Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2001, 10:27 AM   #16  

Gee, it's quiet this week. I had an OK day yesterday. I did a legs and abs strength workout which earned me a couple of points. We ate a little on the late side so again, I was pretty full for most of the evening. I had a few snacks but ended the day with 2.5 points in the bank. The important thing was that I didn't let a work annoyance affect me too much. I wrote in my journal about it and I think that helped. The sneak peek this morning looked good - my goal is to make sure I stay OP tonight so I have a good weigh-in tomorrow. The only plans we have this weekend is to go out to the local Chinese restaurant on Saturday and come home and watch "61*" on HBO (Tony is a big Mickey Mantle fan and remembers that summer).

Have a great Friday and a great weekend,
Judy

Last edited by JudySP; 04-27-2001 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-27-2001, 10:27 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone -

Jennifa - Yikes on the bread. Looks like that's your biggest culprit. I don't think that WW alters their points range for vegetarians at all. I'll ditto Judy on the Natural Ovens bread. She's correct, it is baked in Wisconsin. Since I live in IL, I'm able to buy it in the stores. The make good bagels too - they wouldn't fool a New Yorker, but they're filling. I'll also ditto Judy on the boca burger. And yep, it's perfectly ok to eat at the high end of your range. And if you're going to go over points, but it's on healthy food, I personally don't think you'll do much damage. Can't wait to hear about the wardrobe overhaul!

Judy - Yes, I think I will do the tape again. I'd like to get to the point where I can get my arms and legs moving at the same time! Then I think I'll save it as a rainy day back-up.

I'm very glad the weekend is here. I'm hoping it's sunny so we can spend lots of time outside. I'm thinking that now that Ana is 35 pounds, pushing her around in her stroller should be a really good workout!

Have a great day and a terrific weekend.

Carla
Old 04-27-2001, 03:05 PM   #18  
cookies are for browsers

Hey all,

I'm in Colorado. The bread in question is Wild Oats Market Bird Land bread. It's good, and they don't use eggs or yeast, I don't know how they make it but it is very satisfying. I count a veggie burger as 3 points because that includes the bun. I can't imagine eating the patty by itself. Yuck.

I haven't seen a loss yet. Grr. I have been good about getting extra exercise in where I can, but apparently it isn't enough. Am going to yoga this weekend. I need to find out who has my bellydancing video, too! I have been OP except for 3 days when my weight dipped down to 199 and I lowered my points. Now it's back up, should I raise my points again? And if I considered that, then I really WAS on program except for only 1 day? It's so confusing to be on the cusp!

Judy, keep up the good work! Cece, I am sending some sunny vibes your way, hope you have a great weekend!

Jennifa
207/203/170
Old 04-27-2001, 04:24 PM   #19  

Carla - I hope you get a nice sunny weekend! Yup, I'd say pushing Ana in the stroller should give you a good workout. That's a great idea - to use the tape as a rainy day backup. You'll get those arms and legs moving at the same time - just give it a little time.

Jennifa - Colorado, I don't know if you can Natural Ovens in stores near you but if you can't and want to check out their stuff, they have a website, www.naturalovens.com that has all the nutritional info and I'm sure lists of ingredients. Now the 3 points make sense - it's the veggie burger and the bun! I don't eat them plain either - I put the veggie burger between 2 slices of Nat. Ovens bread for a 2 point lunch. Lots of time I add hot peppers (zero points) - yum! How often do you weigh yourself? I would use just one day as the mark for what range you should be in - pick a day and stick to it and that day's weight is your "official weight". Then, depending on the scale, you adjust your range. If your "official" weekly weight is over 199, then go ahead and raise your points if you want to. WW suggests that you don't "weigh in" more than once a week because your weight can vary so much from day to day - even hour to hour. I take sneak peaks but I try not to let them sway how I'm sticking to program. If you find that weighing yourself every day is not helping you, then I would suggest you stop. I hope this helps.
Closed Thread