Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 12:05 PM   #1  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Default Weigh in at Home 11/13-11/19

Hi Guys

Just thought I would start this week's thread.

Our vacation was completely awesome - The Grand Canyon rocks - I liked it way more than I thought I would.

My new nieces are too cute too

I managed to be good over vacation (of course getting a cold and not being hungry much anyway always helps too...) and when I weighed in yesterday morning I weighed in at 179 - woohoo!! Five more pounds until I reach my wedding weight!!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Emily
Old 11-14-2005, 12:40 PM   #2  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Ok, Good for you Auntie Em! I am so proud of you!
As for me....well, I weighed in today (at 209 with clothes on and after breakfast and coffee) so it isn't as bad as I thought. I have started getting back to counting points today and have a ww crockpot meal (sweet and sour chicken) in the crockpot for tonight. I am gonna go walk on the treadmill for 25 mins (5 warm and 15 fast 5 cool) I am fat and nasty and gonna get back down! I AM HERE GIRLS!!!!
Old 11-14-2005, 07:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 243/150

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

Talking

I had a good week-5 pounds!!!
We even went out for Chinese and I did great-no fried rice, no crab rangoon.
My sister-in-law and daughter-in-law both started doing WW when they saw how great it was going for me.
I put up all the outside Christmas decorations today since it was very warm. I know it seems so early but I don't wanna freeze my butt doing it.
My menu is all planned for Thanksgiving all WW friendly.
Keep up the good work girls...stay strong around the holidays!!
Old 11-15-2005, 08:48 AM   #4  
kellyjoiii

WOW...five lbs is great! You are doing AWESOME!!
Christmas decorations already? Teehee...I want to but my DH would kill me LOL. I already told the boys we would do it the Friday after Thanksgiving. I dont really have to worry about cold weather though
As for me....I am going to eat when I am hungry today and try to figure out when that is. I need to eat when hungry NOT all the time or during stress times. Also, see how core will work for me. I made a ww dinner last night but we had pizza instead so we shall see what it is like...and it is actually a core food (or 4pts-flex) without the rice. I will let ya'll know how things went tomorrow!
I love you girls!
Old 11-15-2005, 04:24 PM   #5  
nursegal

Hi! This is my first weight-in and I am on day 2 of my first week of WW. It is so hard to say no to the temptations, but I am succeeding! Your posts are all inspirational!! I am posting a new recipie in the dessert section for frozen yogurt pie if anyone is interested.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:27 AM   #6  
Back on Program!

Default A Good Week!!

Hi everyone! I am happy to report a 2.5lb loss this week!! Hooray!
Welcome back from vacation Auntie Em! And welcome to the forum nursegal!

Kelly Jo I am happy you are still here and still trying. We are all here for you so don't give up!

I have had a crazy week so far. My cat has a broken leg! I am picking him up from the vet this am with his little kitty splint on and hopefully not too huge of a vet bill! We still have no idea how he fractured his femur, but I am very happy we didnt' have to go with surgery.
Went on a field trip with my second graders class on Monday and had to work yesterday. Today it's pick up the cat and figure out where to keep him confined, and hopefully fit in some gym time after lunch with 4th grade.

Hope everyone is having a good week, I'll post more later!
Old 11-16-2005, 09:04 AM   #7  
kellyjoiii

Ok girls.....Rachel, I am so proud of you! 195...you are doing great! I am so sorry about your kitty..I hope the bill isnt too big (I know we just went to the vet yesterday for shots and spent 40 bucks).

I am happy to report that I weighed this am and I am at 205.5. Rachel.....I will try to keep the weigh ins with you! (although I am a compulsive weigher) and I am also happy to say I STUCK OP all day yesterday and even resisted temptation when stressed out and standing in front of a pan of brownies. I am following Core right now to get rid of the sugar cravings. I will be back later after taking Nathan to school....keep up the great work everyone!
Old 11-16-2005, 12:53 PM   #8  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Default Mini-victory for me!!

Hi guys

I have a bit of a mini-victory to celebrate from last night. Hubby and I went to Olive Garden b/c it's actually cold now - sort of...we were wanting some soup.

I ordered my pasta and got minestrone soup. I only had ONE breadstick - how cool is that?

Although I did have two bowls of minestrone soup, I barely touched my pasta and had enough for an extra 2-3 meals...go me!! I've never done that at Olive Garden before!!

and then I ran three miles on the treadmill after we got home - woohoo

Kelli - that's great that you are down to 205 - keep up the good work

welcome nursegal!

I love how the little bananas and carrots are in sequence!
Old 11-16-2005, 02:13 PM   #9  

Hi guys,

When I weighed in Mondy, I was down a lb. I am so close to 30 lbs being gone. I can't wait to go home at Thanksgiving and show off. Realizing I am back around my pre-pregnancy weight. Hope everyone is having a great week!
Old 11-16-2005, 02:55 PM   #10  
Back on Program!

Default Kitty Kat

Hi everyone. The cat came home with a green cast on his whole back leg---I tried to upload a photo but it won't work! Poor thing. He will be living in the bathroom for the next month where we can keep him confined. The bill was $200! Ouch---not telling DH how much, he's not a cat person. If it was the dog, it would be another story.
I had to miss my gym time this morning because I had to pick up the cat, so I am going to try to go this afternoon. Things are already getting so busy and the holidays aren't even here yet! I am tired just thinking about it.

Talk to everyone later. Good job at Olive Garden Emily, and Stacy you are doing great too! The most important thing is to keep on trying no matter what!
Old 11-16-2005, 05:08 PM   #11  

great job everyone! I'm new here but figure I'll jump in with my weekly weigh in. I'm down 3 lbs!

Keep up the good work

Old 11-16-2005, 08:57 PM   #12  

Wow! So many posts and a few newcomers. Welcome!!! I'm totally zonked - will have to make this a fly-by post. I was up 1.2 pounds this Saturday's weigh-in but that was after a dinner of pizza at 10:30 at night after spending 7 hours in the emergency room with my father. Everything is OK, thank goodness. I have subbed twice this week (!) and volunteered in 1st grade yesterday. Busy, busy, busy. I hope to get on sometime tomorrow afternoon and post more about the weekend and the week as well as respond personally. Right now though, I just have to veg a bit. Subbing in kindergarten will do that to you!

Judy
Old 11-16-2005, 10:02 PM   #13  
kellyjoiii

Judy, glad to hear everything is ok w/your dad. Veg....relaxation is important!

Girls...I just wanted to say that I made this recipe cause I was hungry for pie....and it is AWESOME! I figured it is totally core and for the WHOLE recipe......like 6 points?
I cannot take the credit though I got it off the ww recipes and did a little tweakin.

Ultimate Pumpkin Pie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 (15 oz.) Can Pure Pumpkin
5 oz. Fat Free Evaporated Milk
3/4 Cup Splenda Granular (I USED 1/2 and found it to be REALLY SWEET-I wouldnt use more but that is ME)
2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice (I USED 1.5 tsp and sprinkled cinnamon on top before baking)
2 Eggs (I USED 4 EGG WHITES)
Fat Free Cool Whip (optional)

Combine all ingredients. Spray a pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Pour pumpkin mixture directly into pan. Bake @ 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Cool Completely. Serve with 2 Tablespoons of Fat Free Cool Whip if desired.

This is AWESOME and I have eaten three pcs of it! I didnt even miss the crust (ok not much)
Old 11-18-2005, 09:38 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Emily – Congrats on your terrific progress and especially for being good over vacation! Way to go at Olive Garden!

Kelly – Learning to distinguish when I’m really hungry and eating then and only then is something I’ve been struggling with for forever. Yay for your for having a good OP day and resisting brownies!

Kristie – Congrats on a great loss! Good for you for having a WW friendly Thanksgiving menu planned out. And how great is it that you’ve inspired your sister-in-law and your daughter-in-law.

Nursegal – Welcome.

Rachel – Great loss – congratulations! Your poor kitty. I hope he heals soon. I’m going on a field trip with my daughter this afternoon (with her brownie troop) to a chocolate shop of all places.

Stacy – Welcome and congrats on your loss!

Forestdawn – Welcome and congrats on a great loss to you too!

Judy – Sorry to hear about your gain and about spending so much time in the emergency room. I’m glad to hear your dad is ok. Sounds like you’ve been doing a lot of subbing – good for you! Kindergarteners will wear you out. One and ½ hours with them on a Sunday used to do me in.

My mom had knee replacement surgery last Friday. The surgery went well and she was moved to a rehab center on Tuesday. Her therapy is going very well. Both the hospital and rehab center are about a 40 minute drive from my house. It's not a bad drive, but between visiting her and work, it's made for long days, missed meals, late meals, bad meals, not enough water..... I haven't even really weighed in. I have a doctor's appointment in a few weeks and have to get my blood drawn again to have my sugar level tested, so I had better get on the stick. And I better be able to report to him that I've been exercising. I don't even know what we're doing for Thanksgiving yet as I don't know where my mom will be. And now I'm off to run errands.

Have a great day and a terrific weekend.

Carla
Old 11-18-2005, 02:55 PM   #15  
Back on Program!

Kelly Jo---Keep up the good work!! I am sooo proud of you! I might just have to try your pie.

Judy---glad your dad is okay. Good luck with the kindergarteners---I would shoot myself! I can barely make it thru a field trip!

Carla--Glad your mom is okay, and I know how having her in the hospital has turned life upside down! Just try to hang in there. Try to squeeze in a walk around the block after dinner if you can, at least it's something!

As for me, I did make it to the gym today. Tonight I am having a "date night" with my hubby, can't even remember the last one we had! I will do my best at dinner but I won't deprive myself.
I am kinda bummed because we are not going to that fancy Holiday Ball after all--my hubby can't get off work, and there will be higher-ups from the FD there so it's not like he can call in sick. I'm glad I didn't get a dress!

On the up side----we have decided to bite the bullet and go to Hawaii next year! We put the deposit down yesterday! There is a ff that my hubby works with, he is from Hawaii and he is doing a group trip next summer. It's very expensive but actually a good deal (getting there from FL is the killer airfare). SOme of our friends are going as well. Anyway we have to come up with the $$$ so someone will be working OT, be it him or me! We have always wanted to go and if we keep saying "someday" it will never happen. I did the math and if I lose about 7lbs a month until the trip, I will be at my goal!! Can you girls help me do it??? I hope the holidays don't do me in. I want to look good at the beach and have a fabulous time, so I am really going to try try try!!!

Talk to you later!!!
Closed Thread