Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 10:53 PM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 8/16 - 8/22

Carla - I hope you are having a pleasant drive to Colorado and have a great time. A bunch of hiking will do wonders and I'm sure you will lose over your fabulous vacation.

Karen - Saskatoon! I didn't know if people really used that name. Is Lone Butte your property? I hope you had a great weekend. Sorry to hear about the NOP week. Are you going back on to Phase II or are you joining me on Phase I?

We had a great time in AC - we left a little bit of cash there but not a lot and we had a great time. I did get in a stint at the fitness center and did a yoga workout and while I started out eating OP, it didn't really end that way. Then, knowing that I was going back to Phase I today, I sort of did a "what the heck" this weekend. Tony and I even went to Dunkin Doughnuts! Anyway, the damage on the scale was bad - over the two week away vacation time I gained back everything I had lost in the last month but I'm not stressing. I had a very good Phase I day today. I made the taco bake and we have no plans this week that involve eating out so I should be able to get back on track without difficulty. We are going down to a cousin's house a week from Wed (8/25) for an overnight in Philly. I've decided to see how I am doing by then. If I've lost a bit by then and feel the need to end Phase I, I will. If not, I'll do the whole 2 weeks. I'm going into the city tomorrow for my mammogram (yuk), we're taking all 3 beasts to the vet's on Thursday and I'm planning to go into the city for that yoga class on Friday. In between, I hope to get in some kind of exercise every day although my back has been a bit twingy. I hope to get some closet cleaning in too.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 08-16-2004, 09:01 PM   #2  

Hey, Karen - it's you and me this week so check in and tell me how you are doing!

Judy
Old 08-17-2004, 10:45 AM   #3  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning-

Back from the weekend away; we made it a long weekend and didn't get back till last night. Judy, you're right, Lone Butte is where our property is. We are having a perc test done up there this week in order to get approval for a septic field - the first step in our dream to relocate up there. Your week sounds a bit like my w/e was food wise, but all in all I'd give myself a C+. Mike is doing well on Phase 2, so that's where I'll join in again. He's down 34 lbs now without the slightest bump in the road for him. My PMS water weight has finally gone and left me 12 lbs below the horror of last week; I'm at 235 which is only 2 lbs up from my best weight so far. Hope your mammogram wasn't too awful! I bought some New Balance cross trainers last night to replace the latest pair that Jasper ate, so this evening I shall climb aboard the treadmill and watch the Olympics - I always feel guilty planted on my butt while the athletes are giving it their all!

Carla - thinking of you this week and hoping you're having a marvellous time.

Oh, btw, Oprah has the Judds on again today. I'm going to try to get home from work in time to watch.

Have a great one!

Karen
Old 08-17-2004, 09:30 PM   #4  
Janette

I am new here and trying WW at home. May I join your group? I haven't been to a meeting in over a year. Sounds like there is a new program. The last time I went it was flex points. Didn't get too far with that. I have reached goal twice but just can't seem to stay there. I hope the third time is charmed! I look forward to getting to know everyone and getting to goal together.

Last edited by fiftieslady; 08-17-2004 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:46 AM   #5  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Janette!

Welcome! Of course you may join us. Jump right in! Do you have a lot to lose?

Yesterday was a bit bumpy...I was absolutely starving by 10 a.m. although I had a good breakfast; ended up eating all my lunch, and then got the afternoon munchies. Ack! Had a headache last evening so I didn't use the tm afterall. I still have a bit of a headache this morning, which I'm hoping will be gone soon.

How's it going, Judy?

Have a great day!

Karen
Old 08-18-2004, 08:53 PM   #6  
Janette

Thanks for the welcome Karen. I have gained about 40 lbs from my lowest goal but I am only trying to lose 20 right now. I though I would see if that would get my zip back and if I was happy with the way I look in my clothes.

Today was good for me food wise. I had a total of 20 pts. today. Guess I can have a snack before bedtime if I need it.

How was everyone's day?
Old 08-19-2004, 12:28 PM   #7  

Janette - Welcome! Congratulations on having such a good day! I think you have a really good attitude to shoot for the number on the scale where you are happy with the way you look and how your clothes fit, rather than just go for a number.

Karen - It must be really exciting to move forward with the first step to relocating to your property! Wow! Mike is doing great!! That's great that you are only 2 lb above your best so far. Glad to hear that you got a new pair of fitness shoes but I'm sorry to hear about that darned headache. Well, when it's totally gone (hopefully today), I know you'll had back to the tm.

I had a good day yesterday and I was please with my weight this morning - 4 pounds down so far since I went back to Phase I on Sunday. I decided that I also had had enough of a break from my previous more strenuous level of exercise (it's been months since I did tough workouts regularly). I know a lot of it had to do with grad school but I've been on vacation from work & school for 2 weeks and while I have exercised, it's been pretty light. So yesterday I broke out one of my step tapes and did a good 35 minutes of some high intensity stuff. I definitely felt that it had been some time since I did a workout at that level, but it felt good to have finished as much as I did. This morning I did some extreme gardening. Our cutting garden/flower bed had gotten terribly overgrown (I'd basically ignored it most of the summer) so I got up early (to try to beat the bees) and got in there and cleaned it up. I was working on it for about an hour and a half and finished dripping wet (and dirty)! That may count as my only exercise for the day. I'll have to see. We are bringing all three cats in to the vet for their checkups and that means that I have to "chemically presuade" Max (who is a terror otherwise). I have to give him the tranquilizer in a few minutes and then I like to sit with him once we get home until he is steady on his feet.

Anyway, have a great On Program day ladies!

Judy
Old 08-19-2004, 08:17 PM   #8  
Janette

Judy, sounds like you have the same kind of pets I have. I have one dog that the vet puts a muzzle on before she works on him. He is so used to it when you hold it up he puts his nose in it! I have 3 kittens that I rescued when they were a month old and they are exploring every nook and crannie of the house. So far they have found 4 crayons the granddaughters managed to "lose"

We went out to eat tonight. Ended up the mexican food restaurant. I have a total of 28 points for the day. Not too bad!

I have just been on plan for a few days and I already feel the difference!
Old 08-19-2004, 08:39 PM   #9  

Janette - 3 kittens?? How old are they now? They must be so cute. I remember when I first adopted Samantha and Smokey (sister and brother who are now 10 years old) - it was such fun to have 2 kittens at once - such antics! Congratulations on managing to eat only 28 points on a day you ate dinner at a Mexican restaurant! That is quite an accomplishment. That's so funny about your dog with the muzzle. It's funny, the other two cats don't exactly love the vet but they're basically fine. Actually, Max is the first cat I've had who is such a terror at the vet. It's funny too because he is so affectionate and funny at home.

The visit to the vet was interesting to say the least. I thought for sure that I got the tranquilizing pill down Max's throat but I started to doubt it when I got him in the carrier and heard a hiss (which he never does except at the vet's office!) She checked him out for about 10 seconds and told me there was no way he was tranquilized (at least now I now that their inner eyelid usually shows when they are tranquilized). She gave him a shot but he was still quite feisty when we finally took him out of the carrier. It turns out that Max has gained a bit of weight and while she was able to give him his vaccine, Max did not get a thorough exam because he just wasn't tranquilized enough this time - even with the shot she gave him (which was based on his weight last year). Actually, all of our cats are overweight - so I guess you can say that it's a human and feline dieting family here.

So far so good today. I'm very curious to hear more details about the new WW program even though I've taken a hiatus from it for SBD. My sister went back to meetings - she goes on Saturdays so I don't think she'll get the new info this week - probably next week.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 08-20-2004, 10:49 AM   #10  
Canadian, eh?

LOL Judy, sounds like you had a heck of a time with Max! Gillis (of eau de salmon mort fame) goes hysterical at the vet, even though he's the most laid back creature on the face of the earth the rest of the time. Lucy and Jasper love going to the vet.

Janette - I LOVE kittens! A visitor to my workplace yesterday brought in his pug with her 7 puppies - they're a week old and just adorable.

Stayed 100% OP yesterday for a change! And planning on the same today. I'm going out for lunch with several friends from work today; have already decided what to order minus the garlic bread.

Looking forward to the weekend!

Have a great day!

Karen
Old 08-20-2004, 03:42 PM   #11  

Karen - congratulations on a 100% OP day yesterday. I know you'll do well at lunch today - planning really, really helps.

I had an OP day yesterday although I did feel sort of snacky last night. I had some PB and then some veggies with hummous and that helped. I think I just have to be sure to have my little ricotta creme treat tonight - the protein is really filling. I went to (grad) school this morning to pay the fall's tuition bill - yikes! I went to the pool for a couple of hours when I got back but it is hazy, hot and humid today and I was overdo for lunch (and they don't have program friendly food for sale there) so I came back home and am enjoying watching the Olympics in the air conditioning! We are grilling some mahi mahi tonight and before that, I want to get some kind of exercise in. I think I might try a Pilates dvd I got at the fitness convention in June and never got around to try.

Carla - I hope you are enjoying the hiking in Colorado!

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 08-21-2004, 06:39 AM   #12  
Janette

The kittens are about 2 months old. They were born to a stray that came to the house and I fed her thinking I could tame her but it didn't work. Anyway, I found the kittens when they had just gotten their eyes open, brought them in and feed them kitten formula for a couple of weeks. Now they are taking over the house. I bought them a scratching post yesterday since they are attacking my newly upholstered chair!
Two are black and white (females) and other is gray and white. I named them Samson and Delilah and Violet (she is so shy and lady-like). I have another cat (Oscar) DH brought home from work a couple of years ago (amost straved and ring-worm infested!) and he is now King of the Walk at 16 lbs. last visit to the vet. I also have two outside cats that are tame. Plus 3 dogs in the house. My sister told someone I only work to pay the vet bills and I think she is right. The receptionist at the Vet's told me I needed to get a separate card just for Bo-dog (he has congestive heart failure and has to have two regular medications that are kinda costly). I also feed the neighbors cats (4) that he left when the house burned. They are wild also.
Anyway, I have a big heart where critters are concerned.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:47 AM   #13  
Back Again!

S/C/G: 290/270/180

Height: 5'3"

Question Op?

Good morning! I'm still a newbie to the forum and have a crazy question... what does OP refer to? I've seen it mentioned in several posts, but have no clue. Will someone enlighten me?

Thanks bunches! Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday.

Old 08-22-2004, 10:57 AM   #14  
Back Again!

S/C/G: 290/270/180

Height: 5'3"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiftieslady
The kittens are about 2 months old. They were born to a stray that came to the house and I fed her thinking I could tame her but it didn't work. Anyway, I found the kittens when they had just gotten their eyes open, brought them in and feed them kitten formula for a couple of weeks. Now they are taking over the house. I bought them a scratching post yesterday since they are attacking my newly upholstered chair!
Two are black and white (females) and other is gray and white. I named them Samson and Delilah and Violet (she is so shy and lady-like). I have another cat (Oscar) DH brought home from work a couple of years ago (amost straved and ring-worm infested!) and he is now King of the Walk at 16 lbs. last visit to the vet. I also have two outside cats that are tame. Plus 3 dogs in the house. My sister told someone I only work to pay the vet bills and I think she is right. The receptionist at the Vet's told me I needed to get a separate card just for Bo-dog (he has congestive heart failure and has to have two regular medications that are kinda costly). I also feed the neighbors cats (4) that he left when the house burned. They are wild also.
Anyway, I have a big heart where critters are concerned.

You sound like you have a heart of Gold. I found a white kitten under the bushes at my job (I work @ a large hospital) - was so tiny to have just been abandoned. A coworker and myself took him to the vet where he was promptly adopted by the receptionist. Unfortunately, my daughter is allergic to cats so I couldn't bring him home with me. *sigh*
Old 08-22-2004, 08:56 PM   #15  

Kali - OP is "On Program", meaning you are following the program.
Closed Thread