 5'2

Question Basic Smoothie Guide? Help? :)

I got a blender for Mother's Day

Ive got fat free yogurt.

Ive got fruit.

But what's the basic - a lot of recipes call for 1 cup of crushed ice. Can anyone translate that to cubes for me? I use ice trays not an icemaker.

And just one container of any kind of yogurt?

And one serving of w/e kind of fruit?

I'm ready to make one but don't want to mess it up horribly or smoothie myself into a points nightmare
ThatGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/131.6/108

Height: 5'

i like to use frozen fruit instead of ice. I mix it with juice, or water. And occasionally whey protein.

with frozen fruit, it has the icy/thick consistency without watering it down. Also i've never used yogurt, because i don't like it, but that sounds like it would be a nice consistency with frozen fruit also
aware210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:06 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6

Hmmm. What I've been doing lately is using frozen fruit (a mix bag of strawberries, pineapple, and peaches), 1 cup yogurt, five whole ice cubes, and water. I think that the amount of water/ice cubes you use just depends on your personal preference of how thick you want your smoothie.

I'm not on WW and I've never done it before, but I imagine if you don't stray too far from the basic ingredients of fruit, fat free yogurt, and water/ice cubes you shouldn't derail your points. Let us know how it turns out!
Button is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Sign me up in the frozen fruit camp, sans ice. I find it so stiff with the ice that I have to add a little milk along with the yogurt. I don't follow a recipe, just puree the frozen fruit first, then enough yogurt to get the color right then enough milk to get the thickness right then enough truvia to get the sweetness right, lol!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:38 PM   #5  

I lie the froze fruit idea alot but i have a problem with alot of milk as i tend to get alergic reactions whenever i take alot of milk, can skimed milk do the trick really?

Last edited by andymo; 07-23-2010 at 03:39 AM.
andymo is offline   Reply With Quote