Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 08:24 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 4/4 - 4/10

Good morning all! It sure was quiet last week. Well, I didn't make my meeting on Saturday. I got up and lined the basement with towels in anticipation of more flooding (they were forecasting a day and a half of torrential rain) and then met someone at the grad school library to work on a project together. Yeah, I chickened out too but I looked at the calendar (3 weeks until I see the doctor) and committed to staying OP, one day at a time. I worked out every day (upstairs since the basement is still not put-back-together) doing a couple of tough yoga workouts and didn't do badly on Saturday evening. I decided to do core this week and had a good day yesterday. Tony and I made the core black bean soup yesterday (yum) and we'll have it again later this week.

I have to watch out - I'm feeling very stressed with school work. I have a group presentation tomorrow, a midterm on Wed and then another of those 4 hour state tests on Saturday. I'm also stressing a little on whether or not I'll have time to do another project (the last one!) - I have to start it this weekend - it's due in a couple of weeks! Anyway, I've decided that my goal is to be sure to get enough rest this week (all week) so that I am in good shape for all the things that have to get done. Of course, I knew I wouldn't get enough sleep last night - I *had* to watch Opening Day for the Yankees! It was a great game and well worth being tired today - but tonight I have to get to bed early!

Have a great one,
Judy
65/240 workouts
Old 04-04-2005, 09:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/139/140

Judy, I wish I had all your energy! Amazing how we need rain here in the midwest and you're getting too much. Always the way it goes.

Well...after many weeks, I got on the scale and actually dropped a pound and half. Of course, I think...how long before it shows back up. I did really well Sat. with the exercise, eating, etc. However, come Sunday, it was a different story. I finally have a weight loss and then sabatoge myself. I ended up having to use half of my flex points! I sat and beat myself up for several hours and then got my behind up and did an extra half hour of aerobics. I know everyone usually says, put it behind you and move on, but I get frustrated at myself in trying to figure out the "why" I felt the need to have that piece of cake, the dip and chips and that one Bud Light.

Today is the start of a new week. I have a two day meeting out of town the end of the week and I'm a little worried staying OP. I do know the motel has a fitness room, so I'll be hitting it in the evenings. I will take my journal and try to keep it updated. Maybe I should take the pair of leather pants I bought for riding that I can't zip up. That would probably keep me reminded of my goal.

Hope everyone has a great week and I will strive to have a good report next week.

Dar
Old 04-04-2005, 10:58 AM   #3  
The sweetest thing !

Cool Good Morning

Hi ladies,

I am new to all of this, I think this is great support.

Judy, I know how its possible that pieces of cake can talk " eat me, eat me, I taste soooooooo good! " It happens to all of us. The important thing is don't beat yourself up over it, you are still trying and are still OP and that is the important thing, not the cake you ate.

I had a good week with a loss of 6lbs. Stayed OP and drank all my water.

Dar, good for you bringing those pants as a reminder, and dedicated to exercise.

All the best,

Last edited by Wild Honey; 04-04-2005 at 11:03 AM.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

I ended up having to go into work a lot last week, which is why I wasn't here much.

Judy - Flooding in the basement is the worst. We used to have, operative word is used, a family room in our basements. One too many heavy rains took care of that. At any rate, trying to prevent a flood is a pretty good reason for missing your meeting. Hang in there with all you have going on this week and next. Remember, deep breaths. Getting enough sleep is a good idea. Some yoga would probably help too. I'm sure you'll do fine with everything. Hey, at least you made your dr's appointment. I haven't done that yet.

Dar - Congrats on a great loss. Now stop that deafist thinking and quit wondering when it will come back on (said with a smile on my face and in my voice). Actually, I understand completely what you're saying about the sabotage. I do it myself just about every single time. Good for you for counting the points on what you ate on Sunday and for getting up and getting some exercise - both very good reactions to a bad episode of eating. As for putting it behind you, that's a good idea, but I'm thinking (especially as it applies to myself) that perhaps spending some time on the "whys" is a good idea. I mean something is driving us to the sabotage and the only way we're going to stop it is to figure out what it is. It sounds like you're well-prepared for your meeting at the end of the week. Good luck.

Wild Honey - Welcome and congrats on a magnificent loss.

I haven't even been making a pretence of eating correctly. I didn't do an official weigh-in last week. This week I'm hoping to pull out a maintain. I've got to put an end to this somehow, someway. I guess it's going to have to be back to baby steps. It's a beautiful day here, so I'm going to try to get outside for awhile.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 04-04-2005, 05:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Default Finally lost 2 more lbs.

And I reached my 10% goal...
Just one day at a time, but we'll all do it!
Old 04-04-2005, 06:54 PM   #6  
BJ3

Judysp, I've done the flood thing too, but not in a basement. We don't have them here. The water was 3 feet up the walls of my house during Allison. It took me a year to get my house totally back in shape. There were so many people who flooded contractors and workers were hard to find. You are amazing if you are staying even close to program going through that. I'm just getting started again 3 years later. (And still have one bedroom full of boxes of things I had to store after the flood.) I tell myself everyday that room would make a good sewing room. Three years later, I still keep the door closed so I don't have to look at floor to ceiling boxes. My son has a point when he says if I haven't used it in 3 years it's a pretty good bet that I don't need it. Back to weight loss. Im so bummed. I gained a pound at my meeting today and was totally true to the program, only missed 2 days of exercise & drank all of my water. Oh well, maybe I will lose double next week. Good luck on all your projects & tests!
Old 04-04-2005, 08:01 PM   #7  

Darl – congratulation on the loss! I’m with Carla, (with a smile on my face) – watch that defeatist attitude! Actually, I know people who basically eat within their point range and use a lot of flex points on the weekend – sort of what you did – and they lose weight. I think you have a very good plan for your two day meeting out of town. Will you be eating at restaurants or will they have food at the meetings? Restaurants are easier to order plain, steamed, etc. Great plan to hit the fitness center!

Wild Honey – welcome, and congratulations on a fabulous loss!

Carla – OK girlfriend, here’s the hand that’s going to pull you back up onto the wagon – I had my few weeks of basically eating the “old way” and all it did was pack on some pounds that I worked hard to get off and I felt like cr*p! So, enough is enough, right? OK, good. Now tell me if this week is going to be a flex or a core week and get on it, OK? Did you get outside today? Yes, baby steps is a good way to start so before I start asking you how many workouts you are going to do this month, first things first. Will you commit to either drinking your water and staying OP either core food wise or points wise? Here’s a few {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} too!

Karen – how are you?

Ms24Gal – welcome and congratulations on your loss.

BJ3 – welcome! Oh my goodness, our flood was nothing like yours. We had a bunch of water on the floor and it took some time to clean it up but we weren’t wading in it, thank goodness. I know it can be tough to gain when you were on program but so many things can affect the scale – I’m sure you will show a good loss next week!

So far so good. I did a tough 25 minutes of “strength” yoga when I got home from work and the chiropractor and Tony and I had a great core dinner – leftovers so nice and easy too. I’ve basically packed up all the things I need for my presentation tomorrow night and will gather together what I’ll take along for dinner (I’m buying a salad at work tomorrow). Tony and I are going to kick back and watch a little TV. I just had an orange and I think I’m going to pop some popcorn.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 04-05-2005, 05:46 PM   #8  

Hi all.

Karen - Missing you! Hope work isn't running you too ragged.

Motts - Welcome and congratulations on a job well done!

BJ3 - Welcome. I wouldn't wish a flood like your's on my worst enemy. Try fifteen minutes a day clearing out those boxes. In no time at all, you'll have your sewing room. As for the gain, sometimes our bodies just rebel against dropping the weight. Stay the course and you'll see a nice loss.

Judy - Thanks for that hand. I knew I could count on you. I'm going to be doing flex this week as I want to clear out what's already in the fridge, freezer and pantry. And yes, I will commit to staying OP and getting in my water. I do have to start walking though, as we are going to John's cousin's in PA in a couple of weeks for a 5K walk/run that's held in memory of his cousin's daughter. You may recall she was hit by a car and killed right after we brought Ana home. She had wanted to be a teacher and this walk/run raises money for scholarships that are awarded each year to two seniors who plan on majoring in education. So I guess I better get some walking in under my belt. I know you're not going to need it, but I'm sending good luck thoughts your way for your presentation tonight.

It's another glorious day here. I'm going to be taking Ana to the park shortly. Unfortunately, I haven't slept well the last couple of nights, so I feel like something the cat dragged in. And I have to go back to work tonight to practice for a first communion mass that I'm working at on Saturday. I can't wait until this week ends and my committments lessen.

Have a great evening.

Carla
Old 04-06-2005, 04:45 AM   #9  
Registered Mother

Lost a half kilo this week. I didn't do organized exercise, as it's spring and I'm spring cleaning and gardening like a crazy woman. Now I just have to figure out how to make that little weight ticker move.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:49 AM   #10  
Registered Mother

Doggone thing doesn't register half a kilo. Well, it's a whole pound, anyway. Isn't that worth something?
Old 04-06-2005, 10:26 AM   #11  

Hello all.

Ima - Welcome and congratulations on your loss. I think 1/2 a kilo is a great loss. Spring cleaning and gardening is great exercise. I have to get going with my spring cleaning.

Well, I managed to drop that water weight I had picked up and the scale was down 1.6 pounds today. So I guess I did more things right this week than I realized. Or at least I wasn't as wrong as I thought I was. At any rate, I'll take it and work hard to see another loss next week. It's another beautiful day here. I'm stuck inside this morning cleaning and this afternoon/evening I work, but I should be able to walk Ana to her appointment with the speech therapist this afternoon, so that's something.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 04-07-2005, 08:58 AM   #12  

Ima – welcome (Shalom!) Congratulations on a great loss! In what part of Israel is Kochav Yaakov? Hey, gardening and heavy duty cleaning count as activity in my book!

Carla – I hope you’ve managed to get a good night’s sleep. I can commiserate – the night before last I couldn’t fall asleep and kept myself awake yesterday and during the midterm with coffee, coffee, and more coffee. Congratulations on the loss! I think that 5K walk is wonderful – very touching and yes, I do remember that tragedy. Did you get a walk in?

Karen - I hope all is well and work isn't making you too crazy!

I so wanted to go home and take a walk after work yesterday – no such luck though as I had class. Of course they are talking about rain for the next day or so. I guess I’ll have to continue with my yoga today after I scout out the test location for Saturday (the state test). I did so-so yesterday – I had a pretty good day and did snack a little at night but not too badly.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 04-07-2005, 10:26 AM   #13  

Hi all.

Judy - It looks like we're getting rain today too. And it's dropped 30 degrees from yesterday. Yikes. No walk yesterday - we were running on too tight a timeframe. But I did a lot of moving around, lifting, etc. at work last night, so some activity. I did get a couple of good nights sleep. I bet your glad to get that mid-term under your belt.

I had a much better day yesterday. In the larger scheme of things, it could have been better, I suppose, but in terms of baby steps, it went well. I did dip heavily into my flex points - never a good idea on the first day of a WW week - but I was mindful of portion sizes, counted and journaled everything I ate, and drank my water. So, it's a start. Today I'm having lunch with a friend. I don't know yet where we're going. I'm not going to obsess about it. I'm going to be sensible, be mindful, and count points and journal. And my new mantra that I started to use yesterday when I was tempted to stuff food in my mouth in response to one of the million aggrevations that made up my day yesterday: "Food isn't going to fix it."

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 04-08-2005, 10:52 AM   #14  

Carla - I could have used ""Food isn't going to fix it." last night. Tough day at work and when I got home I blew up at Tony (I was wrong) - I apologized but I guess that and the stress sort of got to me. I snacked way to much. I'm going to try to remember "Food isn't going to fix it." next time! Sounds like your baby steps are going well.

I did some yoga after the tiff last night but as I said, I snacked away at night. I really have to just pick a time in the evening and not eat after that - I think 9:00 is a reasonable time, and that's what I'm going to try to stick to. My plan for the day is to stick to that and get to bed early - I plan on leaving for the test site at 6:45. No time for a meeting. I think I'll take a fruit to eat after I get out. We might be having take-out ribs with my parents tomorrow - not the best way to start the WW week but I'll speak to them after work today - maybe I can leave it up in the air and we'll see how beat I am after the test. I'd like to see my parents but I know I always feel brain dead after these tests and I also don't want to set myself up to overeat from the stress.

Have a great one - I'm giong to try to visit here over the weekend to help me keep on track. I only have 2 weeks left before my doctor's appt - I'll definitely get a lecture but I'd like my weight NOT to be more than last year even if it's not less.

Judy
Old 04-08-2005, 11:44 AM   #15  

Hi all,

Judy - I join you in having done too much snacking, emotional snacking at that, last night. Guess I should have put my mantra to use, huh? We went to presentation night at Ana's school last night. Each child demonstrated one of the learning tools/activities that they most liked. The parents walked around and visited each child's station. Ana demonstrated an addition tool and did well. But it was really hard to see how much behind her peers she really is in reading. So I went home and had some oreos. I did manage to keep from binging and it's all journaled and counted, so I'm hanging in there. Good luck with your test tomorrow. I'm sure you'll do fine. And good luck with dinner. Ribs - yummy, but for me it's virtually impossible to stay op when ribs are involved.

Tomorrow night we're supposed to go out to dinner with the in-laws to celebrate MIL's birthday. We're going to a family style Italian restaurant, which means more food than humans should eat. I'm just going to watch portions - very small portions of everything - and I should be ok.

Have a great day and a terrific weekend.

Carla
Closed Thread