3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW At Home (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home-22/)
-   -   Help this fat slob (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home/71326-help-fat-slob.html)

bre_das_me 01-01-2006 04:14 PM

Help this fat slob

Please help me I have been overweight mostly all of my life. I need help I need support, a buddy, a person to talk to. I am sick of everybody asking me when am I due. I have a big stomach I look like I am 9 months pregnant. I am very depressed I want to do something about it but I need help. I have failed at every diet I have been on I would like someone to tell me what foods I can eat to loose my stomach and what I need to do. I don't go out unless its work and when I do go out once in a blue moon I am a seat warmer. I am so depressed at times I just want to sit in the house and never come out. PLEASE HELP ME !!! Thank u. Help me to loose and keep it off !

dinhelga 01-01-2006 04:31 PM

You Are Not A Fat Slob!!

First of all do not call yourself names. You are not a fat slob.You are a kind and loving person. I just joined today. So I do not know much about this site. But talking to others is going to be great. I have ordered the Somomia diet book.So I would like to follow it. My problem is eating after 6:00pm. So i will have to work on changing it.

dinhelga 01-01-2006 04:40 PM

you sound so negative. Stop playing the victim

bre_das_me 01-01-2006 04:51 PM

How do I get started? I am already a WWM @ work but I would like to have a buddy online anything I don't hardly have any friends that want to lose weight or is serious and plus I really dont have many friends

Moon Jaguar 01-01-2006 06:28 PM

I'm beginning to think you need some professional help for those self-esteem issues. If you feel that down about yourself, going on a diet will be pretty dang difficult.

You say you're already in WW at work. Ask yourself this, are you going there to lose weight, make healthier food and lifestyle choices or to make friends?

cece 01-01-2006 06:41 PM

Other people can offer you support and encouragement, but no one can help you lose weight and keep it off. You have to do that yourself with hard work and determination. I'm curious as to why you say in your first post that you need someone to tell you what to eat and how to do it when in your next post you say you're a member of WW at work. WW gives you plenty of tools for how to do it and as for what food you can eat, you can eat anything, in moderation, as long as you plan for it. I think a good first step for you would be your doctor. Your doc might recommend theraphy and meds to help with the depression and he or she can refer you to a dietician or a nutrionist to help you make healthy food choices. Good luck to you. You can do this.

DeafinlySmart 01-01-2006 07:09 PM

Mostly, you have to think positive, believe you can, and tackle the job. You already have the tools, but you also have the mindset. Without it, you'll fail when the going gets tough and it is plenty tough. Also, don't despair when you fall a little. Just don't fall all the time.

I suffer depression too, so I look for coping strategies. Plan ahead. Make a master list of foods you wouldn't mind eating and are allowed to eat (along with portion amounts) and refer to that when things get tough. I especially make sure I add 5 min meals to that list so that I don't resort to fast food when I'm just too miserable to think things through. Another handy trick is when I grocery shop, I go ahead and write down what I got to make or snack with. I post it on the fridge. I don't want to overshop and mostly I don't want to think I have nothing in the house worth eating then sit and eat the bad stuff.

Move. Get out of the house. Don't have to be an extensive excercise program. Go shopping. Walk at the park. Staying in the house (unless you have crowd phobias) really bring depression down. Believe me, this is something I have to remind myself as well.

As far as friends, be a quality friend. Don't worry about how many you have. You have to be a good (positive) friend in order to make one. You also again, have to get out of the house. This is a challenge for me because I move a lot (husband works in the federal govt).

Believe in yourself. Believe in others. Believe in life. Dieting should not be the thing that cures your life.

andreaphilip3 01-01-2006 07:38 PM

can u switch to a ww center? maybe more meetings would help. i get lil support too so i myself have needed 2 meetings weekly to lose 54 lbs.

bre_das_me 01-02-2006 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinhelga
First of all do not call yourself names. You are not a fat slob.You are a kind and loving person. I just joined today. So I do not know much about this site. But talking to others is going to be great. I have ordered the Somomia diet book.So I would like to follow it. My problem is eating after 6:00pm. So i will have to work on changing it.

Thanks for the advice.

bre_das_me 01-02-2006 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moon Jaguar
I'm beginning to think you need some professional help for those self-esteem issues. If you feel that down about yourself, going on a diet will be pretty dang difficult.

You say you're already in WW at work. Ask yourself this, are you going there to lose weight, make healthier food and lifestyle choices or to make friends?

First of all.... I said I just joined on 1-2-06, I really dont care about making friends at weight watchers.... when that time comes it comes. I am there to lose weight I am there to make healthier lifestyle changes. Yes this is how I feel about my self (being fat) but I also know its time to make a change enough is enough, I am depressed because of my weight not because I don't have a lot of friends.... That is why I asked someone/ anyone to be a buddy, Y do u say I need professional help??? I know I don't need that because I am going to get through this I am just tired of the weight that is all...

bre_das_me 01-02-2006 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cece
Other people can offer you support and encouragement, but no one can help you lose weight and keep it off. You have to do that yourself with hard work and determination. I'm curious as to why you say in your first post that you need someone to tell you what to eat and how to do it when in your next post you say you're a member of WW at work. WW gives you plenty of tools for how to do it and as for what food you can eat, you can eat anything, in moderation, as long as you plan for it. I think a good first step for you would be your doctor. Your doc might recommend theraphy and meds to help with the depression and he or she can refer you to a dietician or a nutrionist to help you make healthy food choices. Good luck to you. You can do this.

Thank u for your advice, I said in my post is there anyone that could tell me what to eat to loose the belly. I was reading or watching something that said it is certain kinds of foods u can eat that will help u loose your belly! 2nd I just joined WW on 1-2-06 so how would I know anything about any tools if I haven't even gone to the meeting yet! Why do u think I need a Doctor? All I know is that it is time for me to get this weight off of me because enough is enough and I found this site to see if I could buddy up or get advice /support from someone that has or is in my shoes.

srmb60 01-02-2006 01:33 PM

I can answer the question about belly fat. Nope, you can't spot reduce and I'm pretty sure there are no magic belly-fat burning foods
Lay flat on your back. Grab a handful of squishy middle. It feels like fat because it is. Now lift your head so that your abdominal muscles are taut. You can feel the soft fat over the hard muscle underneath.
You ... I ... we ... just need to lose fat.
Think of it like butter layered all over a piece of bread. If you ... I ... we ... lose fat, it'll come off all over. Not necessarily evenly because some folks store fat in different areas, but it'll go away, honest.

cece 01-02-2006 02:34 PM

Bre - In all fairness, all you said was you already did WW at work. You didn't mention that you had just joined and had yet to attend a meeting. How was I to know you didn't already have the tools you needed? My suggestion to see a dr. was based on your statements that you were very depressed. Depression shouldn't go unchecked, plus a referral to a nutritionist would help give you some of the additional guidance re: food choices that you seemed to have wanted.

snapplegirl69 01-23-2006 09:23 PM

Hi bre and welcome.To loose the belly fat,its dieting and cardio.To start,try a couple times a week for 40 minutes of nothing but cardio.Whether it be treadmill(or walking) exercise bike or a strair climber3-4 times a week 45 minutes each time,you will see results after 30 days.I have 3 weeks left to go with hitting my thrity days,so I will let you know how it goes.Dieting alone will not get rid of fat.I have lost 42 pounds but still have a pooch