Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 09:12 AM   #1  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Default Weigh in at home 3/13 - 3/19

Hello all

I finally had a decent week...scale showed 164 this morning (so that means it did not go up this week!!!!) - YES!!! This is the motivation I need to get back to where I was!!

Today is our 2nd wedding anniversary

Hope everyone had a great weekend and I'll check back later
Old 03-13-2006, 09:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all

Emily - Congrats on a good week and Happy Anniversary!

Kim - Welcome and congrats on a great start. I'm with you on trying to control diabetes with diet. Good luck to you.

Tanya - I'm glad to hear that your mom agreed to babysit, albeit reluctantly. The jewelry class sounds like it was a good time. It's always so gratifying to create something with your own hands, I think.

Our weekend was busy - lots of activity. I did well at the spaghetti dinner on Friday. Saturday we had a gym day with the adoption group we belong too. Lots of climbing, running and swimming for Ana. It wasn't the most nutritionally balanced day for me, nor was Sunday, but they weren't bad and they're done. No bike on Saturday or Sunday as I was dealing with both a stiff knee and stiff back. The back's still stiff, but my knee is fine, so I'll be hopping back on today.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 03-13-2006, 11:07 AM   #3  

Do you mind if I join?

I'm doing WW at home. I'm weighing in on Monday mornings.

A little bit of background on me. I'm 33, have two sweet sons and a terrific DH. My youngest son is about to turn one and although I've lost the pregnancy weight, I'm trying to get to a better weight for my height. I've either been trying to conceive (using fertility drugs), pregnant, or nursing since 1998. I'm still nursing my youngest son. But I've decided that it is now time to focus on ME!

My first weigh in today showed a loss of 2.5 lbs.

I look forward to meeting all of you!
Old 03-13-2006, 01:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 148/125.5/105

Hi Everyone!

My first Monday weigh-in, and I came in at 125.5 lbs- which means that I've lost half a pound. Not too bad, considering my Sunday consisted heavily of food and sloth. I'm ready to pick up my exercise this week! Good luck to everyone else!
Old 03-13-2006, 06:07 PM   #5  

Emily ~ Happy Anniversary!!! WTG on maintaining. Did you find any races to inspire you?

Carla ~ Sounds like you had a fun weekend. Hope your knee and back are better soon.

Stacy ~ :Welcome: It's so nice to see so many new people joining. WTG on your 2.5lb loss. Awesome start.

Davina ~ WTG on the 1/2lb loss. A loss is a loss no matter how small. Good luck with your exercise.

I'm dreading my weigh-in tomorrow as I've had a shocking week as far as eating goes. I've kept up the exercise but have been feeling rather down and food as been my consolation. Usually it doesn't take much for me to fall off the wagon completely after doing so well for a while but I'm determined that this time will be different. I have you all for support and I need to win this war once and for all.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:05 PM   #6  

Tanya - The videos I got are from a company started by Tracy Long who was in the original Firm videos. The company is called Tracy Long Training and the basis of the videos are functional fitness - making sure that you work opposing muscle groups and don't over do one over the other, working on balance and fitness that you need in every day life, especially important as we get older. I did Endurance for Movement (I think that's what it was called) on Sat and I did Finding Your Core today. Boy, did I feel the video yesterday - chest, butt, and arms. My hip felt pretty good too. As far as the weigh in tomorrow goes - it will be what it will be. Read the number, own it and forget it and just climb back on the wagon. I'm holding out my hand - can you see it (half way around the world and in another hemisphere)?

Carla - Glad to hear the spaghetti dinner at school went well. Sorry to hear that you back and knee were stilff. WTG on hopping on the bike today! I did pretty good with exercise last week after a slow start. I did a long (new) video on Sat (an hour - it's been ages since I did one that long) and it felt good afterwards. I meant to do something Sunday but after grocery shopping we went out to Krista and Anthony's. Anthony and I went to see The Shaggy Dog and by the time we got home it was pretty late. As I just mentioned. I did manage to do another tape today. I may skip tomorrow - we have a faculty meeting tomorrow and I'll be getting home a little on the later side. Maybe I'll try to get in a little yoga, I'll see.

Emily - WTG on a good week and a good result on the scale. Happy Anniversary!

Stacey - Of course you can join - welcome! Good for you for focusing on yourself (you deserve it!) and on a great loss!

Davina - Welcome and congratulations on the half pound!

I had a good weigh in on Saturday. I was down 0.8 pounds - which allows me to move my ticker here and puts me at 1.8 pounds for March - more than 1/2 way to my goal of 3 to 4 pounds a month. I had a good weekend - pretty good eating-wise and exercise-wise. It was a good day at work - 2nd grade and I'll be in the same class tomorrow which is nice. So far so good as far as my exercise goals - most days last week I exercise 30 minutes or more. This week I'm trying to concentrate on the "healthy practices." I don't have a problem with water or fruits and vegetables usually. I am concentrating on makingsure I had the milk each day.

Rachel - haven't heard from you in a while - I hope all is well!

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 03-14-2006, 08:30 AM   #7  
Caden's Mommy

DH and I had our anniversary dinner last night - nothing too spectacular - we had Italian. In a nutshell, the food was good, the service was lousy and I didn't spend nearly as many points as I thought I would

Carla - glad you had a good spaghetti dinner - Italian is my fav...sorry to hear about your knee...have you tried icing it?

Stacey - welcome to the thread!!

Brunette - congrats on the 1/2 pound loss! down is always better than up

Silverfern - Glad to hear you are keeping a positive attitude...I hope your weigh-in turned out ok. Yes, I have found a race to train for - thanks for asking! It's a 15K (~9 mi) at the end of April at a Germanfest north of the Dallas/Fort Worth area - I think it will be a lot of fun!
Old 03-14-2006, 03:02 PM   #8  
Canadian, eh?

Hi everyone,

Emily - good for you for getting firmly back on track, and congratulations on a good weigh in! Happy belated Anniversary!

Carla - WTG on getting back on the bike. Glad to hear your knee is feeling better.

Tanya, sorry to hear you've had such a tough time with emotional eating, but you've recognized it as what it is, and that's a victory!

Welcome, Stacey! Congrats on your 2.5 lb loss - that's awesome!

Congratulations on your loss, Davina!

Judy - congrats on your loss too! Glad to see you're getting some workouts with your videos.

What I learned last week: DON'T BUY WHITE BREAD, EVER! Last week I bought a sesame white loaf to make french toast with, and it triggered a week long session of terrible eating. TERRIBLE, I say. I had the whole loaf gone the next day, and moved right into all the sugary crap. I'm over it today, but from now on, only sprouted whole grain bread will make it into the house. I don't even want to think about weighing in tomorrow. Oh well.

Have a good day...

Karen
Old 03-14-2006, 04:48 PM   #9  

Quick checkin for my weigh-in - Mum's coming over shortly so will catch up later.

Gained .3kg (2/3 of a lb) which wasn't as bad as I expected given my bad eating this week. The exercise obviously helped keep much of it at bay. Hope to make up for it this week.

CYL.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:14 PM   #10  

Karen - well, white bread happens. Sorry about the not-so-great week but it's over an done with and never shall that white bread cross the threshold again! I'm sure the weigh in won't be as bad as you think - in any case, those bad choices are over and done with. Did you manage to make it to Curves last week? If you did, don't forget to pat yourself on your back!

Tanya - Glad to hear that your gain was so small. Now it's time to climb back on the wagon, keep exercising and that 0.3 kg will be gone next week and then some!

I'm struggling with myself right now. I had a disappointment last night when I checked the interview schedule at my grad school. Granted, I only applied to 4 school districts (most were not my certifications) but I didn't get a single interview! I guess deep down I really expected to get at least one and maybe that wasn't realistic given the numbers and the job situation but I'm pretty bummed and trying not to eat through it. So far so good - I had a WW English Toffee bar (2 pts) and am going to get myself either some fruit or a glass of milk and a piece of (core) oatmeal bread. I did a half hour of stretching after work which felt good. I guess once I get the resume out to districts directly, I'll feel a little better - doing something always feels better than waiting. In the meantime, I'm hanging in there. Oh, and one of the teachers at school asked me today if I was losing weight - at least that felt good!

Have a great evening,
Judy
Old 03-14-2006, 10:25 PM   #11  

Judy ~ Thanks for the hand, I really need it at the moment. I've allowed myself to be off-plan until tomorrow as today is my birthday so I want to enjoy the day without worrying about what I put in my mouth too much. The videos sound great. I have the odd one at home but nothing that really lets me feel I've done something. Core Secrets is okay, but I like a little soreness the next day so I know I've done something and it just doesn't do that. It's great that your hip is a little better - hope it continues to improve so you can resume your usual exercise level. WTG on your loss, that's awesome that you're doing so well with your goal. Slowly but surely is definitely the key to longterm success. Sorry you didn't have any luck this far with your applications. Do you teach new entrant level? I don't know how jobs are in your area, but in NZ they always say they're crying out for teachers but I know some teachers struggling to get jobs. My BIL (a high-school English teacher) and SIL went to Hong Kong for a few years to teach English and my BIL found it very difficult getting a job when he returned home, which is surprising as male teachers are very sought after here. He was a relief teacher for about 3 years and finally got a permanent job this year in another town about 2 hours away so they've had to move. Good luck with your district resumes - hope something turns up for you soon. WTG on your weight-loss being noticed - that's always a good motivator.

Emily ~ I love Italian, especially the naughty creamy meals. Glad you enjoyed your dinner even though the service was lousy. WTG on finding a new race to train for - 15ks is huge. I could walk that no problem but my running fitness is very poor - I manage about 5-10 minutes at most. I don't get to run much anyway as I usually have my youngest with me, or walk with a friend who's not into running. I was hoping to do the City to Surf on Sunday, which is 12ks but my Mum is having the kids on Saturday night (she changed her mind) and I need to pick them up early. Might just have to do that distance on my own when I get home.

Karen ~ Sorry the white bread gave you such a rough week. I love any white bread but it's very rare I buy any as I have the same issue - although that seems to apply with any type of refined carb. I've always bought grainy bread which my kids love. My 6 yo went through a phase of refusing to eat white bread as he loves the grainy bread so much. Bit of a hassle at other people's houses as most people I know buy white bread. Glad you're over it though - good luck for your weigh-in tomorrow, hope the damage is minimal.

Better go and prepare dinner as I need to drop Devon to cricket practice soon. We're having roast chicken and vegetables tonight - yum, can't wait. I think Gary's bringing home a dessert, so I'll go as easy as I can as I've already had more than my share of treats today. Tomorrow I'm back OP for sure.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:09 AM   #12  
Caden's Mommy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TANYA!!!!

Old 03-16-2006, 12:24 AM   #13  
Canadian, eh?

Happy Birthday, Tanya - hope you've had a great day!

Old 03-16-2006, 07:55 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Stacey – Welcome and congratulations on a great first weigh in. It’s hard to remember to think of ourselves once in awhile, but it’s so important.

Davina – Congrats on your loss!

Tanya –Happy Birthday, a day late! Sorry about the gain, but it will be gone right away, I’m sure. I’m sorry to hear you’re having a tough time with food. I understand. I also understand falling off the wagon completely after a bad week. It’s why I’m still struggling to lose after all these years. But you’re right, you’re not going to do that this time. Grab our hands and we’ll pull you back on the wagon.

Judy – Congrats on your loss! I’m so glad to hear you’ve gotten a couple of exercise videos in. I know how happy it makes you to be able to get your workouts done. And yay for your hip feeling ok afterwards! I bet it was a blast taking Anthony to the movies. Those Tracy Long videos sound good. Maybe I’ll see if the library has them. I’m so sorry to hear that you didn’t get an interview from the districts in which you applied. Don’t take it personally, the job market is tough. Hang in there and a great position will come your way.

Emily – I’m glad to hear your dinner was good and ended up point-friendly. Sorry about the service. Italian is one of my favorites, but then again I am Italian-American. I didn’t ice my knee – it’s something that happens every once-in-awhile and goes away in a day usually.

Karen – White bread is the work of the devil. I could easily eat a loaf of good bakery bread in one sitting, preferably slathered with butter. Sorry to hear it sent you into a sugar frenzy. Here’s to a calmer week.

I'm happy to report a 1 pound loss. It probably would have been higher had I been a bit better over the weekend, but I'll take it! Other than that, it's same old, same old here. I've been on the bike Mon. - Wed so far. Today I skipped it as I'm having a stress test this morning and I figure I'll get a workout in then. And now I must run to leave for said stress test.

Have a great day.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:34 PM   #15  
Coop class of '82

Pleased to report that I removed 5 lbs this week Getting closer to Onderland, I haven't been there for a LONG time so I'm looking forward to it. Have a good day all, gotsta get going to work *blah*
Closed Thread