3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW At Home (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home-22/)
-   -   Confession...good for the soul? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home/60884-confession-good-soul.html)

mamaof1 07-05-2005 06:44 PM

Confession...good for the soul?

I just had to write and see if anyone else has a had day like I had yesterday. Started out great, holiday weekend but avoided any temptation at 4th of July parties. Weighed myself Sunday morning and although I did not lose I did not gain. Last week was PMS week so I was feeling pretty proud of myself. Got my period Monday morning and Monday night I ate an entire container of Dove ice cream. The little ones, are those pints or quarts?? Anyways, doesn't matter, I ate the whole bloody thing in one night. Went to bed feeling awful, depressed, crampy and guilty. Really felt like I had let myself down because I have been doing WW for over 4 weeks now and have lost 10.5 pounds, and was feeling really great about ME!!! Got up this morning, put on my game face, got out my Richard Simmons tape ( I know he is a bit corny but very motivating) and worked up a good sweat to the oldies. I guess the most disappointing thing was while I was eating the ice cream I was enjoying it (who wouldn't!) but I also felt ashamed that I had lost such control of myself. I am back on the wagon today though- picked myself up some Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches (yum!) and am ready for tomorrow. Thanks- feels good to "confess" my slip to those who have been there too.

kellyjoiii 07-07-2005 10:34 AM

Girl, it happens to the best of us. As for the ice cream.....I keep NO PUDGE fudgesicles in my freezer (when my 4yr old doesnt steal them lol) they are fat free and 60 cals. Very big for the size too bigger than a reg fudgesicle....I get them at walmart. As for the guilt...dont we all get it? I did the same on Sunday at a bar b que and felt bad the rest of the day on Monday but was back OP. We all fall down and all you need to do is stand up and dust off....wait let me help you back up on this wagon (corny huh?) You can do it and do it you will . GREAT job on the 10.5 lbs...keep it up! I know I have been feeling guilty about not doing leslie sansone AND walking for a half an hour in the am but all is good and 30 mins in the morning is better than no mins in the morning. (this I do 5 days a week.) Glad you could get it off your chest.......welcome back and hang in there.

Tina Marie 07-07-2005 11:15 AM

Feeling guility

Honey we all feel guility about doing things like that I do all the time but you always have the next day just pick yourself up and start all over again.PMs will do it to you all the timeit does with me I am a big chocaholic hope i spelled that right if not hope you all know what I mean.congrats on the 10.5 pounds lost that is great.Tina

AmyMCGS 07-08-2005 08:48 AM

I once ate most of a pint of Ben And Jerry's ice cream one night WHILE researching diets online. :o
So, yes, I've been there ;) but the important thing is that you got right back in the swing of things by exercising the next morning. If you'd have gotten up and eaten more ice cream for breakfast, well, that would have been different... but you didn't. You got right back OP and that's a great thing. :)

mamaof1 07-08-2005 04:16 PM

Thanks ladies! I have been doing good the rest of this week, even with a teething 7 month old! Encouragement and "We've all been there" stories is one of the reasons I love this site! Have a great weekend!!

Lucyee 07-09-2005 05:22 PM

Hi Ladies, I haven't been posting much, as I have really not gotten started on program. yet. 4th of July and the days since have been a set back. I promise to get my act together, the fact that you are all so honest about your ups and downs is a good incentive to me, to stay with this site and keep trying. thanks, Lucy

Lucyee 07-11-2005 09:14 AM

Hi Everyone, It's me again, hoping to hear from some of you today. I am going to start over. I have some housework, to do today. We are waiting for the results of some tests, that my Dh had. We will get those tomorrow. Very tense, time for us. We are praying that the results will be good. In the meantime. I am going to try and put my first foot forward and my journal is ready and waiting for my entries. Anyone, who reads this, I'd be happy to share with you, today. Need all the support I can get. I am sure it will take a day or so, to ween myself to healthy eating. Thanks Lucy Hope you all have a great day.

mamaof1 07-11-2005 02:49 PM

Lucy,

Hang in there girl! I just went through a major medical issue with my husband earlier this year, he was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. Very scary and eye opening considering our baby was 3 months old at the time and I wasn't working- and I'm still not. I was definately eating a lot of my worries! My husband had to change his diet virtually overnight while it took me a bit longer, I only started on WW six weeks ago. I never wanted to let him know just how scared I was about his health so instead I would just eat. Because his diet is pretty restrictive, I would find myself sneaking food because I felt so guilty for pigging out in front of him. I didn't really know of any other way to deal with the stress though. Now, thank God, he is doing great and we are BOTH trying to live a healthier lifestyle for ourselves, each other, and our son. You WILL get there Lucy, no matter what your husband (and you, with him) will be facing- I am praying for good news for you both! I feel like my husband's diagnosis was kind of a wake up call for us both really. We are happy with each other, have a son we desperately wanted, and although I am not working, I am watching my son reach his milestones everyday- so we have to cut out the "little extras" it's well worth it! I know I am not going to have the body of an actress, I just want to be strong and healthy, for me and my family. You have taken all the right first steps, Lucy! I think we all have just by sharing with others here and getting that first foot forward. Take Care! Chris :)