3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW At Home (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home-22/)
-   -   Weigh in at home 6/18 - 6/24 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home/6561-weigh-home-6-18-6-24-a.html)

JudySP 06-18-2001 09:46 AM

Weigh in at home 6/18 - 6/24

I'll be back after catching up.

JudySP 06-18-2001 10:31 AM

I've got to make this pretty quick since I'm swamped at work. The good news is that I lost 0.4 this week - I was hoping to see a larger loss but at least I'm moving in the right direction. I did Ok over the weekend until last night. I was aggravating since Sat evening about a disagreement with my bil on Sat - long story - they ended up leaving before dinner - and I gave into emotional eating - knowingly, but that didn't stop me. I calculated the damage and I've got a 10 point deficit to work off (and this is PMS week!) but I'd whittle it away a little each day. Another piece of good news is that I saw the doctor this morning and my cholesterol numbers are good - I hope they stay that way for my next 3 month check. He gave me an anti-inflammatory for my shoulder - he said it could be a bursitis. If the pills don't work in 2 wks it's back to him for an injection. If that doesn't work, it's off to see an orthopedist (for a look at my rotator cuff). Hopefully the pills will help.

Back to work - hope it was a good weigh in for everyone!
Judy
163.5/ 157.2/135

cece 06-18-2001 01:22 PM

Hello everyone, and welcome to another week!

Judy - Congratulations on the loss! I know you're wishing it were more, but that's 0.4 less that you have to lose and 0.4 closer to your goal! Sorry to hear you had a disagreement with your BIL and that it led to emotional eating. Stay focused and you'll be able to whittle away that extra pound, even with the PMS.

I'm posting a maintain. It's not the loss that I wanted (but didn't work hard enough for) but I'm pleased to be holding steady and not gaining. I gave in to stress eating on Friday. I did better over the weekend, but had too much salty food and not enough water, I think. As for my goal to journal - I made it through Thursday. So, I will continue to work on that this week. My behavioral change for this week is to eat more slowly. I wolf my food down so quickly that I can put quite a bit of food away before I register that I'm full. I'm always amazed at friends that can leave food on their plates (especially french fries) and astounded that my co-workers can't make it completely through the Chinese food from our favorite take-out. But I know it's because they eating slowly and feel their fullness.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
260/260/140

Pepper 06-18-2001 11:15 PM

Judy - Congratulations on the loss. As you said, at least you are moving in the right direction. Sorry the emotional eating got to you, but at least you calculated the damage and know where you stand for the week. Good job getting those cholesterol numbers down.

Carla - Congratulations on the maintain. Sorry the stress eating got to you too. I know what you mean about eating too fast. I eat so fast that I start thinking I must not have had enough...after all everyone else is still eating.

I had a 1 pound loss this week. I'm happy with it, but if I hadn't given in to the emotional eating this weekend, it probably would have been more. I did get up for a walk this morning and took another one tonight.

Pat
(178/145/135)

JudySP 06-19-2001 02:55 PM

Carla - congratulations on the maintain and for journalling for most of the week. Hmmm, stress eating on Friday - boy, do I know how that feels. Sometimes I fall into that even when I *know* that I'm weighing in the next morning. I'm with you on eating more slowly. Tony eats very fast (as does his whole family) which makes it harder but I have been trying to make dinner stretch to 1/2 hour and I'll even tell myself out loud to slow down. I also find that it helps to drink sips of water every few bites.

Pat - Congratulations on the pound gone forever! I know the feeling of knowing a loss could have been greater if I hadn't <fill in the blank> but give yourself a big pat on the back! Good for you for walking in the morning.

I woke up early today (5:30) but left early to go into work. I have a 4:00 meeting so I probably won't be home until about 6:30 or 7:00 (I found out that they have temporarily suspended the train at my "usual" time for the summer while they do track work - not a good thing!) I'd like to think that I'll do a short yoga tape when I get home but chances are I won't. I'm hoping that getting up early today will make it easier for me to get up at the same time tomorrow (because I won't stay up as late!) and I'm planning to do a 20 minute yoga tape before work. Things have been good food-wise so far - I'm trying an experiment this week where I vary the number of points I eat every day (high, then low, then very hight, then very low, etc.) to see if I can shake things up. I'm also trying to eat different foods since I think I'm getting into a rut and I think that help perpetuate this plateau.

Judy

cece 06-19-2001 04:25 PM

Hi everyone.

Pat - Congratulations on losing that pesky pound. Yes, it might have been more if you hadn't done that emotional eating. But if you hadn't worked to stay OP the rest of the time, that loss might have been a gain. Good job getting those walks in.

Judy - Do you hate having to squander getting up early on getting to work early? :) I need to remember to bring a glass of water with me to the table. Lately I haven't been drinking anything when I eat dinner (although I do at lunch) and I know it would slow me down. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that varying your points works.

I had a good day yesterday. I even walked home from the train station because I wanted to, not because I had to. I'm really kind of proud of myself today. I had colleagues in from our home office and we went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch. Yesterday as often as I could I visualized having a nice salad with salsa instead of dressing on it. Well by the time we got to lunch today, I really wanted that salad rather than anything else on the menu. And I enjoyed every single bite of it. I measured out my chips, which I also talked myself into beforehand, so all in all it was a successful, and very tasty lunch. Best part - no guilt and plenty of points left for dinner.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla

jennifa 06-20-2001 03:52 PM

Hi all,

Sounds like you are all doing great, you bunch of losers, you!

I found a picture of my bicycle - you can see why I'm having so much fun. My bike has a few differences but you can check it out if you want.

http://www.bell-cycle.com/dynokosmopolitan.htm

Can you tell I can't wait to ride it today? :D

Hey, we are halfway through the week. I can tell that I am slimming down, thank goodness I don't have that scale to drive me off program!

I'm eating fruits and veggies, fruits and veggies, fruits and veggies... went over points on Monday but stayed OP yesterday and today is looking good going into dinner time - got 6 points left for the day and have all the fixins for a big salad. I usually eat most of my points before 3 pm.

Judy, you might try changing the temperature of the foods you usually eat. If you eat a lot of cold salads, try hot veggies instead. If you drink ice water, try having herbal tea. This can help shake you off of a plateau. Congrats on your loss!

Pat and Cece, keep up the good work!

Carla, I am proud of you, too! Good job!

cece 06-20-2001 05:34 PM

Jennifa - Cool bike. I want one. It sounds like you're doing great. Keep eating those fruits and veggies. Yay for you for slimming down.

My victory for today: I'm doing client conversions today and they all pretty much had their problems. I managed to convince myself that getting Chinese food for lunch was not going to make the conversions go any better and, while it would feel good at the moment, would just add to the stress of the day. So I had my frozen dinner. Of course, I'm starving and I've been doing stress eating - just lower point foods, so I'm still within my limits.

Talk to you all later.

Carla

JudySP 06-20-2001 06:12 PM

Jennifa - way cool bike. I especially like that the handles are up so you don't have to bend over to ride it! Sounds like you are doing great with the fruits and veggies and happier that the scale isn't making you nuts! Good idea about changing the temperature of foods - we generally have a "hot" dinner but I look forward to cool salads in the summer.

Carla - AWESOME girlfriend! Two great accomplishments both with visualizing enjoying the point friendly food at the Mexcian restaurant and not giving in to the Chinese food which would not help the conversations at all. Plus a walk from the train station - you rock! Yes, it was a bummer to get up early to get into work early but it turned out making the rest of the day less nuts so I guess it was worth it.

I've been doing OK so far. I did a short yoga tape when I got home last night so while I got up a little earlier than usual today (to get me in the habit), I used it to get into work a little earlier and I'm taking today as a rest day from exercise. Today I'm planning a low point day - only 20 points, but we have low point leftovers from last Saturday and I'm doing OK so far. My meeting/demo today was very successful so I don't feel stressed much at all. I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing evening (it would help if the Yankees would win!) Tomorrow is a telecommute day so I'll squeeze in some exercise either before work or at lunchtime.

Have a great point friendly weekend!
Judy

jennifa 06-20-2001 07:00 PM

Judy, good job on staying OP! The temperature change idea isn't mine, I learned it from Deepak Chopra's Perfect Weight book (it does have a lot of sensible ideas, I'd recommend at least a look at it).

Cece, what a victory for you today! You deserve a reward, like a really cool bike! There are a lot of bikes out there but a bike like that needs to be seen and not stored, so you feel like it needs to get out and get some air... plus it makes other people smile. (don't forget your helmet!)

Ok, I did slip and ate the rest of my points before dinner (BOREDOM eating! bad, bad, bad.) I haven't raided the candy machine, though, and I plan on a 1 point salad and a bike ride this evening, so I should be ok.

later,

Jennifa

Pepper 06-20-2001 10:53 PM

Judy - I'll be really interested to hear how varying the points goes for you. I was reading about doing that earlier this week and was thinking it might be a good way to get me back on track. I think I've fallen into a rut with the food and haven't been doing a good job of journalling.

Carla - Great job handling the Mexican restaurant and talking yourself out of the Chinese food.

Jennifa - I love the bike. It reminds me of one we had around the house as kids. Glad to hear giving up the scale has helped.

I got out for my walk this morning, but missed tonight because of rain. I feel like I'm finally back on track with the exercise, but am having a hard time with the food. My goal is to journal the rest of the week.

Talk to you later.
Pat

Pepper 06-21-2001 11:32 PM

Wow, where is everybody today? I am feeling much more in control. I journaled the whole day and have stayed within my points. I even met a friend while walking tonight and we walked for almost an hour. Now to keep it up over the weekend.

Talk to you later,
Pat

cece 06-22-2001 11:01 AM

Hi everyone -

Sorry I couldn't check in yesterday. Way busy day.

Judy - Please do keep us posted on how varying points is working for you. Are you following the Wendie plan that's being discussed on these boards? How did your 20 point day go?

Jennifa - I know all about the boredom eating. I often ask myself what's so interesting about eating, but that's always after I've done it, not before. Hmmm - I have a birthday coming up. Perhaps I'll ask for a really cool bike (a be really specific about it as I'm afraid my husband might not see the coolness of a pink bike).

Pat - Glad to hear your back on track with exercise. I'm with you on the food rut. I have to reacquaint myself with some old favorites I haven't had in awhile.

Well, on Wednesday after my successful Chinese food avoidance, John suggested it for dinner. I was completely wiped out, so I didn't argue. But, instead of the Kung Pao chicken, my favorite and probably the worst for you in terms of fat content, I opted for the Vegetables Almond Ding. Chinese food tastes especially good served with a helping of self-control! Yesterday was a bust - had pasta for lunch. It was with a non-fat tomatol basil sauce, so that in itself wasn't bad, but I went to dinner with friends. But - back on track today. I'm looking forward to nice weather this weekend. I'm hoping to get out for a walk with Ana. We won't go fast enough for it to do anything for me, but it will get both of us moving at least.

Have a great day and a terrific weekend.

Carla

jennifa 06-22-2001 05:44 PM

Cece,

You can't see from the picture but it has martini glasses on the fenders and bowling pins on the chain guard - AND the valve covers are bowling pins. I couldn't believe it when I saw it, and I had to get it. I have been riding it most every day. It's worth it if you use it, and for me, it's the fun and visibility factor that gets me out there.

Not doing all that great OP but I am doing some soul searching as to why I am having problems staying OP and I'm actually getting some answers. They aren't happy ones, but they get things to a more dealable level. Part of it is I'm afraid of being thin. It's so stupid. But it's there. Nothing a good bike ride won't cure!

Hope you have a great weekend, all, do better than I am, ok?