Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 10:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 86/86/76 kg

Height: 157 cm

Talking New here, need help to reach my goal!

I posted this in buddy up, but as I'm doing WW at home, I should introduce myself...

Hi!!

I'm new here and decided to register after realizing I needed help and support to stop eating.

I've been dieting for the last 15 years and ended up heavier every time. I started WW last year and, as usual, quitted, although I managed to loose 3 kilos in 3 months...

I live in Mexico, and on weekends, I am a hospital clown and visit public hospitals trying to make things a little easier for kids, medical personnel and families... last weekend I was trying to convince a 12 years old kid to take his medicine (he is terminally ill). He was quite cranky, and asked me if everything I did in my daily life was easy, I said no. He asked me what was difficult for me, and I answered that diet was something I could never do. He asked why I was asking him to do something he doesn't like and I could not stay on a diet, which obviously I don't like!!! He challenged me, if he took his medicine, I would start my diet. After trying not to cry out of self-shame , I agreed to accept the challenge...

I've been on WW on my own (not enough $$ to go the meetings) since last Sunday, and tomorrow is my weigh in day.

Every time I want to out, all I have to do is remember him...

So, if he can do all those things he hates, why couldn’t I stay on a diet and loose the extra weight all the doctors and family is asking me to loose for my own health.

Wish me luck!!
Old 05-07-2006, 06:37 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Tete06,
Welcome to the group!! I am fairly new here myself, I am hoping to keep motivated and help motivate as well. There are many people here to help us to meet our goals, so I know that we can do it!
I have to say that what you do is very commendable!! It must be so hard to see so many ill children and help them to stay positive through it all. Keep up the great and very important work.
Nice to "meet" you!
Darcy
Old 05-07-2006, 10:46 AM   #3  

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome.

It is really hard to see those kids, but also very rewarding. When I started 3 years ago visiting hospitals, I did it because I felt the need to do something that was useful, and as I can't help charities with $$, but had two free hands and free weekends, well there we go (my husband is also a hospital clown so we do this together). I thought that I was going to give my time, but opposite to that, I've been receive life lessons from kids and their families. Lessons including never to give up no matter how hard things look, that a family that sticks together always makes things easier for kids, that despite of their illness, they are still kids wanting to play and laugh.

It has become a need to me to visit hospitals at least once a week.

Thank you again, and I'll head to weigh in forum. I was going to weigh in on Mondays, but with morning rush, I'm changing it to Sundays.

"Read" you around...

Last edited by Mafalda; 05-21-2006 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:58 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Are you in the WW at home group as well? I just started posting my weigh in's today too.
I think that it will be very helpful for me to have this group for support. I am going to start up the Beat the Bulge game 4 too, it starts tomorrow and if you are interested, it will be in the support groups as BTB game 4. It sounds like fun!
Take Care!
Darcy
Old 05-07-2006, 12:43 PM   #5  

I registered yesterday and I'll post in WW at home, also posted today at weigh-in .

I'll look for the BTB game, really don't know what it is about
Closed Thread