Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 06:02 AM   #1  
Aunt to many Mom to none.

Height: 5' 6"

Talking Weigh-in at home 4/18-4/24

I hope noone minds me starting this weeks thread. I just wanted to share my weigh-in!!! 5 more pounds gone this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last weeks weigh in was 260. This weeks is bouncing between 255 and 254!!!

Happy weighing everyone!
~Tina~

Last edited by mrs_streams; 04-18-2005 at 06:06 AM.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/139/140

Tina, great weigh in this week! Looks like you're dedicated to a successful weight loss.

I did, after many weeks of not budging, lost another 1 lb. It kept me motivated this weekend. I made a Fettucine Alfredo with shrimp for dinner last night - but I had a Smart Ones. Husband and boys ate out Fri. evening and ate those greasy old steak strip s that I have come to love so much - once again I ate a Smart Ones. It just wasn't worth the short lived gratification to eat the stuff. Of course, at work is usually another story. I stress eat. I have planned my snacks for today, so hopefully nothing shows up there (donuts) that will tempt me.

I took out on Sat. my Firm 2 tapes and did the 45 minute cardio workout. Thought since I have been using weights for a year and WATP for many months, I could just jump into this using weights too. Ha! If I move or twist certain ways, I receive a reminder tweak. I'm sure no one else has ever done this.

Have a good week everyone!
Old 04-18-2005, 10:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Tina - Congratulations on a great loss! You rock!!

Darl - Congrats on your loss and a huge pat on the back for sticking with Smart Ones in the face of fetuccini alfredo and strip steaks!! That's some determination. Want to send some my way?

Sorry I was missing in action last week. I went in to work more than usual and had a lot of running around to do. It seemed like I lived in my car. At any rate:

Karen - Seems like you're getting back on track. Good for you.

Judy - Sorry about the gain, but good for you for nipping it in the bud.

I was up at my last weigh-in, but I didn't log it and I don't remember what it was. I know my weight bounced around for a few days so some water was sticking around. The weekend wasn't great. We went out for Mexican food for lunch last night and I had a brunch to go to yesterday. Ah well, I'm back to journaling today. We're leaving for PA Thursday evening to visit John's cousin and his family and participate in the memorial walk for their daughter. I'm not sure if I'll be walking though - it depends on how my back is doing. Friday night when I was going downstairs to do laundry the muscles under my left shoulder blade starting going into spasms. It didn't last too long, but boy did it hurt. Same thing happened on Saturday, only in the small of my back. My back doesn't hurt or ache, but it feels tight. And I have to be very careful how I get out of a chair. Sitting and laying down feels ok, but standing/walking is a bit uncomfortable. I'm hoping that I can get a few short walks in this week and that by Sunday I can at least do part of the walk. And now to face the mounds of laundry and dishes that are awaiting me. And then I need to start dealing with the clutter. I swear I'm getting this house in shape this spring if it kills me.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 04-18-2005, 02:06 PM   #4  

Tina – congratulations on a great loss! Thanks for starting the thread.

Darl – Congratulations on the pound gone! Way to go on your good choices over the weekend. As for things that show up at work – that happens so often here – whenever there is anything going on the food shows up in the faculty room. The last time, I convinced myself that it had been sitting out, everyone had touched everything and sneezed on it (of course they hadn’t) but it stopped me from grabbing a bite of something I would regret afterwards. Good for you for getting out the FIRMs. You have to start slowly when you get back to weights or else you will certainly be sore – BUT, it tells you that you did something good for yourself.

Carla – sorry to hear about your back! We must be aching in sympathy. My shoulder blade area was hurting since the morning of that state test but I treated myself to a massage on Saturday and it’s been a bit better since. I hope you feel well enough to participate in the walk, even if it’s just for a little bit. Where does John’s cousin live, I forget, is it a long trip?

I had a pretty good day yesterday – a little snacky in the evening but not too bad. Tony and I are meeting at a local Italian restaurant tonight. I’m one of the chaperones for a school concert (good money) and this way we get to eat together. I’m going to try to have a fish dish again – no drinks so that makes it easier. I got up a little early today and did a short yoga workout because I knew I would be home too late tonight to do anything. I did some yoga yesterday and after doing school work until about 4, got out the clippers and pruned the roses. I still have plenty to do for this project but I still have time to get it done and I got a good start over the weekend.

Back to work – the teacher I’m with is still out so there’s a bit more for me to do. Have a great one!

Judy
Old 04-18-2005, 05:03 PM   #5  

Judy - I'm glad to hear your back is doing better. I managed some strolling this afternoon without causing any problems, so I'm hopeful I'll be ok. John's cousin lives in suburban Philadelphia - near Valley Forge and King of Prussia. Enjoy your dinner tonight!
Old 04-18-2005, 05:22 PM   #6  
I'm Praying for a Miracle

S/C/G: 232/196/159

Height: 5'6 1/2

Well ladies after my first week on WW at home.. Looks like im down 3 lbs!
Whoo whoo.. I am hoping 3 lbs for this week too.. Just gotta keep up with the water..

Seems like most of you ladies had a good week! Which keeps me going..
Thanks...
Im feeling bloated today.. and kinda down.. but im trying my best!@!!!!!

Have a good week!
Old 04-18-2005, 11:05 PM   #7  
The sweetest thing !

Hello Ladies,

I am posting late. I had a rough day! my loss this week was one pound, well I will take it, still a loss. My monthly friend made her visit this week and it might have something to do with my One pound. Anyways, she will be gone soon and it's Monday again.
Everyone have a great week!!!
Old 04-19-2005, 10:14 AM   #8  
Canadian, eh?

Very quick good morning - no time to visit. Just wanted to let you know I'm alive and well!

Back when I can...

Karen
Old 04-20-2005, 11:49 AM   #9  

Hi all.

Ameg and Wild Honey - Congrats on your losses! Kudos to the both of you.

Karen - Hi!

Weigh in this morning wasn't great. It was the same as I remember last week being and up from a few weeks ago. Noone to blame but myself though. It's a new start today. This week will be tricky since we'll be out of town for four days, but I'll do the best I can. At least snacking opportunities will be limited. I don't think I'll be doing the walk on Sunday. I caught my shoe in a sidewalk crack yesterday and fell. I banged up my left knee quite a bit. I'll just have to see how it feels on Sunday.

Have a great day.

Carla
278/279.4/145
Old 04-21-2005, 08:05 AM   #10  

Morning Ladies..
Just saying Hello, I hope everyones day goes well..
My stomach is not feeling well today.. Not sure why..
Sometimes with the meds im on. This happens..
But I filled up my 32 oz of crystal light and im going to make it a productive day..
By the way i hate my scale i swear i could gain a lb bettween ngiht and morning.
last night i was a lb less than i was this morning.
IM ususing a digital scale too.. I should just break down and buy a new one!
Old 04-21-2005, 04:02 PM   #11  

Just running in to wave "hi" and "bye". Have a great weekend, everyone, and I'll "see" you all on Tuesday.

Carla
Old 04-22-2005, 10:16 AM   #12  

Carla – I’m glad you were able to do some strolling. I’m sorry that you fell – I hope you didn’t hurt your knee too badly! Sorry about the weigh in – I can commiserate though. The way my week has gone, I’ll be very happy for a maintain! I can’t believe it – I have a cousin who lives in Villanova – right near John’s cousin. Next time, we’ll have to try to arrange a hookup – Philly isn’t that far from me!

Ameg – that’s a great loss and a great way to start. You may still lose that much but just know (so you won’t be disappointed) that the first week or so can be a bigger loss than usual and then it slows down a bit. The scale can really fluctuate from day to day – it’s best if you try to stay away from it – easier said than done, I know.

Wild Honey – congratulations on the great loss – a pound loss is better than a pound gain.

Karen – great to hear from you. Hang in there!

Sorry I haven’t been around much – the usual time crunch with Tues and Wed night classes plus the crunch at work with doing my regular job and trying to be sure everything else runs as smoothly as it can with the teacher out for a week and half! The stress has definitely gotten to me. I haven’t picked up my knitting at night like I should have but when I’m on vacation next week (!!!!) I’m going to pick out a crochet pattern and wool and start a baby blanket for the teacher – a new project should keep my hands busy! I have lots of schoolwork still to do but I’m off next week so it should be manageable. This week holds some definite challenges. We have the Passover seder at my mom’s on Saturday and Passover can be tricky eating-wise. At least I told Tony a great big fat “NO” when he asked if I wanted him to pick up chocolate covered matzoh this year. Two nights ago I kept telling Tony that I needed chocolate (don’t know if it’s the PMS monster – seems too early but who knows these days). Unfortunately, he was sweet enough to get some yesterday – it wasn’t pretty. At least I did a ½ step workout beforehand. Today will be challenging too – since it’s the last day before vacation, the class moms sent in boxes of Krispy Kremes! I’m telling myself that if I allow myself to have one, I have to do a sweaty workout and have nothing but fruit for a snack after dinner. I’m going to try to not have one but I’m also trying to be realistic ;-)

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 04-24-2005, 12:11 AM   #13  

Keep up the good work ladies. My program is supposed to be here on Monday. Can't wait to join in with the weigh in the losses! I swear there is nothing quick about order the program from WW and paying xtra for quick shipping. There quick shipping has taken 10 days!!!! I order my son hunting clothes from Carbela's and had them in 2 days!!! Hopefully my order will be here Monday and will wigh in On tuesday and get started. See you all soon.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:55 AM   #14  

Argh im not sure whats going on..
says i gained like 3 lbs..or 4 lbs..
im so bummed.. Since yesterday i been trying to watch everything to a T..
its so frustrating to see the scale go backwards..Even if its water weight..
My bday is wed 4/27 I so wanted to be 215. by then.. but now it will never happen..sigh.

I hate my body sometimes..
I just gotta keep trying.

Last edited by Friday; 04-25-2005 at 07:58 AM.
Closed Thread