Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 03:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/141/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Weight watchers and Pregnancy

Well, I found out I am pregnant. Still not exactly sure how I feel about it. ( It wasnt planned.) But anyway, here's my story

Baby #1 (born 8/2003): I gained more than 50lbs. I stopped looking when I passed 200lbs. But I lost it all through WW and exercise.
Baby #2 (born 12/2005): I was focused and exercised everyday until I was nine months pregnant, and then started back with exercise 3 months post partum. I learned from my last pregnancy and gained 35lbs, and again lost it all with WW.
NOW: I need to know if I can safely do a version of WW when pregnant to keep my weight gain to 25 lbs. Does anyone know how many "points" a pregnant person should have?
I was so focused and was so close to my goal weight. Oh, well, I guess.
I know I should feel super blessed, but I am a bit confused at the moment. Sorry.

Thanks!
Old 07-30-2006, 04:16 PM   #2  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I know you need 300 additional calories in 2 and 3rd trimester. BUT that is above what you need to maintain, not loose. I followed the nursing points during the first half of my pregnancy but I wasn't gaining enough for my doc so I had to stop following WW. I gained 20 all together and lost it in the first 10 days post partum. Now I have to loose what I gained with baby 1, 2 and 3. lol
Old 07-31-2006, 08:36 AM   #3  

Just for a hint postpartum - breast feeding is a great way to help you lose weight. Your body will efficiently use the weight you gained in pregnancy to help feed your baby. Even just 6 weeks of it is a help.

I learned that by doing the opposite. After my first pregnancy, I was so accustomed to the portions I'd been eating DURING pregnancy, that I kept eating them even when I wasn't hungry... out of fear of starving my lil guy. Stupid! I should've listened to my body and not eat when I wasn't hungry!! I maintained my weight until I stopped breastfeeding at 8months.. then BAM I exploded! So my suggestion if you do this is try to listen to your body first of all.

I bet WW Core would be great for pregnancy, but that's just my thought on it considering the whole healthy foods you'd be eating that they recommend for pregnancy.

Otherwise, perhaps you could find a meeting in your area, even just to attend one to find out if this is doable in your situation or not. A lot of times the first meeting is free.
Closed Thread