Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 07:53 PM   #16  
Finnigan Begin Again

I've actually been saving points over the last two days, hooray! I'm still trying to get the hang of the "sugar points" thing. For example, if a chocolate frog is 2pts, you would count 2 sugar points? I had a giant caramello last night, 4.5pts! And I should only have 14 sugar points a week?! Crikey.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:02 PM   #17  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone, just chenking in. I've been doing pretty good since returning from vacation. We had an international dinner today at church, so I saved up my flex points for today. (Everyone brought foods from different countries and we all went around "grazing". It was yummy. There was a big variety.) I did good and didn't try as many desserts as I used too. :-)

(Carla - I'm live in Warren, near Detroit. We went to Florida, Alabama and Louisiana for vacation. It was hard to return to the cold weather!)
Old 03-06-2005, 05:40 PM   #18  

Carla – I think it’s definitely worth a call to your alma mater. Maybe they can suggest someone, if not, it’s just a phone call. Gee, those TJ fat free corn crackers sound great. Last night at my mom’s she had a dip/spread from TJ’s that was absolutely delicious and was very, very low in everything. It was yummy with raw veggies. It is a red pepper spread with eggplant and garlic – very yummy and a little bit of spicyness too.

Karen – LOL – well the stress might be affecting your memory but not your sense of humor ;-) Way to go on your walk with the pooches. I hope you’ve had an opportunity for a little “Karen time” this weekend. You need and deserve it!

Mosher4u – actually some people think it’s good to “mix it up” with the number of points you eat each days, you know, some days on the low side and others on the high side. Hmmm, low point snacks – certainly fruit is one of my favorites. I love veggies with hummus which is pretty low. I also find that it’s really good to have some protein in my snacks – depending on my mood, I can handle ONE (measured) tablespoon of peanut butter with an apple (yum) or some lf or ff cheese.

Darkfair – I don’t think I’ve ever heard of “sugar” points – maybe something particular to WW Australia? Good for you for saving points – that’s an accomplishment in my book.

Donna – way to go on doing well since vaca and doing better at your church dinner than in the past. That’s what flex points are for!

I did OK during weigh-in on Saturday considering my less than stellar weeks. I lost 0.4 pounds and I’ll take it, thank you. I did OK at my mom’s last night – it was my sister’s birthday which means my mom cooks spaghetti and meatballs (I had whole wheat spaghetti for the core) and makes a chocolate chip chiffon cake. I did a tough ½ workout beforehand to earn a few activity points. I wouldn’t say that I counted all that I should have but tried to concentrate on veggies and that yummy pepper dip for appetizers (though I did have a little bit of brie) and had a very, very small piece of cake. The good thing is that I didn’t come home and snack away (which I can do and have done sometimes in the past), maybe because I allowed myself to have some yummy things in moderation. I’ve had a good day so far today. I finished the first draft of my research paper and am now going to do a little yoga to help stretch out my back and hips. Finishing the first draft of the paper is a big weight off my shoulders and while I have to edit of course, it feels good to have it pretty much done since it’s not due until 3/15.

Have a great one,
Judy
Closed Thread